Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

Just now, filbertway said:

Scenes when we agree to pay Arsenal half of Willian's wages to take him on loan because Rodgers believes he can get a tune out of him.

to be fair he had his 1 good game for Arsenal against us last season :D

I think if we had more CBs fit we'd be playing 3 at the back, same as we finished against Wolves. 3-4-2-1, meaning less reliance on wingers, with the wingbacks creating the width. Would allow Ndidi, Youri and Soumare to start in the middle, with Maddison/Barnes/Ian to be in the free role behind Vardy.

30 minutes ago, He's_Magic said:

I think if we had more CBs fit we'd be playing 3 at the back, same as we finished against Wolves. 3-4-2-1, meaning less reliance on wingers, with the wingbacks creating the width. Would allow Ndidi, Youri and Soumare to start in the middle, with Maddison/Barnes/Ian to be in the free role behind Vardy.

Jesus that sounds awful, so you're probably right

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TommyK said:

Soumare is the one for me. I just don't understand why he was needed at all over a more creative wide player. Particularly with KDH looking to step up. Soumare could end up being a local legend..it's not about his ability. It's about what we need now. 

We needed another striker as back up/successor to Vardy. So Daka makes sense to me. 

These defensive injuries have literally ruined our season before it's even started. 

....we are week in the middle of the park!!!

We have played West Ham too early in the season and Soumare is not yet up to speed with the pace of the Premier!!!

This would have been the game to play him in if Soumare was up to speed. KDH playing instead of and in Perez's position would be a good move, as he would tuck in and allow Ricardo to come forward but that is a cheap fix for a genuine wide player but Rodgers sees no problem with that.

• Like 1

Our formation depends on our wingers. If we play a high line 3 at the back with wing backs then it's difficult for us to have inverted wingers that will be expected to play down the lines. 

If we play 4 at the back we have an immense amount of pace on the wings that fires our midfield and strikers up the pitch very quickly and allows us the space to play centrally.

Aside from perez we've had the luxury of Castagne/RP/JJ as quick and aggressive players. JJ and Castagne can swap flanks too. I think we've lacked confidence between our fullbacks and CB's too, maybe because of injuries but most certainly because of change. Confidence is key between the back line and flanks particularly the fullback linking the flanks with defence. We must get a RW in. Its imperative to give the team the balance and options for players to switch the ball from side to side knowing that someone will chase the ball to get it. 

Give it to Xmas and hopefully our injuries plus JJ and fofana in the new year will settle us down. In the meantime I'd prefer a 433 to give us stability against the top teams, with a back 3 otherwise.

4 hours ago, TommyK said:

Soumare is the one for me. I just don't understand why he was needed at all over a more creative wide player. Particularly with KDH looking to step up. Soumare could end up being a local legend..it's not about his ability. It's about what we need now. 

We needed another striker as back up/successor to Vardy. So Daka makes sense to me. 

These defensive injuries have literally ruined our season before it's even started. 

The reason we failed to achieve a top 4 position last season was that our midfield was sometimes easily bullied (villa/Newcastle/West Ham). 

Ndidi was our only defensively minded player last night (played poorly).  When you consider it was a ‘makeshift’ back 4, playing Youri, Barnes, Maddison, Ricardo and Perez away from home (against an aggressive counter attacking team) was ambitious!!!!!

I think it's fairly obvious as to why we brought in Soumaré. 

We were in a horrible position last season injury wise which meant we played Youri pretty much every minute of every game and it's a damn miracle he didn't get injured at some point. And when it came to the UEL group stages and early FA Cup games we couldn't just rely on Hamza and Papy to get the job done in the middle most of the times so we ended up subbing either of Youri or Wilf on at some point.

We need this kind of quality depth to be able to compete in all the competitions this season. Europe nearly wrecked us last season and I think we did well to bring in Soumaré and promote Kiki to the first team.

Just now, eddylcfc said:

Well known that Man City are open to letting Bernardo Silva go - could be a pipe dream but would love him here - such a fantastic technician.

He would be phenomenal. Basically Brendan Rodgers' perfect player.

But there's absolutely no chance. He's a million miles too good for us.

1 minute ago, eddylcfc said:

Well known that Man City are open to letting Bernardo Silva go - could be a pipe dream but would love him here - such a fantastic technician.

Was about to say the exact same thing. Way more reasons it won't happen than reasons it will, but I'd love us to at least try, even if it's an expensive loan.

24 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He would be phenomenal. Basically Brendan Rodgers' perfect player.

But there's absolutely no chance. He's a million miles too good for us.

Disagree that he’s too good for us… just  way too expensive I imagine

• Like 1

Just now, eddylcfc said:

Disagree that he’s too good for us… just  way too expensive I imagine

There's absolutely no way he drops down to our level. He will go to a club that is always in the Champions League.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lyon have just signed Shaqiri and have enquired about David Neres. Outrageous loan with option/obligation for Cherki or Paqueta?

Pretty sure Cherki is one of those the Lyon Sporting Director was willing to sell after a crap performance last week, bit more of a 10 than a winger but the kind of player if you can get you do it

Only just turned 18 as well so if here long enough could also become classed as home grown - helps with registration and would mean increased sale fee in the future

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

I was really surprised we didn't go in for Ismaila Sarr at £35m. Would be the perfect signing IMO. No way we would get him now with a week left of the window, I love BR but I can't help but notice when he does make rare errors, they tend to be blindingly obvious to everyone except him? Really hope he atleast attempts to get someone in even on loan, we simply cannot attempt to go through this season + Europa with just Barnes, Perez and Albrighton. 
I can see us ending up with some sort of injury and having to play Castagne/Ricardo on the wing at this rate.

16 minutes ago, enmac said:

bx8TuAIT_reasonably_small.jpg

Police cars revolving lightTuesday’s #NFFC news Money bag20y/o Brennan Johnson is valued at around £10m and Brentford are believed to be preparing another bid, to try tempt Forest into a sale.

....Brentford continually develops talented players and sell on for good profit!!!

We need to take a look at what they are doing and get involved in who they are scouting.

• Like 1