Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

What???? Infrastructure has no bearing on club running and club running finances!! 

Go and do some research. The club have taken out 2 loans already as separate entity's concerning the stadium as they did the training ground. To discuss this properly you need to compartmentalise the 2 because one is separate from the other.

Who do you think is paying the loans back? 

On 01/08/2021 at 21:07, coolhandfox said:

The issue is we needed a LB, CB, CM, CF, RW.

Just playing devils advocate, looking a KDH could we have used the soumare money elsewhere.

The issue is we alway seem to be 1 player short as we are always on the limit money wise.

I agree with this. He looks like he could be a good player for us...but did we need him in front of other positions in the team...no

2 minutes ago, TommyK said:

I agree with this. He looks like he could be a good player for us...but did we need him in front of other positions in the team...no

I think it was probably seen as a deal too good to turn down. He adds a physical presence to the midfield, and could have huge potential. I'm guessing our recruitment team see him potentially becoming world class. Besides, he adds depth to the squad, which I think was just as important this summer as improving any particular position.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not really, no. 

Like a small handful of times. 

He's very much a central striker. 

Yes he is very much a striker, but again today Perez was poor when we was in good areas.

He has the ability to play on the wing , he has two good feet, he’s  quick and can dribble and has good work rate, it’s definitely worth us having a look rather than him sitting on the bench.

5 hours ago, UHDrive said:

What???? Infrastructure has no bearing on club running and club running finances!! 

Go and do some research. The club have taken out 2 loans already as separate entity's concerning the stadium as they did the training ground. To discuss this properly you need to compartmentalise the 2 because one is separate from the other.

Of course they do, the football club have to pay the loans back. The money they use to pay the loans back, could have been used on players wages, players fees or a 300ft statue of David Nugent chasing a squirrel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Of course they do, the football club have to pay the loans back. The money they use to pay the loans back, could have been used on players wages, players fees or a 300ft statue of David Nugent chasing a squirrel.

No, they don't. The owners pay the loans back. If the owners want to pump money into the club from the owners company then that's their perogative. If its on transfers etc it's highly regulated via uefa and the pl. If its on infrastructure it has almost no significance to the club.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Not really, no. 

Like a small handful of times. 

He's very much a central striker. 

Still might be a better option than Perez.  Though obviously that's a low bar.

Beating Manx' cup team today was great, but I'm not sure of the utility of starting Perez or Albrighton with Daka and Kelechi (and Soumare, for that matter) on the bench.  You're going to rotate the squad of course (or at least you hope we will) but when we have a "best 11" type of match, I think you need to find a formation that doesn't include Perez or Albrighton.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maybe we could get Neres on loan with an option to buy? He's behind Antony and Tadic at Ajax, and it could be good for Ajax to put him in the shop window

That makes a world of sense, but I’ve seen no links.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UHDrive said:

No, they don't. The owners pay the loans back. If the owners want to pump money into the club from the owners company then that's their perogative. If its on transfers etc it's highly regulated via uefa and the pl. If its on infrastructure it has almost no significance to the club.

Eh…

The loans are from Kingpower or banks and they are listed as a debt on LCFC books. The club have to pay that money back, there is absolutely nothing to suggest we do not.

Yeah, for FFP infrastructure might not count towards passing or failing that. But it’s still on the clubs books and we still have to pay it back.

They could defer payments, they could even convert that debt to equity. But as it’s stands we are paying it back, with interest.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

For me, a right winger is more important than a centrebacks, especially if Evans might be available for selection after the international break

Not for me. Dan did well, but we managed without a better RW too, not saying we do not need one, we do, but CB depth will kill us this season if we get no-one new in. We cannot trust to Jonny’s fitness longer term unfortunately.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not for me. Dan did well, but we managed without a better RW too, not saying we do not need one, we do, but CB depth will kill us this season if we get no-one new in. We cannot trust to Jonny’s fitness longer term unfortunately.

Agreed. In an ideal world we'd have 4 centre backs who could all push for a first team place, and so long term we're in a similar position, (in that we still need at least one).

Whats changed is that we may have gotten away without signing that centre back if little Wes hadn't been horrendously injured. 

I have a horrible feeling this injury is going to continue to plague Jonny for a while yet, and can see him playing one or two matches then pulling up like he did in the cup final and being sidelined for another few months.

For this reason you could argue we now need 2 centre backs, although if we did sign those for longer than a season's loan it might mean losing someone once everyone is fit again.

However all of this, no matter how necessary, wont stop me dreaming of us signing Noni Madueke ....

13 hours ago, TommyK said:

Would also argued that he provides cover for when Wilf is away at AFCON