Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

1 minute ago, Merchant_Banker said:

From Rodgers' comment that we don't have a bottomless pit of money

I think he was comparing us to the likes of Man City and co. to be fair. 

Still think we have a small amount to play with to get us a decent winger in and a CB on a free or loan 

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

But everything points to the fact that we are still trying to sign players. Plenty of links to expensive signings etc. We may be making losses, or have done in the last couple of years but that doesn’t mean we are broke or not signing anyone new. We’ve only spent 40million so far which is pretty modest for any premier league side let alone one with an above average revenue.

Also you have to consider the fact that we have just signed a huge new sponsorship deal so if anything we are likely to spend more than previous years without it breaking the budget.

Our average net spend over the last 5 season is around 22m per season, so 40m net is a decent amount for us.

Generally any spending has been paid for by sales.

i hope you are right but I'd be surprised to see us spend much more without cashing in on some squad players like Ghezzel, Hamza and maybe Preat.

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Take a break from being Debbie Downers would you @coolhandfox@Attywolf & @Merchant_Banker?

Some of us want to believe we’ll have a new RW & a CB by the end of the window, and don’t want your ‘facts’ and ‘figures’ to challenge us.

Thank you.

Can' t afford transfer fees, so will just sign Messi to fill in at RW. Fofana has just had new nano-tech treatment and will start tomorrow.

Is that positive enough for you! :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Take a break from being Debbie Downers would you @coolhandfox@Attywolf & @Merchant_Banker?

Some of us want to believe we’ll have a new RW & a CB by the end of the window, and don’t want your ‘facts’ and ‘figures’ to challenge us.

Thank you.

I'm not a downer, I think our squad is much stronger than last season and we are in for a good one.

I expect us to have a CB and RW in before the start of the season but I expect us to use the loan market and look for clever deals.

I just don't see us spunking 30m to 40m on a player.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Our average net spend over the last 5 season is around 22m per season, so 40m net is a decent amount for us.

Generally any spending has been paid for by sales.

i hope you are right but I'd be surprised to see us spend much more without cashing in on some squad players like Ghezzel, Hamza and maybe Preat.

Completely agree. And we will.

46 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not a downer, I think our squad is much stronger than last season and we are in for a good one.

I expect us to have a CB and RW in before the start of the season but I expect us to use the loan market and look for clever deals.

I just don't see us spunking 30m to 40m on a player.

We’ll see won’t we?! But yes, one way or another there’ll be two more match day squad players incoming, maybe three.

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

I know it has been discussed weeks ago but anyone remember what the info was on Daniel James as a RW? lol

We need to start discussing it again it seems 

Yeah. He’s played 77 games on the left wing and 60 odd on the right he and side

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Probably due to the fact we made pre-tax loses of 67m in 2020 and loses of 20m in 2019, so we lost 89m in two seasons.

So we are reliant on King Power covering our lose via loans.

...would King Power need to be putting funds in with losses of this amount!!!

Surely we would carry the debt to the following year, as opposed to resetting the Balance Sheet every year.

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...would King Power need to be putting funds in with losses of this amount!!!

Surely we would carry the debt to the following year, as opposed to resetting the Balance Sheet every year.

Owner debt increased from 36m in 2019 to 154m in 2020, overall net debt increased from 80m in 2019 to 178m in 2020.

The reason we have gone for FBS as a sponser is to increase our income.

Edited by coolhandfox

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Owner debt increased from 36m in 2019 to 154m in 2020, overall net debt increased from 80m in 2019 to 178m in 2020.

....would the pandemic have been a big part of the losses!!!

Not sure what the Year End date is for the club, to see just how much the lack of crowds and merchandising along with TV receipts would have impacted the club. The Owner liability can be written down over a period so not exactly an immediate problem, but still we are being financed by King Power and this will be something that will be addressed in the future by TV revenue and the completion of expenditure on infrastructure.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....would the pandemic have been a big part of the losses!!!

Not sure what the Year End date is for the club, to see just how much the lack of crowds and merchandising along with TV receipts would have impacted the club. The Owner liability can be written down over a period so not exactly an immediate problem, but still we are being financed by King Power and this will be something that will be addressed in the future by TV revenue and the completion of expenditure on infrastructure.

Yes of course, but it's still a debt.

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

The reason we have gone for FBS as a sponser is to increase our income.

I can't see that affecting us getting an addition winger after a CB. 

It's touted but not confirmed that the sponsorship is £30mil per year. Owners payback limit is £30mil, ironically the same. Then we we have players yet to be sold. These figures combined brings us comfortably inside the 3 year UEFA window and onto the next. 

