Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Cags plays on the right for Turkey and has been quoted as saying that its his natural position being a right footed player. He only plays there predominately because Evans takes the right. 

Irrespective perhaps because he's a great player either way, but if we did get Kabak then I'd prefer Cags to command the defensive on the right as he does his country rather than the left. Some could argue that he's ingrained on the left now and used to the left sided midfield players and fullbacks etc, but it wouldn't matter for me because kabak would have the same issue of having to adjust. 

But what do I know 🤔.....

The irony is Jonny Evans is both footed, its always baffled me why he isn't the one to play the left side.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but Tanner's article this morning said we were in the loan market for a left footed right winger.

Neres seems like a real possibility if there is appetite for loan with obligation - Ajax have done those deals before (Wober to Sevilla springs to mind) and it would be a superb signing for us.

As Ric says, a late one once CB is settled sounds like our only chance of recruiting here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The irony is Jonny Evans is both footed, its always baffled me why he isn't the one to play the left side.

I'd completely forgotten that! In which case when he comes back into the starting lineup potentially with 2 right footed CB's in Kabak and Cags then surely it makes sense for him to switch to the left.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but Tanner's article this morning said we were in the loan market for a left footed right winger.

Neres seems like a real possibility if there is appetite for loan with obligation - Ajax have done those deals before (Wober to Sevilla springs to mind) and it would be a superb signing for us.

As Ric says, a late one once CB is settled sounds like our only chance of recruiting here.

They are also stacked with left footed right wingers now with the signing of Berghuis and also having Antony (he was first choice last season) along with Neres

Neres is the one that would be the most available I think, they aren’t desperate for a transfer/money either so may be willing to do a loan with an obligation

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Cags plays on the right for Turkey and has been quoted as saying that its his natural position being a right footed player. He only plays there predominately because Evans takes the right. 

Irrespective perhaps because he's a great player either way, but if we did get Kabak then I'd prefer Cags to command the defensive on the right as he does his country rather than the left. Some could argue that he's ingrained on the left now and used to the left sided midfield players and fullbacks etc, but it wouldn't matter for me because kabak would have the same issue of having to adjust. 

But what do I know 🤔.....

Are you sure Cags plays on the right for Turkey? He's been on the left every time he's started for them recently. When did he say that? Are you sure he only plays there because Evans takes the right side? Evans doesn't take the right when he plays alongside Fofana.

When Cags and Kabak have both started for Turkey recently, Cags is on the left and Kabak is on the right.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

13 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'd completely forgotten that! In which case when he comes back into the starting lineup potentially with 2 right footed CB's in Kabak and Cags then surely it makes sense for him to switch to the left.

There must be a reason that Cags is usually on the left for both us and Turkey. I know he's right-footed, but it seems to me that he might prefer to be on the left, or it might be that he's more comfortable there than the other CBs he plays alongside.

41 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They are also stacked with left footed right wingers now with the signing of Berghuis and also having Antony (he was first choice last season) along with Neres

Neres is the one that would be the most available I think, they aren’t desperate for a transfer/money either so may be willing to do a loan with an obligation

Even Tadic is left footed, as is Kudus. Both don't play on the wing but do drift all over the place.

Neres is on his way for sure, we've got to be in the mixer for him.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Even Tadic is left footed, as is Kudus. Both don't play on the wing but do drift all over the place.

Neres is on his way for sure, we've got to be in the mixer for him.

I thought you'd made peace with us not signing a RW?

How to solve our problems:

1. Offer Messi a 1 year contract on £500k a week (£25m)

2. Make that back and more with shirt sales.

3. Sign CB with the profits

Thank me later guys.

Edited by Devohn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Is there an argument that Messi’s signing on fee, and wages would be 100% offset by the ridiculous worldwide sales of shirts and merchandise that would follow??……

if so, GERRIMIN!!!!! 

Yeah, they pay for themselves 100% those types of players! Only Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar are marketable enough to fit into that category I would expect. 

24 minutes ago, Devohn said:

3. Sign CB with the profits

Thank me later guys.

just realised this is less than what Villa just paid for Ings with one year left on his deal... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Devohn said:

3. Run out of away shirts to sell by Christmas, like we've done with away kits for the last 2-3 years because we've ordered too few

4. ??????

5. Profit

Thank me later guys.

Applied standard LCFC clubshop operating methods to make this more accurate lol

Edited by orangecity23
  • Haha 3