Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

33 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

According to the morning newspaper, director of football affairs Marc Overmars thinks he can sell David Neres the 24-year-old Brazilian in the Premier League . It is not clear which clubs may be interested. 

could it be us ?

He’s got one of those faces that screams two things; prima donna and “I’m not sure I’m keen on a finger in me bum”

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Antony is the one we want from Ajax neres is more of a left winger 

He has had one season where he played more as a left winger than a right winger (18/19) and it was only 3 more games on the left than the right, overall in his career he is primarily a right winger

ED69D11C-F80E-49C3-97D1-5078C79DA874.jpeg

Edited by moore_94

30 minutes ago, Nick said:

Maybe but they’ve declined massive bids for him in the past (over £30 million) but admittedly in a different financial climate. 

Despite links to massive clubs over the past few years, and I’m sure his highlights reel looks great but his numbers aren’t really that good are they?

His last 4 seasons since he has been a first team player at Ajax

2020/21 - 39 appearances, 21 starts (2,012 minutes - 22.4 games) - 8 goals, 5 assists, goal contribution every 155 minutes

2019/20 - 20 appearances, 12 starts (1,063 minutes - 11.8 games) - 6 goals, 2 assists, goal contribution every 133 minutes - out with an injury from November onwards

2018/19 - 50 appearances, 38 starts (3,468 minutes - 38.5 games) - 12 goals, 15 assists, goal contribution every 128 minutes

2017/18 - 38 appearances, 32 starts (2,918 minutes - 32.4 games) - 15 goals and 14 assists, goal contribution every 101 minutes

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hack said:

I am sure the hate is based on his lack of goals. As you have said he is doing his role in other ways, as Shinji did while here. Being a forward he is purely being judged on goals. 

Not for me.  First it isn't hate for Perez, but an assessment that he is well below the quality we need.  Secondly, it isn't the lack of goals per se but the number of times attacks peter out  after the ball has reached him.

Edited by deep blue

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Guys don't do this to @Ric Flair

Keep the Neres talk to a minimum unless there's any solid link, poor Mr Flair has had enough disappointment as it is over the last few windows. 

Hahahaha Neres is pure Hollywood of a right winger an'all. The poster boy of sad and pathetic blokes like me, Madueke is all the rage at the minute and likely to hit the heights Neres ought to have but imagine him here. The Brazilian party boy would show Maddison and Ayo how it's done.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Maybe Jesse lingard is the attacking midfielder we need instead of Perez?

Quite possibly and I personally think he'd be a good fit on a number of fronts. However, possibly the valuation of 30m may be a sticking point, particularly in our current situation of needing another centre half as a priority. He's 29 in December, has a year left on his current contract I think and he would command hefty wages, particularly as it may be his last big contract. Will United play him this season bearing in mind the plethora of younger talent they have? At his age, if he's still bothered and has ambitions (seemed very committed for West Ham), he needs to play at his age.

If we sold Praet and Choudhury we could reasonably expect to recoup 20/25m and Lingard would also render the need for Perez unnecessary, though I don't think that one would happen as I can't see anyone in the Premiership vaguely wanting him and it would represent an embarrassing loss to sell him to a foreign team. Never say Never, but I think the potential signing of Lingard for anyone would be an end of the transfer deadline affair.

I doubt we'll buy a traditional winger for a season or two more.

Bren wants to the "right winger" to cut inside, dragging defenders away, giving space to the wing back, to break down defences. This is a great strategy because we have Ricardo, But even if we sell Ricardo then Justin will take up that attacking wing back position. And Bertrand and Thomas aren't too bad at it either. The most likely right winger we would have bought this window was, I think, Pereira. And the West Brom fans said he was no winger. But like Perez an attacking forward.

We won't buy a "right winger" but we may upgrade Perez. And any winger we do buy must happily cut inside and give space to the attacking wing backs, like Barnes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Bren wants to the "right winger" to cut inside, dragging defenders away, giving space to the wing back, to break down defences. This is a great strategy because we have Ricardo, But even if we sell Ricardo then Justin will take up that attacking wing back position. And Bertrand and Thomas aren't too bad at it either. The most likely right winger we would have bought this window was, I think, Pereira. And the West Brom fans said he was no winger. But like Perez an attacking forward.

We won't buy a "right winger" but we may upgrade Perez. And any winger we do buy must happily cut inside and give space to the attacking wing backs, like Barnes.

I think you might be right about this. You can add Castagne to the list of right backs we've got who can get forward.

We do need a decent backup to Barnes, though. I think Sowah could be that player, but we have to make sure we are prepared for an injury/suspension to HB. I don't want us to risk changing our whole strategy again over one injury.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Hahaha you are describing most modern inverted wingers. Traditional right footed right wingers and left footed left wingers are less prosperous in this day and age.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think you might be right about this. You can add Castagne to the list of right backs we've got who can get forward.

We do need a decent backup to Barnes, though. I think Sowah could be that player, but we have to make sure we are prepared for an injury/suspension to HB. I don't want us to risk changing our whole strategy again over one injury.

Sowah and Maswanhise could be get there. They'll need time to get to his level. Maswanhise, apparently, is a creative right winger but was used on the left in the friendlies. That could have just been to accommodate Ghezzal though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaha you are describing most modern inverted wingers. Traditional right footed right wingers and left footed left wingers are less prosperous in this day and age.

You think Pereira fits this definition? West Brom fans suggested his was no winger, inverted or not.

All this Lingard stuff as an 'if Maddison leaves replacement' I'm not really buying.

If we are even interested at all, I'd imagine it's for the right wing despite him being right footed – he pretty much plays centrally or right midfield or right wing. I just can't see us going for him though or Man U selling / loaning to us.

1 minute ago, enmac said:

Brennan Johnson, anybody? Forest player, who impressed me in play off final, on loan with Lincoln City. Can play either wing and seems to have a good end product. 

Think there might already be a thread for him. He is very promising, I watch quite a bit of Lincoln city as my dads a fan. He tore it up last season. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, enmac said:

Brennan Johnson, anybody? Forest player, who impressed me in play off final, on loan with Lincoln City. Can play either wing and seems to have a good end product. 

Yes on the basis it just pisses Forest fans off.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, enmac said:

Forest’s other young winger Alex Mighten looks pretty good too. Came across as a really good lad on East Midlands Today a few months back. Although nowhere near ready to be a starter in the Prem. Could see him being the kind of player that would prosper under a manager like Rodgers.

• Like 1