Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Can’t help but think we’re going to pay this season for working a transfer window ahead. 

Whilst we had to sign Daka and Soumare now to stand a chance of getting them, we’ll likely not “need” them until next year when we lose Wilf/Youri and JV slows.

What we needed this year was a right winger and more defensive cover… but now we have no money so we’re scrambling around for another stop gap solution for the year. 

Daka had to be signed, we'd have been off our rockers to go in to this season without signing another striker. He was a huge coup.

Soumare I've come round to appreciating his signing for a very modest fee, but if it came down to not being able to get him but be able to get a quality right winger then that's a no brainer.

Our hideous injuries to defenders for the last 17 months is staggering, we can't keep buying more and more of them and then expect us to still progress the rest of the squad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Daka had to be signed, we'd have been off our rockers to go in to this season without signing another striker. He was a huge coup.

I agree Ric but how do we keep all three happy this season? 

Our tactic is left winger, right winger, striker, general feeling is you need two of each and if you’re dreadfully unlucky with injuries at the same time you hopefully have a utility type player who can fill in. 

We currently have 1 left winger and 1 right winger (ish) with a back up In Sharky who is back up for both sides… and we have 3 strikers.

The balance is well off unless we’re going to suddenly predominantly go 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 this season! 

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Our tactic is left winger, right winger, striker, general feeling is you need two of each and if you’re dreadfully unlucky with injuries at the same time you hopefully have a utility type player who can fill in. 

We currently have 1 left winger and 1 right winger (ish) with a back up In Sharky who is back up for both sides… and we have 3 strikers.

The balance is well off unless we’re going to suddenly predominantly go 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 this season! 

I don't know how you keep all 3 happy, I think Daka will possibly be happy to bide his time in the first season but we don't really have the players to go 3-5-2 so it's a diamond which then rules Barnes out and is not an easy system to perfect. 

The changes in refereeing regarding allowing more  physical play could blow all of Rodgers's tactics out of the water. I for one welcome it , overprotected tippy tappy football does my head in. He had better start to toughen up our approach or we could be in trouble. If we buy a winger make sure he is no lightweight.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't know how you keep all 3 happy, I think Daka will possibly be happy to bide his time in the first season but we don't really have the players to go 3-5-2 so it's a diamond which then rules Barnes out and is not an easy system to perfect. 

I'd like us to go 433 with;

Schmeichel 

Castagne/Evans/Soyuncu/Bertrand 

Soumare/Ndidi 

Tielemans 

RW*/Barnes

Vardy

I feel we need to try a double pivot to help the ball get from Schmeichel, through the defence and further forward, with tielemans either below or above their line. Our fullbacks will get forward regardless, pretty much how they did in the title winning season. We keep the wingers in the formation with 1 up top.

It looks like a diamond but with inverted wingers. If we need an attacking option further in the game then go to a 1 pivot and 2 up top. 

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The squad as currently constructed has mid-table all over it.  Too much redundancy and far too little overall creativity and width.  We depend totally on Barnes not to get hurt or our formational options disappear, and we depend on Maddison for something he seems to bring only about 1/3 of the time.  And it's clear Rodgers has no solutions for it.  Again, in a vacuum Daka and Soumare are good players, but to sign them at the expense of where the starting 11 desperately needed strengthening is baffling. 

Soumare is the one for me. I just don't understand why he was needed at all over a more creative wide player. Particularly with KDH looking to step up. Soumare could end up being a local legend..it's not about his ability. It's about what we need now. 

We needed another striker as back up/successor to Vardy. So Daka makes sense to me. 

These defensive injuries have literally ruined our season before it's even started. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, idoesthis said:

Being reported that Spurs are in for Traore, not sure why we’re not going for him… 

Because aside from running in a straight line very quickly.....hes shit.

5 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Soumare is the one for me. I just don't understand why he was needed at all over a more creative wide player. Particularly with KDH looking to step up. Soumare could end up being a local legend..it's not about his ability. It's about what we need now. 

We needed another striker as back up/successor to Vardy. So Daka makes sense to me. 

These defensive injuries have literally ruined our season before it's even started. 

They've given Rodgers a good excuse, I'll say that much.

I do agree that Daka is easier to justify than Soumare.  I like him - he's a very solid MF.  But where was he supposed to fit with Tielemans and Ndidi undroppable for Rodgers?  We had clear, gaping needs out wide - and depth was a bigger concern at CB than defensive MF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I do agree that Daka is easier to justify than Soumare.  I like him - he's a very solid MF.  But where was he supposed to fit with Tielemans and Ndidi undroppable for Rodgers?  We had clear, gaping needs out wide - and depth was a bigger concern at CB than defensive MF.

It’s a case of future planning. Like we did with cags and benkovic when maguire was going to leave I’d guess.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Soumare and Ndidi as the two holding midfielders, with soumare going forward more due his good passing range, then Tielemans play him in Cam, maddison the player that should be on the bench 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
33 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Absolutely mind boggling if we make no attempt to address this. Under didn't work out but clearly knew we needed a RW then. Nothing has changed since then.

We have. We are. Assuming we'll try again.

12 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Soumare and Ndidi as the two holding midfielders, with soumare going forward more due his good passing range, then Tielemans play him in Cam, maddison the player that should be on the bench 

Sounds so simple only issue being the fact that whenever we’ve pushed Youri further up the park he’s been woeful

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Based on my calculations the only way we get anyone in now is if Choudhury or Praet move....or Mendy?

25 man squad currently would be as follows:

Gks: KS, DW, EJ

FBs: JJ, TC, RP, RB (LT UNDER 21)

CBs: CS, JE, JV, DA, (WF under 21 and injured)

CMs: WN, BS, YT, KDH, JM, DP, HC, NM.

WINGERs: HB, MA, AP

Strikers: JV, PD, KI

Unless we get Madueke but it's going to need to be one in one out regardless.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Based on my calculations the only way we get anyone in now is if Choudhury or Praet move....or Mendy?

We've probably got to name Benkovic unless we sign someone like Chris Richards who then wouldn't need to be named? 

I can't see us getting a winger, the chances of an under 21 winger being available on loan that would be of the required standard and better than Sowah is remote. 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've probably got to name Benkovic unless we sign someone like Chris Richards who then wouldn't need to be named? 

I can't see us getting a winger, the chances of an under 21 winger being available on loan that would be of the required standard and better than Sowah is remote. 

Unless we go for potential and not quite as costly someone like Brennan Johnson.

13 hours ago, AjcW said:

We are going to play 38 league games and 9 cup games so there will be lots of game time for all 3.

We are unbalanced, just have to hope we get at least one wide player in before the 31st.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think one of the 3 you mentioned has to leave.

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd be interesting, but is he any better than Kamal Sowah at this point?

Yeah I don’t know. But just a name I’d was throwing out there. Not sure if there are any other young wingers already in the uk and would be U21