Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

2 hours ago, Devohn said:

How to solve our problems:

1. Offer Messi a 1 year contract on £500k a week (£25m)

2. Make that back and more with shirt sales.

3. Sign CB with the profits

Thank me later guys.

1 hour ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Doesn't Vardy have a highest earner clause though? 

So pay him whatever Vardy earns and make the equivalent up with appearance bonuses. Everyone wins.

33 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Can't wait to hear Messi's side of these events. Surely been screwed by Barce not doing their maths! 

Barce fire sale coming up boys, who shall we take? Bargain bucket stuff 

Finally, we can swoop in and sign Trinca-oh wait...

These Cambiasso type fairytale signings of Messi could in my opinion only happen for us because of the training facility's we've got for him. With worldwide commercial merchandise and Adidas bumping us up to tier A then I'd sure pay him £500k per week for that.

I'm surprised this thread is still active lol! We have a major injury crisis (again). Club is gonna have to pay a high asking price to bring in a quality defender from one of our rivals. It's not in our DNA to operate this way but the dire situation means we might bypass the usual find a cheap temporary loan option which lets admit it is a crap shoot as we've not had much luck with that. I was so excited about getting a winger in and it all went pear shaped after lil wes breaking his leg. Sucks!

28 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I'm surprised this thread is still active lol! We have a major injury crisis (again). Club is gonna have to pay a high asking price to bring in a quality defender from one of our rivals. It's not in our DNA to operate this way but the dire situation means we might bypass the usual find a cheap temporary loan option which lets admit it is a crap shoot as we've not had much luck with that. I was so excited about getting a winger in and it all went pear shaped after lil wes breaking his leg. Sucks!

I don't think we'll be paying a lot to take a player from a rival. I don't believe we currently have that sort of cash spare, and I don't think the club would want to buy off a rival even if it was a possibility. It's pissing money down the drain.

I think we'll be looking at loans and players like Kabak who are available at a cut price. I'm confident that we'll find someone decent without breaking the bank.

I'm sure you're thinking of players like Bennett when the word loan is mentioned, but Huth and Youri were both loans, as well, don't forget.

11 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Interesting that Paul Doyle in today’s Guardian says we are still pursuing a high end winger. 

I trust Paul. Especially when he writes things I’d love to be true.

I wouldn’t be surprised. I always got the sense that despite the consensus being we are broke (no idea where that came from) that we were still very much chasing someone. I think they only thing that will have changed is that the quality of the CB we are after might go up. But still with the injury suffered I would expect that to be a loan rather than an expensive signing. I have a feeling the next couple of weeks will solve all the problems in the squad.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised. I always got the sense that despite the consensus being we are broke (no idea where that came from) that we were still very much chasing someone. I think they only thing that will have changed is that the quality of the CB we are after might go up. But still with the injury suffered I would expect that to be a loan rather than an expensive signing. I have a feeling the next couple of weeks will solve all the problems in the squad.

....so long as other clubs believe we have no money then we won’t be fleeced!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442

34 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Probably due to the fact we made pre-tax loses of 67m in 2020 and loses of 20m in 2019, so we lost 89m in two seasons.

So we are reliant on King Power covering our lose via loans.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Probably due to the fact we made pre-tax loses of 67m in 2020 and loses of 20m in 2019, so we lost 89m in two seasons.

So we are reliant on King Power covering our lose via loans.

But everything points to the fact that we are still trying to sign players. Plenty of links to expensive signings etc. We may be making losses, or have done in the last couple of years but that doesn’t mean we are broke or not signing anyone new. We’ve only spent 40million so far which is pretty modest for any premier league side let alone one with an above average revenue.

Also you have to consider the fact that we have just signed a huge new sponsorship deal so if anything we are likely to spend more than previous years without it breaking the budget.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

But everything points to the fact that we are still trying to sign players. Plenty of links to expensive signings etc. We may be making losses, or have done in the last couple of years but that doesn’t mean we are broke or not signing anyone new. We’ve only spent 40million so far which is pretty modest for any premier league side let alone one with an above average revenue.

Also you have to consider the fact that we have just signed a huge new sponsorship deal so if anything we are likely to spend more than previous years without it breaking the budget.

Everything Rodgers and tier 1 reporters have said that we don't have much more money without selling and that the big names would only be loan's or are going for dirt cheap 

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

From Rodgers' comment that we don't have a bottomless pit of money

Just now, Merchant_Banker said:

From Rodgers' comment that we don't have a bottomless pit of money

No club does. We are never going to do a Villa or an Everton in terms of spending beyond our means but I would be shocked if we don’t see at least one more big signing come through the door (when I say big, big for us 20-40 million range). 

• Like 1