Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

We need to move a couple on but obvious from those statements that Brendan would like one in.

I wonder if Praet, Hamza, Mendy & Benkovic could all move on, maybe we could still spend a little money rather than a last minute loan?

Madueke would be incredible, probably relies on all of the above and PSV not qualifying for CL though.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ndidi, Mendy, Amartey, Iheanacho, Sowah will all likely be missing. Thankfully Zambia didn't qualify so Daka will be here.

I wonder if that’s a reason why we aren’t letting any of our midfielders go. Brendan’s got one eye on the winter months…

1 minute ago, Fox42 said:

I wonder if that’s a reason why we aren’t letting any of our midfielders go. Brendan’s got one eye on the winter months…

He can't register them all though, would have a few not able to play for 5 months, very silly.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Brendans got me on a piece of fxukin string here. I'm refusing to get excited as when he talks candidly about transfers it usually doesn't happen. See the attempts for an ACM in January for evidence.

BUT WE'RE STILL IN THE MIXER

Ric, like the post I tagged you in and all your dreams will come true...

• Haha 1

From a deep and detailed analysis Brendan's words and body language - I do believe we are in for a winger and we want a top regarded one but only if the price isn't too high i.e we have a budget for a decent winger and have targets in mind but will have to be patient as prices are potentially too high or selling clubs are waiting to give the green light until they do their own business. 

In other words, I have no clue but hope dies last. 

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

From a deep and detailed analysis Brendan's words and body language - I do believe we are in for a winger and we want a top regarded one but only if the price isn't too high i.e we have a budget for a decent winger and have targets in mind but will have to be patient as prices are potentially too high or selling clubs are waiting to give the green light until they do their own business. 

In other words, I have no clue but hope dies last. 

I definitely took it to mean we're still actively looking and someone almost certainly will come in. If it was more "probably not signing anyone, but could in extreme circumstances if we get lucky with a deal" he'd have said he was happy with the squad and wasn't expecting anything. By Rodgers and Leicester standards it was a pretty clear admission we're not finished.

I assume it'll be a right winger in and right now we'll have one or two potential loan options lined up and probably a couple of slightly better choices to pay for but we're likely to need to shift people on for the latter to happen.

I'm genuinely pretty surprised nobody (other than imminently Ghezzal) has gone at all yet really given how keen both Hamza and Praet seemed to be to go back in January, given we've ultimately got two more players in the first team squad ahead of them in their positions now as well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I definitely took it to mean we're still actively looking and someone almost certainly will come in. If it was more "probably not signing anyone, but could in extreme circumstances if we get lucky with a deal" he'd have said he was happy with the squad and wasn't expecting anything. By Rodgers and Leicester standards it was a pretty clear admission we're not finished.

I assume it'll be a right winger in and right now we'll have one or two potential loan options lined up and probably a couple of slightly better choices to pay for but we're likely to need to shift people on for the latter to happen.

I'm genuinely pretty surprised nobody (other than imminently Ghezzal) has gone at all yet really given how keen both Hamza and Praet seemed to be to go back in January, given we've ultimately got two more players in the first team squad ahead of them in their positions now as well. 

If Hamza goes, during Afcon we are going to need Soumaré or Amartey to stand in. Until his injury Fofana looked the best option. I cannot see any club matching Praet's contract with us. He may be named in the 25 but little used except in Caribou cup matches or early matches in Europe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If Hamza goes, during Afcon we are going to need Soumaré or Amartey to stand in. Until his injury Fofana looked the best option. I cannot see any club matching Praet's contract with us. He may be named in the 25 but little used except in Caribou cup matches or early matches in Europe.

Is Amartey not gonna be at AFCON? 

• Like 2

Every window we fail to get the players we set out to get and we wear the battle scars of failing to get them in (top 4 surrender x 2 seasons on the bounce) the board are under pressure to stick or twist in their ambition.

There's only so much Rodgers can do and they know how fortunate we are to have Rodgers and what the whole club are achieving in his tenure.

