Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Brennan Johnson he looks the type of player we should go for, one for the future but certainly could make an impact. Probably will cost £5-7m, which isn’t that bad.

Good shout mate. Not sure if he can play right wing though, but has played CAM & LW. 

Think he will have a break through season similar to Olise.

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I think Barca need him now...

I don't think they or us or anybody else can afford him so it'll be an odd one. If he plays another 11 games for them I think they have to pay Liverpool something silly like 17 million so I do wonder if he will end up having to leave with them paying part of his wages. Won't be to us sadly though unless we can justify 200k plus a week on him with no loan fee.

16 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I think Barca need him now...

If he plays around 10 more game they have to give Liverpool another 20m, they are not going to want to do that.

25 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

we should be all over bernardo silva

He cost Man C more then 40m and is on big wages, he is not coming here.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

The system were playing at the moment is a 442 without the ball and a 3421 with it. Not even sure were playing with a right winger as perez is basically playing as an inside forward.

More likely to see Barnes competition than anything else.

On 08/08/2021 at 06:26, Babylon said:

Eh…

The loans are from Kingpower or banks and they are listed as a debt on LCFC books. The club have to pay that money back, there is absolutely nothing to suggest we do not.

Yeah, for FFP infrastructure might not count towards passing or failing that. But it’s still on the clubs books and we still have to pay it back.

They could defer payments, they could even convert that debt to equity. But as it’s stands we are paying it back, with interest.

I don't think people live in the real world, no matter what you say, they just think every owner wants to be Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour and pump millions in.

Every transfer window they think we are going to splash the cash and spend millionS, and then we spend about 20m net. 

Every LCFC financial report has the word sustainability in it.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

The system were playing at the moment is a 442 without the ball and a 3421 with it. Not even sure were playing with a right winger as perez is basically playing as an inside forward.

Good point, he's almost playing as another number 10 

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I thought it was the other way around? On the ball it's 4-2-3-1 and off it it's 3-4-2-1? I know this was mentioned back end of last season when we all thought we were still playing 3-4-2-1 but it had been subtly tweaked. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought it was the other way around? On the ball it's 4-2-3-1 and off it it's 3-4-2-1? I know this was mentioned back end of last season when we all thought we were still playing 3-4-2-1 but it had been subtly tweaked. 

Noticed on Saturday Ricardo virtually played as a right winger at times. Bertrand goes later and only if the ball is on his side too. They definitely depend with maddison and vardy as a front 2.

26 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Noticed on Saturday Ricardo virtually played as a right winger at times. Bertrand goes later and only if the ball is on his side too. They definitely depend with maddison and vardy as a front 2.

It’s definitely building with a back three inc. Bertrand. Perez comes inside and Pereira goes high. Similar to what Italy were doing it the euros with Spinazolla but opposite sides. Shame Perez isn’t quite Insigne but oh welllol

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No definitely 3-4-2-1 in possession and 4-4-2 when out of possession against both Man City and those who will not be named

• Like 2

We build from a back 4 and defend from a back 3 as far as I'm watching them other wise you may as as well class it as a back 2 then 2 fullbacks then 1 DM etc etc.

If we had Castagna fit on the right with RP ahead with the strength that Bertrand and Barnes had on the opposite flank then you wouldn't have that sea-saw movement of right backs becoming full backs with how RP was playing. 

On Saturday it was only Cags and Amartey on the halfway line when in their half which is why mahrez was able to break with that ball bang on and through the centre circle. 

BR has been working on this transition but it's always been about having the players to do it.

27 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No definitely 3-4-2-1 in possession and 4-4-2 when out of possession against both Man City and those who will not be named

Definitely is a 4-4-2 out of possession designed to press teams in to making a mistake, with Vardy, Madders pressing as the top two.

With possession it is debatable if it is a 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-2-1, as with the latter I don't see who plays as the 3rd defender or where Madders, Barnes and Perez play. They seem a more natural fit to 4-2-3-1. However, I certainly see us transitioning in between the two formations during a match as needed. It's a brilliant weapon to have.

Edited by stu
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It very fluid

Bertrand, Soyuncu, and Amartey make the 3, Riccardo push up to make the 4 with Barnes, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison play as a 10, Perez come infield as another 10 and Vardy up top.

This makes so much sense now, especially after seeing it work so well for Italy at the Euros and so well for us in Community Shield.

It's why I don't get the Perez hate (as much as he is frustrating). He does his job as you've described. Where we need to improve on him is having someone who is equally good at dropping inside like him, but also stretching play as Barnes does - even just as an alternative option during games. Doing so would make us that bit more fluid and allow our attacks to be even more varied.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

TL;DR: We don't need a right winger, we need a pacy right-sided, left footed attacking midfielder.

Hi Asensio 👋👀

Kamal Sowah, reputedly the fastest forward we have, and predominantly left footed. No transfer fee required.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

And not in the 18 chosen by Rodgers on Saturday. I think we can conclude he's deemed not ready?

Perhaps not quite yet, but before Christmas I would think. As long as he is fully integrated into the senior pool of players he will get his chance. He could save us a pile of money if he comes through this season. He might even close down the interminable R.W. thread on here.

23 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Probably been mentioned but I'd go for Xherdan Shaqiri. Liverpool have put him up for around 13m. Proven at top level, scores goals, tricky RW and only 29 yrs old. Get him on a 3 or 4 year deal, problem solved! :ph34r:

BR is a big fan of his also.

26 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Probably been mentioned but I'd go for Xherdan Shaqiri. Liverpool have put him up for around 13m. Proven at top level, scores goals, tricky RW and only 29 yrs old. Get him on a 3 or 4 year deal, problem solved! :ph34r:

We couldn’t afford all the pies

• Haha 1