Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

3 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

And not in the 18 chosen by Rodgers on Saturday. I think we can conclude he's deemed not ready?

I'd have thought that's more a matter of positional familiarity then, as the movements required for the above strategy would be quite unnatural for a winger? Maybe a few more months of practice and he should be able to do the job I hope. 

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

It very fluid

Bertrand, Soyuncu, and Amartey make the 3, Riccardo push up to make the 4 with Barnes, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison play as a 10, Perez come infield as another 10 and Vardy up top.

It seems to be 3-4-2-1 in possession if we are attacking down the right side as when we were attacking down the left and Bertrand was supporting Barnes, Ricardo was not slotting in as the 3rd centre half, he was pushing right up. I couldn't quite tell in that scenario if Ndidi was then dropping back and Perez joining Youri but I liked the way Bertrand and Barnes team up so far, I was worried Bertrand wouldn't support him that well but he's been class. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

And not in the 18 chosen by Rodgers on Saturday. I think we can conclude he's deemed not ready?

I mean realistically who is he getting ahead of on the bench from Saturday?

Ward, Benkovic, Thomas, Choudhury, Soumare, KDH, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Daka

With options of Albrighton, Nacho and Daka on the bench Sowah wouldn't have been needed as well, 12 man bench and he would've been on it

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It seems to be 3-4-2-1 in possession if we are attacking down the right side as when we were attacking down the left and Bertrand was supporting Barnes, Ricardo was not slotting in as the 3rd centre half, he was pushing right up. I couldn't quite tell in that scenario if Ndidi was then dropping back and Perez joining Youri but I liked the way Bertrand and Barnes team up so far, I was worried Bertrand wouldn't support him that well but he's been class. 

Riccardo is drops more to a traditional RB, when Bertrand goes forward and Perez drops wider, almost like we go to a more normal 4-2-3-1 when that happens.

Seem to me this is Rodgers finding a way to clever way play without the RM we all want.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Riccardo is drops more to a traditional RB, when Bertrand goes forward and Perez drops wider, almost like we go to a more normal 4-2-3-1 when that happens.

Seem to me this is Rodgers finding a way to clever way play without the RM we all want.

The shit cooont, just buy us our winger and let's get winning the league.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, CloudFox said:

This makes so much sense now, especially after seeing it work so well for Italy at the Euros and so well for us in Community Shield.

It's why I don't get the Perez hate (as much as he is frustrating). He does his job as you've described. Where we need to improve on him is having someone who is equally good at dropping inside like him, but also stretching play as Barnes does - even just as an alternative option during games. Doing so would make us that bit more fluid and allow our attacks to be even more varied.

I am sure the hate is based on his lack of goals. As you have said he is doing his role in other ways, as Shinji did while here. Being a forward he is purely being judged on goals. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

According to the morning newspaper, director of football affairs Marc Overmars thinks he can sell David Neres the 24-year-old Brazilian in the Premier League . It is not clear which clubs may be interested. 

could it be us ?

Now there's an intriguing one. Sounds more like them hawking him a out than there being interest though. Where did you see this?

21 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

According to the morning newspaper, director of football affairs Marc Overmars thinks he can sell David Neres the 24-year-old Brazilian in the Premier League . It is not clear which clubs may be interested. 

could it be us ?

Maybe but they’ve declined massive bids for him in the past (over £30 million) but admittedly in a different financial climate. 

Despite links to massive clubs over the past few years, and I’m sure his highlights reel looks great but his numbers aren’t really that good are they?