Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We will not be signing a right winger.

And yet we are only a Barnes injury away from disaster. We can't play 3 at the back, we've not the personnel for it. Will have to throw Sowah or Maswanhise in this season. 

14 hours ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

I got a feeling we're gonna go in for Dwight Mcneil. Think it will be a cheaper and more realistic option. As much as I would love either, I just can't see us getting Berardi or Madueke. 

I really hope not. He plays on the left, Burnley won't sell cheap and he's really not that good. He does a decent job for Burnley, really can't see him being the level of quality we need to kick on and break the top 4. 

Just now, Happy Fox said:

We will bring in a winger on loan I reckon, and use the remaining transfer kitty for another CB

They'll need to be have been 20 or younger on the 1st January 2021 otherwise we'll struggle to name them in the 25 man squad, likewise the inevitable new CB.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They'll need to be have been 20 or younger on the 1st January 2021 otherwise we'll struggle to name them in the 25 man squad, likewise the inevitable new CB.

Is Ben Nelson available? Worst case scenario we have to promote a Under 23?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Is Ben Nelson available? Worst case scenario we have to promote a Under 23?

No he's injured. This isn't a joke either.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

What will happen is, we will make an odd £20m bid for someone like El Ghazi that will be rejected, and we will all convince ourselves it’s a smokescreen for Noni, to then be left with Hamza leaving on loan and Perez being the main man in that position for the season. 

I cant see a Team ,formation/selection where we play  Barnes & an all out Right Winger, over a regular period.

I Never agreed with the Slant on most of this topic....( Probably belongs in unpopular opinions thread)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I Never agreed with the Slant on most of this topic....( Probably belongs in unpopular opinions thread)

Nah, "unpopular" no, it's an opinion I can share/see. I think there is a near obsession with a right winger, and I personally don't see the absolute need. I think BR likes his players to be a little more 'multi-dimensional' (if I can put it like that) as it gives him more options.

Barnes fits into a different category as he's come through the ranks and has a clear and obvious talent, so we rightly play him to his strengths. If we're getting the cheque book out though then I think there's an understandably broader remit. Someone that can play CB and right wing (ideally at the same time) would be nice roundabout now fr'instance ;) 

18 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

Nah, "unpopular" no, it's an opinion I can share/see. I think there is a near obsession with a right winger, and I personally don't see the absolute need. I think BR likes his players to be a little more 'multi-dimensional' (if I can put it like that) as it gives him more options.

Barnes fits into a different category as he's come through the ranks and has a clear and obvious talent, so we rightly play him to his strengths. If we're getting the cheque book out though then I think there's an understandably broader remit. Someone that can play CB and right wing (ideally at the same time) would be nice roundabout now fr'instance ;) 

So Perez?

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

David Neres still makes the most sense for me in the circumstances. Loan with obligation at €30m would do

I could see this. But only this.

I can’t see us buying a right winger. We’ve sold no one, bought three players, and in dire need of yet another centre half.

Besides, Perez is Brendon’s boy for Brendon’s favored tactic. Like it or not, it ain’t going anyway.

Edited by Foxxed

19 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I could see this. But only this.

I can’t see us buying a right winger. We’ve sold no one, bought three players, and in dire need of yet another centre half.

Besides, Perez is Brendon’s boy for Brendon’s favored tactic. Like it or not, it ain’t going anyway.

After the West Ham and Norwich games, we have an international break. The 'dire need' of another centre half will be eased when Vesterguard and Evans return at that point.

Right winger is a priority IMO. It would complete us.

Edited by scinnell
  • Like 1