Most fans know that the owners want a well run club that is financially independent, but at least we are in a position whereby our owners can pay £30mil given their wealth. We've had a godawful pandemic and have seen a seismic shift as to the status over the last 2 UEFA windows so I don't think people should be overly worried.

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

It's touted but not confirmed that the sponsorship is £30mil per year. Owners payback limit is £30mil, ironically the same. Then we we have players yet to be sold. These figures combined brings us comfortably inside the 3 year UEFA window and onto the next. 

Most fans know that the owners want a well run club that is financially independent, but at least we are in a position whereby our owners can pay £30mil given their wealth. We've had a godawful pandemic and have seen a seismic shift as to the status over the last 2 UEFA windows so I don't think people should be overly worried.

Are these rules still in place? I thought they’d been scrapped.

5 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Maybe, remember we are going to have to finance a staduim extenison whilst not part of FFP, it still needs to be paid for.

Every year I see people saying we are going to spend x or y and we don't, we stick to our 20m net. 

I too expect us to get a CB and a RM, but feel they will be smart moves like loans with a option to buy.

I just don't see us spending 30m on a RM and 20m on a CB like some folks do.

The owners will want to bring debt and the wage bill under control.

And I'm definitely not worried there is a reason they are billionaires, because they ae sharp business people. 

Edited by coolhandfox
Typos
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Reckon Rudders will have a chat with Mahrez today to see if he fancies taking a pay cut… 

Well, if Man City are going to splash the cash reported for Grealish and Kane (which I seriously doubt) then they'll be looking to make some economies.... or maybe not, given their creative accounting abilities. 

Perso, I reckon the CB situation means we'll be 'making do' with the right sided options that we've got. Sorry to those that don't rate Perez but, on the plus side, you'll have the chance to reevaluate!  

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe, remember we are going to have to finance a staduim extenison whilst not part of FFP, it still needs to be paid for.

Every year I see people saying we are going to spend x or y and we don't, we stick to our 20m net. 

I too expect us to get a CB and a RM, but feel they will be smart moves like loans with a option to buy.

I just don't see us spending 30m on a RM and 20m on a CB like some folks do.

The owners will want to bring debt and the wage bill under control.

And I'm definitely not worried there is a reason they are billionaires, because they ae sharp business people. 

Do you mean on a RW? I think our priorities might have changed given the defensive issues unless a loan is available. The owners, although I'd rather them not have to, can pay an amount circa £30mil without any penalties being incurred but I'm not sure what that limit is currently set at, per annum. If anyone knows please let me know, I did some searching yesterday but couldn't find anything.

I think there is a time to bring debt under control but that it isn't right now given the circumstances and that there are wider issues at play for instance our league positions and aspirations. It's all intertwined with injurys etc.

The stadium is separate like you've said and isn't involved in day to day club finances. Not sure what your point is on that.

If Sowah is fully integrated into the squad ,he could be ready to bench before Christmas and  be seriously challenging for a start in the new year. Rodgers will explore this option first and reassess before the next window. He has that potential but needs Rodgers's confidence and encouragement.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Do you mean on a RW? I think our priorities might have changed given the defensive issues unless a loan is available. The owners, although I'd rather them not have to, can pay an amount circa £30mil without any penalties being incurred but I'm not sure what that limit is currently set at, per annum. If anyone knows please let me know, I did some searching yesterday but couldn't find anything.

I think there is a time to bring debt under control but that it isn't right now given the circumstances and that there are wider issues at play for instance our league positions and aspirations. It's all intertwined with injurys etc.

The stadium is separate like you've said and isn't involved in day to day club finances. Not sure what your point is on that.

How is it separate, the cost of the training ground is in the clubs accounts, so why would this be different.

It's not part of FFP but it is part of the clubs finances. 

• Like 2

Whatever the plans were, a right winger will now have gone right to the bottom of the to do list and understandably so. We've already spent 40m on 2 players plus 1 free transfer. Given our usual model and level of expenditure, do people seriously think that we're going to spend around another 40m on a centre half and winger? No chance.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

How is it separate, the cost of the training ground is in the clubs accounts, so why would this be different.

It's not part of FFP but it is part of the clubs finances. 

Infrastructure is separate.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

It's no included for FFP reporting.

But that doesn't mean it's not part of our finances; it's not free. 

What???? Infrastructure has no bearing on club running and club running finances!! 

Go and do some research. The club have taken out 2 loans already as separate entity's concerning the stadium as they did the training ground. To discuss this properly you need to compartmentalise the 2 because one is separate from the other.

Edited by UHDrive
Factual