Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure Cherki is one of those the Lyon Sporting Director was willing to sell after a crap performance last week, bit more of a 10 than a winger but the kind of player if you can get you do it

Only just turned 18 as well so if here long enough could also become classed as home grown - helps with registration and would mean increased sale fee in the future

I saw somewhere that he could leave for as little as £10m. Would be an outrageous signing 

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Always been a few rumours about Ikone. Faivre available too.

I'd love Thuram here, even though he's more of a forward who plays on the left as opposed a winger or one that plays on the right. Ikone is a strange one, massively rated and been given caps for France but his record in Ligue 1 is pretty crap. 

Faivre would be my choice over Ikone but at the risk of repeating myself, Ludovic Blas is the one. I swear I read he had a €15m euros release clause as well. 

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I watched Monchengladbach vs Munich and thuram reminded me of Traore so much. All pace and power and absolutely no composure haha

He's seemingly got worse in front of goal the last half a season or so, prior to that he had been beastly.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd love Thuram here, even though he's more of a forward who plays on the left as opposed a winger or one that plays on the right. Ikone is a strange one, massively rated and been given caps for France but his record in Ligue 1 is pretty crap. 

Faivre would be my choice over Ikone but at the risk of repeating myself, Ludovic Blas is the one. I swear I read he had a €15m euros release clause as well. 

Sorry missed the original mention about Ludovic Blas, whats the low down scout report here Ric? 

10 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Sorry missed the original mention about Ludovic Blas, whats the low down scout report here Ric? 

One of the best goalscoring midfielders in France. Plays RW or behind the strikers equally as well which is rare. He's quick, has similar trickery to Mahrez and ghosts in at the back post like Riyad used to do for us. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

One of the best goalscoring midfielders in France. Plays RW or behind the strikers equally as well which is rare. He's quick, has similar trickery to Mahrez and ghosts in at the back post like Riyad used to do for us. 

Thanks, Rik. From your description he looks perfect for us, and even more so if the low release clause is correct.  And yet, not only have we not stepped in smartish, but as far as I can remember there hasn't been a single strong rumour or link with us.   Can you make a guess why this should be?

52 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Thanks, Rik. From your description he looks perfect for us, and even more so if the low release clause is correct.  And yet, not only have we not stepped in smartish, but as far as I can remember there hasn't been a single strong rumour or link with us.   Can you make a guess why this should be?

My guess would be that I'm a better and more conscientious winger researcher than those who work for our club!

• Haha 1

Is one winger enough though? i know just getting one in would be fantastic, and we shouldn't be greedy. But!! as we've seen with the defence, one injury to this new winger and the squad is back to where it is now! surely two would be the ideal situation. a permanent signing and a loan maybe. we've just signed vestergaard and he's now out, and we are back to where we were defence wise before he signed. 

4 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

Is one winger enough though? i know just getting one in would be fantastic, and we shouldn't be greedy. But!! as we've seen with the defence, one injury to this new winger and the squad is back to where it is now! surely two would be the ideal situation. a permanent signing and a loan maybe. we've just signed vestergaard and he's now out, and we are back to where we were defence wise before he signed. 

We need two - 100%.

we can’t go with just Barnes and whoever we bring in on the right. 

15 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Would love amine harit. Have sung his praise for months can play anywhere across the front three. Still at schalke. Don't know how. Not as a first choice rw but rather as an inbetween option 

It's a good shout!

• Like 1

Whilst Under didn't contribute much last season for one reason or another he's gone and hasn't been replaced unless you consider that having a fit Ricardo helps our options on that (right) side. Clearly the club / Brendan felt we needed someone when they bought Under in and let Ghezal (initially out on loan) then Gray go, I'm sure they have a shortlist and are trying, hopefully the emergency Vestergaard signing hasn't derailed the plans completely. Having said all of that, being one player short I would willingly sacrifice Perez (not literally you understand) for a Marquee signing, someone who is going to be a goal threat and a nuisance to the opposition every time he steps out on the pitch rather than Ayoze "Float like a butterfly, sting like a ....butterfly" Perez. Problem is, if it's within the PL, who would take him, 6-7 clubs at the top end don't need him, those towards the bottom can't afford him. But his fee and salary would be able to go towards getting someone who plays on the same wavelength as the others, it really is the missing piece in the jigsaw.

We don't always play wingers though, when we play 3 CB's and 2 up top and use wing backs so maybe Barnes, Albrighton + Marquee blockbuster super signing would be enough.

25 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Would love amine harit. Have sung his praise for months can play anywhere across the front three. Still at schalke. Don't know how. Not as a first choice rw but rather as an inbetween option 

He and Kabak both must leave Schalke before the window closes. The other they simply had to sell was Mascarell I think, and they shipped him to Elche in Spain.

Edited by FoxesWalk

50 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Whilst Under didn't contribute much last season for one reason or another he's gone and hasn't been replaced unless you consider that having a fit Ricardo helps our options on that (right) side. Clearly the club / Brendan felt we needed someone when they bought Under in and let Ghezal (initially out on loan) then Gray go, I'm sure they have a shortlist and are trying, hopefully the emergency Vestergaard signing hasn't derailed the plans completely. Having said all of that, being one player short I would willingly sacrifice Perez (not literally you understand) for a Marquee signing, someone who is going to be a goal threat and a nuisance to the opposition every time he steps out on the pitch rather than Ayoze "Float like a butterfly, sting like a ....butterfly" Perez. Problem is, if it's within the PL, who would take him, 6-7 clubs at the top end don't need him, those towards the bottom can't afford him. But his fee and salary would be able to go towards getting someone who plays on the same wavelength as the others, it really is the missing piece in the jigsaw.

We don't always play wingers though, when we play 3 CB's and 2 up top and use wing backs so maybe Barnes, Albrighton + Marquee blockbuster super signing would be enough.

Ünder also had a big contribution in the group stages in the EL. Perez back then was considerably down the pecking order, I'm genuinely concerned how we'll successfully compete in 4 competitions with just Perez and Albrighton on the right and absolutely no cover for Barnes. Surely we've learnt from his injury last season that he needs to be managed. We don't have enough defenders for 3-4-1-2 to work successfully either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ünder also had a big contribution in the group stages in the EL. Perez back then was considerably down the pecking order, I'm genuinely concerned how we'll successfully compete in 4 competitions with just Perez and Albrighton on the right and absolutely no cover for Barnes. Surely we've learnt from his injury last season that he needs to be managed. We don't have enough defenders for 3-4-1-2 to work successfully either.

I'm not sure it works even if we have enough CB's, wing backs have to be more like wingers in that they can take players on, otherwise they are limited to passing sideways when the opposition suss out they're not going past them.

• Like 1