Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Not a McNiels fan! Watched him today. Crap Burnley team albeit but his shot on goal was diagonally well wayward. Surprised he signed a contract last year.

....you get the impression unless he has an unbelievable season no one is going to pay the price to suit Burnley!!!

He is well and truly trapped and his only recourse would have been to run down his contract.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Not a McNiels fan! Watched him today. Crap Burnley team albeit but his shot on goal was diagonally well wayward. Surprised he signed a contract last year.

Really? That's the only thing you take from his game, a wayward shot?

Hard to please!

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

Yari Verschaeren from Anderlect should be the one who we go after, he will be top class in the next 2-3 years.

Can confirm this, he turned world class in my PES team the other year. The **** wouldn’t come back on loan the next season though so missed out on champions league success.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mohamed Daramy has started the season very well for Copenhagen, he was hyped up big time before the pandemic hit (still only 19 years old) and looms to be in for a big season. 

He’s  certainly not pulled the wool over your eyes, has he!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Really? That's the only thing you take from his game, a wayward shot?

Hard to please!

OK....he went forwards and backwards and forwards and backwards and forwards and backwards, still with the ️ at his feet.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Seeing Gray play well for Everton reminds me that in his last season he was actually a very useful impact sub.

Most of the time he was horrible for us but he looks good now.

46 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Seeing Gray play well for Everton reminds me that in his last season he was actually a very useful impact sub.

Most of the time he was horrible for us but he looks good now.

He looks better now because the shackles are off lol 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Mohamed Daramy has started the season very well for Copenhagen, he was hyped up big time before the pandemic hit (still only 19 years old) and looms to be in for a big season. 

Got a season ticket at Copenhagen, he’s probably their best player but don’t think he’d cut it in the PL at present. Few years maybe!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's on the verge of joining Club Brugge for around €13m I think.

• Sad 1

Imagine we had an ndidi or tielemans or ricardo level player on the rw, or a current level vardy, barnes, maddison, soyuncu on the rw, or even a luke thomas level player on the right. We would be genuinely competitive with the like of man city, liverpool, man united and chelsea for cl spots but i just dont see us not falling short again.

• Haha 1

We might well be after a winger but the closer we get to deadline day the more I fear we'll either miss out or get someone inferior to the level of player we need. 

It very much feels like any such signing will have to be a player out of favour or from a club that is absolutely desperate for money. Hopefully there's a target of ours that fits in to either of those categories.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We might well be after a winger but the closer we get to deadline day the more I fear we'll either miss out or get someone inferior to the level of player we need. 

It very much feels like any such signing will have to be a player out of favour or from a club that is absolutely desperate for money. Hopefully there's a target of ours that fits in to either of those categories.

Agree with this although Beradi having a 'knee injury' makes me hopeful.

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not so sure I get the feeling that we've been working on something for a while now but still haven't got it over the line. There was a glint in Brendan's eye (yes I am desperate) that suggested, to me anyway, that the club are working on a top right sided attacker.

Hopefully we can get it done but it might go to the wire. It might be that we have to shift a few players to free up the budget and that might include loaning people out as well as trying to sell and if we can do that it will start either a:

Domino effect,

Wheels in motion or

Chain reaction

See also:

Unstoppable force

Edited by Grebfromgrebland
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm not so sure I get the feeling that we've been working on something for a while now but still haven't got it over the line. There was a glint in Brendan's eye (yes I am desperate) that suggested, to me anyway, that the club are working on a top right sided attacker.

Hopefully we can get it done but it might go to the wire. It might be that we have to shift a few players to free up the budget and that might include loaning people out as well as trying to sell and if we can do that it will start either a:

Domino effect,

Wheels in motion or

Chain reaction

I hope so. I'd be fascinated to learn what we did last summer as we seemed to spend a lot of time chasing Trincao but in reality we made 1 or 2 bids as soon as the 19/20 season was over and then it was all a bit slow until out of nowhere we agreed a deal for Ünder but then changed the terms at the last minute.

Hopefully we have a clear plan as we can't afford to mess this up again. There's many injustices in this world but another season of Ayoze Perez is unthinkable.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope so. I'd be fascinated to learn what we did last summer as we seemed to spend a lot of time chasing Trincao but in reality we made 1 or 2 bids as soon as the 19/20 season was over and then it was all a bit slow until out of nowhere we agreed a deal for Ünder but then changed the terms at the last minute.

Hopefully we have a clear plan as we can't afford to mess this up again. There's many injustices in this world but another season of Ayoze Perez is unthinkable.

Although I recognize Perez's limitations, if he pops up with a couple of goals in the coming matches, the revisionists will be out in force.

We have two games before deadline day with a smaller squad than usual due to injuries.

Get those two games out the way and movement will start to happen in and out. It’s going to be a busy last few days of the window… doesn’t mean we’re not already working on the ins and outs deals but they won’t be formalised until we’ve got the games out of the way… wed be stupid to sell squad players until then. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

That is my worry. And when you consider how light we are in attack, you would have thought it would have been THE priority.

But in reality we don’t know, I believe Jason Bourne when he said it’s the club’s priority to get one in, but it’s an area we have got wrong so many times before, that I wonder if that explains why it’s taking time? 

• Like 2