Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

I've been a very regular lurker on this site for more than 13 yrs, but felt that I finally had to start posting to mention the player you've all missed.

He's only just turned 21

Has had 2 yrs experience of Prem league and is an International

Left footed - but can play on either side, up front

Valued at approx £30M

Rumoured his club might sell for the right price

Rumoured Arsenal, M.U., Spurs, L'pool and Juventus are interested in him.

Unfortunately, right now, he's recovering from a broken knee cap. Perhaps that's what's held us up - cos I think LCFC must be interested

I give you - PEDRO NETO.

PS I'm just an antique lestur person living in Portugal, but the first time I saw Neto play, I said to my other half, "we've got to get him". And I still believe that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, scinnell said:

After the West Ham and Norwich games, we have an international break. The 'dire need' of another centre half will be eased when Vesterguard and Evans return at that point.

Right winger is a priority IMO. It would complete us.

Do we know if either Vestergaard or Evans will be back that soon?

5 minutes ago, benfica said:

I've been a very regular lurker on this site for more than 13 yrs, but felt that I finally had to start posting to mention the player you've all missed.

He's only just turned 21

Has had 2 yrs experience of Prem league and is an International

Left footed - but can play on either side, up front

Valued at approx £30M

Rumoured his club might sell for the right price

Rumoured Arsenal, M.U., Spurs, L'pool and Juventus are interested in him.

Unfortunately, right now, he's recovering from a broken knee cap. Perhaps that's what's held us up - cos I think LCFC must be interested

I give you - PEDRO NETO.

PS I'm just an antique lestur person living in Portugal, but the first time I saw Neto play, I said to my other half, "we've got to get him". And I still believe that.

Not a chance Wolves would sell for less than £40-45m. Isn't he injured anyway?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Interesting that Percy released the news might mean he is back ITK? 

Percy didn't get this off the club.

In the last 4 years we have sold Mahrez (reluctantly), Gray and Ghezzal, Declined the option on Under and now it looks as if we are selling Sowah. WTF is it with us and wingers? surely we can find a decent one and hold onto them. Our recruitment in other areas has been brilliant recently but every window we come back to drooling and speculating over a whole host of names and yet just do  not seem to be ale to fill this right wing sized hole in our squad.

• Like 2

Percy had his source stopped at the club. The club were getting pissed off with the information being leaked so easily. Must admit for clubs like us that run with strict budgets it must be annoying, as it just helps other teams out if they’re going for the same target. 

Guest Kopfkino

Make no bones about it, not signing a RW would be a complete failure by the club. To be in a position where our ability to succeed is determined by Barnes being available isn’t good. I mean it didn’t work out but at least last year we did at least manage to sign someone to try to address it. Big week ahead for the success of the season.

That we haven’t managed to sign a decent winger since for 5 years if you include Gray or 7 years if you don’t, makes me chuckle every time the media and other fans bash one out about our recruitment.

30 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Berardi and Boga have both asked to leave Sassuolo according to their CEO. 

Have a feeling that Rodgers is pushing hard for Berardi. Think that Rodgers would rather someone with experience and opportunity for immediate impact. Much as I love Madueke he'll need time and I think Rodgers wants our attack hitting on all cylinders now.

Guest Kopfkino
1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Think a lot of it is to do with the fact that our transfer strategy is to look for value for money and wingers rarely represent that.

A good one is a rare commodity and you tend to have to pay through the nose to get one who’s going to make an impact for a side near the top of the Premier League. I mean, we still had to pay £12m for Ghezzal and £30m (possibly) for Perez. Equally, look at Everton spending £30m on Iwobi, £50m on Richarlison; West Ham spending £35m on Felipe Anderson. 

I think that’s where the hesitation comes from rather than a lack of want or trying. 

But yet we haven’t managed to get value for money on what we have done since Mahrez left. Everyone could see at the time 30m for Perez was ridiculous so that was never value for money and pretty much everyone said Ghezzal was shit and not worth even 12m.

Pointless looking for value for money if a)you consistently fail to get value for money and even most fans can see that upfront, then b) you leave yourself criminally short faffing around.

It’s a complete false economy, I think if we hadn’t been so reliant on Barnes to be able to play the way we want last season, we’d have CL football now. I won’t criticise them too much for last season because they tried to solve the problem, but clearly there was likely huge upside had be nailed it

Guest Kopfkino
8 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

I really don’t get why we bought Soumare, sure he might be a great player but was that really where we needed to spend 20m this summer?

Well we presumably bought him for more physicality as that’s what Brendan said he wanted. A game when we desperately need that and he’s not on the pitch

8 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

I really don’t get why we bought Soumare, sure he might be a great player but was that really where we needed to spend 20m this summer?

Ndidi away for Afcon, Tielmans although has played most matches if he got injured theres no cover Soumare is supposed to be cover for either, I have no problem with his signing, I thought at the start of the window we needed 6 signings we have 4, sadly the RW is the position that will actually strengthen our first 11 the most, an that's where the frustration lies, we still need another CB and a winger, if we get a winger i'm optimistic, if we don't sign anyone else, I do believe we should take our 7th-9th spot in the league and go all out, properly all out for the Europa, with one aim only and that is to win the competition.

Can’t help but think we’re going to pay this season for working a transfer window ahead. 

Whilst we had to sign Daka and Soumare now to stand a chance of getting them, we’ll likely not “need” them until next year when we lose Wilf/Youri and JV slows.

What we needed this year was a right winger and more defensive cover… but now we have no money so we’re scrambling around for another stop gap solution for the year. 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1