Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

Have been amazed that we haven’t started Nacho after the fantastic season he had. He was our shining light and deserves to start in front of any of our attacking players imo.

when I’m possession, he always thinks forwards and as well as linking midfield to attack has plenty of goals in him.

must start v Norwich for me..

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Soumare isn’t a replacement for Tieleman’s. He’s a completely different player. Neither is he really a replacement for Ndidi.

So I guess that makes him a replacement for Praet a player who has been unable to break in to our team as he doesn’t fit our system lol 

15 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Have been amazed that we haven’t started Nacho after the fantastic season he had. He was our shining light and deserves to start in front of any of our attacking players imo.

when I’m possession, he always thinks forwards and as well as linking midfield to attack has plenty of goals in him.

must start v Norwich for me..

Probably because he doesn't suit our preferred system, it's a conundrum. I think he has to play at the minute whilst we've several players off form, I'd try the diamond or see if he can play behind Vardy or Daka in a 4-4-1-1.

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

We need goals. We need two strikers on the pitch. We can't labour this system for the sake of Barnes, who I love BTW. 

Barnes scored 9 goals and 4 assists in the EPL last season in an injury hit season. Would have probably been close to 15 goals and 6-7 assists.

Not many 2nd strikers score more than 15 goals in a season.

3 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

So I guess that makes him a replacement for Praet a player who has been unable to break in to our team as he doesn’t fit our system lol 

He is indeed a bigger, supposedly stronger and less experienced version of Praet. However he is probably more compliant and will accept his role in the squad.

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

Barnes scored 9 goals and 4 assists in the EPL last season in an injury hit season. Would have probably been close to 15 goals and 6-7 assists.

Not many 2nd strikers score more than 15 goals in a season.

And when you add in Maddisons goals and assists the combined figures for those 2 and Vardy over a 2-3 month period were excellent but equally as important was our defensive record over that period too.

Iheanacho was a machine for us in that final 3rd of the season but Maddison when he came back as he was in other times in a 3-4-1-2 was non existent at providing goals and Perez in his supposed favoured position was just as bad. Vardy was a good creator for the team but overall there was little spread and we were a shambles at the back.

It is looking like we either are a) negotiating for someone that nobody even thinks is for sale, b) still in strong for Beradi and ironing out details, c) not actually looking for a winger at all or d) have been rejected/missed out o other targets (Madueki, Bailly etc)

I am actually beginning to think that we are not actively seeking another winger and BR intends to utilise Ricardo or Albrighton or simply switch to a different system (433?) with a perm any from  Barnes/Vardy/Nacho/Daka/Madders as the front three

Maybe BR should swap to a Fart Leg running style training regime instead of so much intense sessions. Maybe they aren't helping injurys and causing a lack of aggression in matches. 

I'm sure it'd blow everyone away.

There is something a bit smelly about us at the moment. Can’t put my finger on it, but it all seems a bit flat. Rodgers is saying odd things in his interviews for example the whole Bertrand having covid that isn’t infectious? What on Earth is that? And the situation with Vestergaard.

Not that anything has come out, but Brendan seems a little more aggy than usual, ever since the charity shield he has been a bit short with his answers in interview. 

I wonder if there’s been a bit of a butting of heads re transfers or something. But all of a sudden things seem to be looking a bit bleak when they were looking so promising. 

Edited by Pliskin

In one day, Madueke signs a new contract, then I have the fanciful idea that we could make a cheeky loan bid for Gabriel Jesus if Kane rocks up at Man City (given how well Jesus played on the right at the weekend and how he supposedly would rather be a winger than a CF), but then Kane announces he's staying at Spurs so my Madueke rebound lasted all of five minutes.

Now I feel like a newly single bloke who's been comfortable and let himself go for years. There are so many options out there but nobody's interested.

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

There is something a bit smelly about us at the moment. Can’t put my finger on it, but it all seems a bit flat. Rodgers is saying odd things in his interviews for example the whole Bertrand having covid that isn’t infectious? What on Earth is that? And the situation with Vestergaard.

Not that anything has come out, but Brendan seems a little more aggy than usual, every since the charity shield he has been a bit short with his answers in interview. 

I wonder if there’s been a bit of a butting of heads re transfers or something. But all of a sudden things seem to be looking a bit bleak when they were looking so promising. 

This will be his first fall out with the club if we don't get a winger in. He turned down Spurs because of assurances this summer and I can't see how they've been fulfilled regardless of Fofana's injury as the money we get for Sowah is only a few million less than what we've chuffed up for Vestergaard. 

If I'm right then you'll start to see Rodgers gobbing off in the press, he did it at Liverpool and Celtic.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This will be his first fall out with the club if we don't get a winger in. He turned down Spurs because of assurances this summer and I can't see how they've been fulfilled regardless of Fofana's injury as the money we get for Sowah is only a few million less than what we've chuffed up for Vestergaard. 

If I'm right then you'll start to see Rodgers gobbing off in the press, he did it at Liverpool and Celtic.

I guess it depends- on whether the reason we haven’t signed a winger is down to lack of scouted realistic targets, or the money to buy them.

If Top is stood with his cheque book open, but there’s no suitable purchase BR only has his own man to blame and therefor has to accept the situation?

• Like 1

I think the only Championship winger I have seen something about is Johnson of late.   It is surprising that there are not more names from the Championship.  I know a few have moved recently:. Bowen and Benrahma spring to mind.

There must be potential somewhere. These shores too.   Even in League's 1 and 2.

Any thoughts @Ric Flair

Dear People of FT,

I write with the sad news that we, the mighty foxes, a Premier World class football club, do not have a right winger.

Having wracked my brains for an answer i have become increasingly certain that Perez is so worried about his starting place that he is prostituting himself in the Seagrave saunas in leui of a starting position on the match day squad. 

The news of the world has now reported that Perez was "playing the manager" to further consolidate his position in the first team, thus heavily shafting BR from behind and the opposition on his front. 

It has further been reported that Perez demanded being a no.2 for the RW role as well, however, once BR found out about the dirty Spanish players tactics, he took Perez to the Seagrave golf course and gave him a hole in one. Consequently, Perez has been a good little boy. 

This major news story comes only days before the transfer window closes and it is unlikely that BR will will sign his right winger and it has been reported DOF John Rudkin has offered his right hand to BR in order to massage the transfer maket and secure the signing of a star player using his stiff pen. 

More news to come on this story...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You’re right… It just seems ever since the charity shield he has had a chip on his shoulder. Not his usual optimistic self but more short tempered and not really elaborating on his answers.

I think you’re right though, we all know how Rodgers likes to play his football, with expansive attacking players, particularly up front, and if we can’t get anymore players in, with the managerial situation at Arsenal not being good, I wouldn’t fall off my chair if they came knocking and he jumps ship.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Not that anything has come out, but Brendan seems a little more aggy than usual, every since the charity shield he has been a bit short with his answers in interview. 

I think you're reading too much into this.. 

Of course, he's going to be annoyed about the injuries, especially after the previous season, and he's got a record of being quite short when asked about players missing. 

He's not exactly going to be happy and gregarious after a horrible performance either. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1