Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

They overpaid.

Agreed. Can't imagine he'd give us anything more than we already have.

Scored a fair few goals last season, watched a little. (Mainly because I had Bournmouth to win the title!). And he's somebody you'd expect to see in the lower half of the premier league. Just my opinion!

Then saying that I wouldn't expect part of Evertons attack force to involve Gray and Towsend so what do I know.

49 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

16 goals last season isn't a bad return, but if all of these came in the first half of the season, a bit like Vardy, I'll accept what you are saying.

Highly doubt the club would actively look to purchase anyone else this season that's due to be away for over a month in January at AFCON. 

I'm certainly not panicking, i'm at my most excited with regards to Leicester transfers when there's no news or whispers whatsoever!

Media knows how much we need another squad defender and a right winger and yet... nothing.

Usually means we are working on something exciting ;)*

*or scrambling around for deadline day loans.... :ph34r:

25 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'm certainly not panicking, i'm at my most excited with regards to Leicester transfers when there's no news or whispers whatsoever!

Media knows how much we need another squad defender and a right winger and yet... nothing.

Usually means we are working on something exciting ;)*

*or scrambling around for deadline day loans.... :ph34r:

We've just bought a squad defender?

I have a funny feeling we're gonna bid for someone. Just feel it in my bones based on reading between the lines in BR's recent interview and rumors from the internet. If we have targeted someone than holy crap we are very good at keeping it hush! 'If' we get someone and its a buy then I'm sure the recruiting dept will have done a ton of background work and know for sure he will be a game changer. The same affect having Barnes in our team and not having him that kind of immediate effect. While Barnes has a more direct with pace playing style what we need on the right is a trickster with pace 'but' has end product meaning can pass and score. Those kinds of players are hard to come by and expensive. Finding a rough diamond is even harder. Replacing Mahrez has proven to be extremely difficult but I don't think its impossible (it just won't be another mahrez 2.0). I have faith in our scouts they will come good eventually. They know this position is the holy grail so when they nail it we should congratulate them no end.

Rodgers on more incomings: “You would like to, but it’s going to be on the availability and whether they are affordable. We signed good players early in the window, but we would like to add.” 

“We’ll see what’s available and what we can afford. If you want to compete, the depth of your squad is important. The quality in depth is vital, especially if you are trying to be competitive in every competition. We want to keep developing the squad. We’re not in the same league in terms of being able to buy players at certain prices."

“We’ve also other players who have developed. By the end of the window, we will have what we have, I’m not going to moan about what we don’t have. We’ve got lots of talent and lots of motivated players. Chelsea and Manchester City have 22 high-level players in outfield players, so it’s difficult for us to have that. We’ll look to our young players. If we don’t get anybody, we’ll develop what we have here.”

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

'Some more players' sounds like they want two in.

What else do we need? A younger CB? No. 10 backup for Maddison? Left winger?

Are you taking the piss? lol He wants a CB and a RW... said it was so obvious he didn't even need to spell it out.

I've nibbled there haven't I... you can't have been being serious

Edited by AjcW

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Are you taking the piss? lol He wants a CB and a RW... said it was so obvious he didn't even need to spell it out.

I've nibbled there haven't I... you can't have been being serious

I'm in the right winger thread you clown! I know we want a right winger FFS

Hence why I said what else...

40 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

'Some more players' sounds like they want two in.

What else do we need? A younger CB? No. 10 backup for Maddison? Left winger?

Next Fofana I would imagine, could explain the reported interest in this guy - Takehiro Tomiyasu

• Like 1