I can feel one of my winger lists coming on.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Have we ever been just 1 player away though? A decent RW and woowee, what a window! 

Whoever we get in , you can guarantee the opposition will not be impressed in the slightest. We are going to have to fight tooth and nail for every point. The reality of the EPL.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Every window we fail to get the players we set out to get and we wear the battle scars of failing to get them in (top 4 surrender x 2 seasons on the bounce) the board are under pressure to stick or twist in their ambition.

There's only so much Rodgers can do and they know how fortunate we are to have Rodgers and what the whole club are achieving in his tenure.

Can you provide any evidence to back up this assertion. Seems pretty baseless to me.

I'm not privy to the clubs wanted list for each window but I find that claim somewhat spurious. Surely Tielemans was top of the list the window we signed him?

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It is frustrating that we still haven't nailed the RW spot yet after waiting so long, but just look at the rest of the squad.

Earlier on, I was trying to work out who gets in the 25-man squad, and it's really difficult to cram everyone decent in there. I think this is easily the deepest squad in the history of the club.

Still over two weeks of the window left, anyway. Sounds like we might not be closed for business just yet. I think a winger of a similar calibre of a Fofana/Daka/Soumare really could be the final piece of the puzzle.

Whether we get the player we want or not, though, I think we've had a fuching great transfer window so far, and should look forward to another good season. Adding Soumare, Daka, Bertrand, KDH, Sowah and Vestergaard and not losing any important players (other than Fofana temporarily) will stand us in great stead.

12 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It is frustrating that we still haven't nailed the RW spot yet after waiting so long, but just look at the rest of the squad.

Earlier on, I was trying to work out who gets in the 25-man squad, and it's really difficult to cram everyone decent in there. I think this is easily the deepest squad in the history of the club.

Still over two weeks of the window left, anyway. Sounds like we might not be closed for business just yet. I think a winger of a similar calibre of a Fofana/Daka/Soumare really could be the final piece of the puzzle.

Whether we get the player we want or not, though, I think we've had a fuching great transfer window so far, and should look forward to another good season. Adding Soumare, Daka, Bertrand, KDH, Sowah and Vestergaard and not losing any important players (other than Fofana temporarily) will stand us in great stead.

I haven't done the list as I don't understand the age and home trained players bit but are we going to struggle to fit everyone in for 25 players if we don't sell a couple?

27 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Whoever we get in , you can guarantee the opposition will not be impressed in the slightest. We are going to have to fight tooth and nail for every point. The reality of the EPL.

But you can guarantee Sky will be and then trying to get them moved as they "are too good for Leicester"

Rodgers' press conference very interesting.

I make the current UEL 23 as Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic, Ricardo, Castagne, Justin, Bertrand, Soyuncu, Evans, Vestergaard, Amartey, Ndidi, Mendy, Tielemans, Soumare, Dewsbury-Hall, Maddison, Perez, Albrighton, Barnes, Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho.

Fofana obviously unregistered given he won't play in 2021. Thomas and Sowah eligible for the B list, but I now get the feeling Sowah will get a loan if we get a winger.

Who out of that 23 drops out? Justin is surely in line to get a game in one of the later group games if he's on track. 

I am starting to seriously question whether it's Mendy on his way out, not Choudhury - that would allow us to register 24. Mendy going to AFCON in January is also a concern and it means we'd at least have one natural defensive midfielder around in the meantime.

FWIW of that 23, in addition to Choudhury we have Praet and Benkovic missing out - plus Ghezzal who is all but gone.

So is it Praet and Mendy out, Benkovic and Sowah out on loan, Vestergaard and a winger in?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

But you can guarantee Sky will be and then trying to get them moved as they "are too good for Leicester"

If we show the strength of character of the 2016 team, we can do very well. The secret is getting a result when you don't really deserve it. It takes more than potential to succeed in the premier league, you have to battle hard. There are no easy games that is why I make no predictions on matches.

Edited by An Sionnach