Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Equally there are four players we have that I'd play right wing ahead of perez.

Iheanacho, Praet, Ricardo and Albrighton.

Around €18m (~£15m) for Neres, and nobody seems really interested (probably because he is a willy puller) could go to a “2nd zone club” whatever that means. Presumably a EL side or a club who won’t challenge for their league title. Lyon seem the only club linked. 

He is reportedly after €300k/month (£60k/week) 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I swear for about the last four transfer windows Rodgers had specifically talked about needing more creative players and more goals…. And yet we just seem to pump money on midfielders and defenders more than anything else. 

It is weird.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I swear for about the last four transfer windows Rodgers had specifically talked about needing more creative players and more goals…. And yet we just seem to pump money on midfielders and defenders more than anything else. 

I’m starting to wonder if Rodgers is actually tied up in Tony Pulis’s basement…. And our manager is in fact my Pulis wearing a Brendan mask………

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And seemingly moved the goalposts about wanting goals and assists from his wingers when he talks glowingly about what Ayoze Perez does for us. I want bodies taken for this, its disgusting.

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I mean Soumaré is one hell of a creative player

11 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I mean Soumaré is one hell of a creative player

He's not an attacking midfielder though or a winger, which this threads about. We haven't seen enough to judge how he fits into our system just yet too.

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This. Feeling so frustrated by our apparent failure to bring in a quality RW option. If Barnes gets injured we will have arguably the worst wide options in the division. And we won't be able to cover for it by playing 352 as nearly all of our centre backs are injured. What a mess.

If we sell Sowah and don't sign another winger I am so confused by our transfer policy when it comes to wide players.

Do we...just not like them?! When was the last time we signed a first team regular for one of the wings...? Gray...? Albrighton...?

I refuse to count Ghezzal as a a 'first team regular', for obvious reasons.

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don't think it helped that for the last 2 windows we've had a bit of an injury crisis in one of those positions...

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Problem is 3 of those windows have been during COVID (I assume you are counting Winter windows), which has had an impact on spending across the board.

Our resource have just had to be diverted elsewhere due to injuries, long term replacement for ageing squad members, I'd say the only luxury signing we have made is Soumare. We just don't have the money to cover all our needs no matter what 90% of Foxestalk think we are loaded.

Castange (Injury cover for Riccardo) 

Fofana (Morgan Replacement)

Daka (Vardy long term replacement)

Soumare

Vestergaard (Injury cover for Fofana)

Bertrand (Fuchs Replacement)

I'm sure BR would love more attacking options 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I just can't for the life of me understand why we didn't go back in for Trincao. We were seemingly desperate for him last year and could've had him on loan this year. :dunno:

With he agent being who he is, when he came to England, Wolves were always going to be in pole position. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Not sure what will happen but if Hudson-Odoi is available I really think we could do worse. Would obviously have loved Madueke or Stengs, but at this point a loan with option would be good. Its a glaring issue but our window has been good. Shame that so has most of the other clubs around us

16 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

I am a little worried about what the plan is, don’t have the CBs to play 3 at the back, don’t have the wingers to play 4231. What is happening? Praying they have something up their sleeves.

Apparently is Ayoze Perez……..

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Not sure what will happen but if Hudson-Odoi is available I really think we could do worse. Would obviously have loved Madueke or Stengs, but at this point a loan with option would be good. Its a glaring issue but our window has been good. Shame that so has most of the other clubs around us

CHO is a heavily right footed left winger, but maybe it could be an option, if Chelsea fancy doing us a favour