Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

Just now, messerschmitt said:

I haven't done the list as I don't understand the age and home trained players bit but are we going to struggle to fit everyone in for 25 players if we don't sell a couple?

You have to have 8 players who trained in the country for 3 years between the ages of 16-21, which we're fine on, but 4 of them have to have been at the club specifically, which is where we're struggling. We've only got Barnes, KDH and Hamza over the age of 21 (under 21s don't have to be registered - there's no limit to how many u21s you can register on your B list), so effectively, that means we can only list 24 players. Furthermore, Hamza is one of the likeliest to leave, and if he does, as a club-trained player, we can only list 23.

This is the squad currently:

GK: Kasper, Ward, Jaku - 3

CB: Evans, Cags, Vestergaard, Amartey, Benko - 5

FB: Ricardo, Castagne, Bertrand, JJ - 4

CM: Youri, Ndidi, Soumare, KDH, Praet, Mendy, Hamza - 7

AM: Maddison, Barnes, Perez, Albrighton - 4

ST: Vardy, Nacho, Daka - 3

(Under 21: Thomas, Sowah)

Total - 26

At least 2 can't be listed. I'm guessing Benkovic will be going on loan or sold, and possibly Praet. That would take us down to 24, but if there are any more signings, then another has to go. I think Mendy or Hamza would be likeliest, but Mendy is currently injured, and Hamza is one of only 3 club-trained players we have. It's a bit tricky. JJ could be left off the list until January, but he will need to be added on then, so someone else would have to be taken off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

So we're at a stage where I think we've got three options

a) Don't get a right winger

b) Get a right winger but keep Hamza and move Mendy on

c) Get a right winger but but leave someone out of the squad (Justin/Jakupovic/Amartey?)

Withe arrival of Vestagaard , Benko should be offered for sale , for his career sake he cannot do another loan. In fact there is a case for paying up his contract and making him a free agent. He is the only one though on a small contract the others will be much harder to move on.

• Like 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Withe arrival of Vestagaard , Benko should be offered for sale , for his career sake he cannot do another loan. In fact there is a case for paying up his contract and making him a free agent. He is the only one though on a small contract the others will be much harder to move on.

The club will get a fee for him next summer, like with Ghezzal if he can have a half decent loan spell that fee will be higher than what he'd command right now. Paying up his contract would be a complete waste of money, a loan would at least get some fee and some wages paid to us.

I expect the club will keep him as emergency cover until after Norwich on the 28th then get him a late loan move organised. 

Either way, I can see absolutely no way that either he nor Praet get registered in the Europa League squad.

8 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

So we're at a stage where I think we've got three options

a) Don't get a right winger

b) Get a right winger but keep Hamza and move Mendy on

c) Get a right winger but but leave someone out of the squad (Justin/Jakupovic/Amartey?)

I think so. I think c) might be likely. I doubt Jakupovic would be left out. I'm not sure if you're obliged to take 3 keepers, but I don't think anyone ever lists less than 3. I guess we might just leave JJ out until January and see where we stand then.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Where do you get the press conferences?

You Tube had it on I think, as did Sky Sports website. There was a link posted on here earlier, 25 mins long.

48 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Can you provide any evidence to back up this assertion. Seems pretty baseless to me.

I'm not privy to the clubs wanted list for each window but I find that claim somewhat spurious. Surely Tielemans was top of the list the window we signed him?

Any evidence to what? To our targets or thst each window we don't get the players we set out to get that Rodgers will become frustrated?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think so. I think c) might be likely. I doubt Jakupovic would be left out. I'm not sure if you're obliged to take 3 keepers, but I don't think anyone ever lists less than 3. I guess we might just leave JJ out until January and see where we stand then.

It's an intriguing one. I'm really surprised Rodgers has come out and said he wants additions. 

I'd just think Justin could very easily be available for the last two group games and that would be an ideal place to build up his match fitness, especially if we're well placed in the group by then. But we do have much better full-back options ahead of him this year rather than just JJ/Castagne/Fuchs/a less experienced Thomas who were ahead of Ricardo when he made his return at a similar time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It makes me wonder how teams like Chelsea manage. They seem to buy everyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

It makes me wonder how teams like Chelsea manage. They seem to buy everyone.

In fairness they are well stocked in terms of home-grown players these days. James, Mount, Christensen and Lukaku all count as club-trained, Chilwell, Bettinelli are association trained, Hudson-Odoi is U21. So they can name 24 and that's without considering Loftus-Cheek, Barkley, Chalobah who might all stay.

Man City find it a bit more difficult but then that's why their no.3 keeper is Scott Carson, for example.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

... no loans, there will be an opportunity for him to perform, he deserves the chance!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

You Tube had it on I think, as did Sky Sports website. There was a link posted on here earlier, 25 mins long.

Any evidence to what? To our targets or thst each window we don't get the players we set out to get that Rodgers will become frustrated?

Are they not one and the same?

You claim we don't get the signings (targets) we set out to get. How do you know this? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

What’s Lloyd Dyer doing these days? He’s two footed-ish. Well he scored the important goal against Bolton with his right foot, that counts. 

Sure I read an article the other day where someone was claiming he's now a football agent. 

Maybe he can set us up with someone...

I'm going to assume that Noni Madueke isn't one of the players he represents though 🤔 

16 minutes ago, Lichfieldfox. said:

Gray looked good yesterday.... But best bet would be Sarr from Watford

I spent the summer ribbing my mate who’s a toffee fan, telling how shite he is, and he reckons he’s been tearing it up for them in pre-season and yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I spent the summer ribbing my mate who’s a toffee fan, telling how shite he is, and he reckons he’s been tearing it up for them in pre-season and yesterday. 

He’s clearly got the talent but he always seemed like he was scared to fully express himself for us, when he was given he opportunity he always looked to play things safe which for a player like himself isn’t really what you want to see… maybe the penny has dropped after years of underperforming along with being binned of by Leverkusen that natural ability alone isn’t enough he has to start showing it on the pitch