Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

40 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

There is something a bit smelly about us at the moment. Can’t put my finger on it, but it all seems a bit flat. Rodgers is saying odd things in his interviews for example the whole Bertrand having covid that isn’t infectious? What on Earth is that? And the situation with Vestergaard.

Not that anything has come out, but Brendan seems a little more aggy than usual, every since the charity shield he has been a bit short with his answers in interview. 

I wonder if there’s been a bit of a butting of heads re transfers or something. But all of a sudden things seem to be looking a bit bleak when they were looking so promising. 

I've read that a few times and can only assume he meant they caught him having it early with consistent tests so it didn't spread to any one else rather than not contagious and just phrased it wierd

60 pages of people begging for a player who plays in a position that Rodgers doesn't use. 

You do realise he doesn't want width out on the right, he likes us to be narrow on that side. Has he ever used an out and out right winger there? We've basically sold every naturally right sided midfielder we've had, we didn't play a wide player we had on loan and we have signed copious amounts on central midfielders despite already have 38 of them. 

Get used to this shitty congested system with little width. 

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

60 pages of people begging for a player who plays in a position that Rodgers doesn't use. 

You do realise he doesn't want width out on the right, he likes us to be narrow on that side. Has he ever used an out and out right winger there? We've basically sold every naturally right sided midfielder we've had, we didn't play a wide player we had on loan and we have signed copious amounts on central midfielders despite already have 38 of them. 

Get used to this shitty congested system with little width. 

He's literally just green lighted Albrighton being given a new three-year contract? WTF are you on about?

'Wide player', 'winger', 'inside forward' - whatever you call it and whatever role they play, football teams are usually shite unless there is a player in front of the full-back - look at our lack of passing options playing a narrow 3-4-1-2 last season.

There are narrow options available on the market if he wants someone that does Perez's job but better. The simple fact is that Perez is not good enough to do even the job that Rodgers wants him to do on a consistent basis, whatever that is.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This will be his first fall out with the club if we don't get a winger in. He turned down Spurs because of assurances this summer and I can't see how they've been fulfilled regardless of Fofana's injury as the money we get for Sowah is only a few million less than what we've chuffed up for Vestergaard. 

If I'm right then you'll start to see Rodgers gobbing off in the press, he did it at Liverpool and Celtic.

Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see him

at Arsenal by the end of the season. On paper it’s the perfect time to go into that club for a manager, they can’t do any worse than Arteta and the fans are waiting for the upturn in form. Despite what people say about their current state, Arsenal are a massive club and have money (more money than we do for sure), they have some excellent young players and I could see Brendan getting to the point where he thinks he’s gone as a far as he can here with the financial ceiling that we have. Numerous posters, including yourself have said it but something definitely doesn’t seem right with him at the moment. 

• Like 1

It is fairly obvious that Rodgers does not worship at the alter of Riyad Mahrez , neither does Guardiola for that matter. Why should he! He has probably rarely met him. Its time to move on. We have three fast mobile forwards in Vardy, Barnes and Daka who are quite capable of playing all the channels. The Liverpool front three turn up all over the park and we should do something similar. Rodgers likes versatility and I can't argue with that.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see him

at Arsenal by the end of the season. On paper it’s the perfect time to go into that club for a manager, they can’t do any worse than Arteta and the fans are waiting for the upturn in form. Despite what people say about their current state, Arsenal are a massive club and have money (more money than we do for sure), they have some excellent young players and I could see Brendan getting to the point where he thinks he’s gone as a far as he can here with the financial ceiling that we have. Numerous posters, including yourself have said it but something definitely doesn’t seem right with him at the moment. 

I’m definitely in agreement with you. It’s just the things he has been saying…

They don’t make much sense, it’s almost like something has ****ed him off…

But if he doesn’t get what he wants he will walk, the training ground and stadium are great, but they alone won’t get the club to where they want to go… I guess we will see as things unfold, but if we don’t get anyone else in, and Arsenals form doesn’t improve and they sack Arteta, I would be concerned. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Our net spend is right up there this year, I'm not sure Rodgers can quibble hes not been backed.

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It is fairly obvious that Rodgers does not worship at the alter of Riyad Mahrez , neither does Guardiola for that matter. Why should he! He has probably rarely met him. Its time to move on. We have three fast mobile forwards in Vardy, Barnes and Daka who are quite capable of playing all the channels. The Liverpool front three turn up all over the park and we should do something similar. Rodgers likes versatility and I can't argue with that.

For a minute there I thought you were comparing vardy (out of form) Barnes (coming back from injury) and Daka (unproven) to Liverpool’s world class front 3.

Just now, Babylon said:

I think you are reading way too much into things. The bloke has consistently said he loves it here and has always been very realistic in terms of what we can achieve and what comes with managing a club our size.

As for a right winger, I’m sure he and we all know a great right winger is the massively obvious area in need of an upgrade. But he’ll also understand the injuries we’ve had and the fact we’ve already pumped a huge amount of money. He’s been backed far more than most! It will have been his choice what the budget went on.

And whilst another winger would be grand, can we all just remember we’ve finished 5th twice and won the FA Cup without this star winger.

People need to chill a bit.

You’re right. I think it’s all context too. After getting served by West Ham it does taint things slightly. 

A better performance, win and proof we don’t need to rely on Perez against Norwich and all will be forgiven! 

• Like 1

I'd imagine the problem with Rodgers might be the fact he's not been able to pick his first choice XI in about 2 years lol 

Poor bloke is probably close to bringing in an exorcist!

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

For a minute there I thought you were comparing vardy (out of form) Barnes (coming back from injury) and Daka (unproven) to Liverpool’s world class front 3.

I am not comparing players, I don't do that , just their style of attack with no rigid positions.The advantage is the opposing defence often loses them.

24 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I cannot see Rodgers leaving for the likes of Arsenal but if the likes of Manchester City come calling he will be off.

....Man. City would not have him!!!

His last two seasons would have a big question mark against his name. Failing to qualify twice for Champions league in the manner which we saw how it unfolded, no way he goes there.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Man. City would not have him!!!

His last two seasons would have a big question mark against his name. Failing to qualify twice for Champions league in the manner which we saw how it unfolded, no way he goes there.

Exactly. No matter what you may think of him or high regard people hold Rodgers in, he’s nowhere near Man City level 😂 

Arsenal or Spurs would be best he can hope for 

Everyone panicking now Noni has signed a new contract is really misplaced imo. This talk about Rodgers being unhappy also seems to have not merit. Here's how I see it. I think we sign a right winger before the deadline and everyone will be happy. We know Rodgers likes his wingers and also like to have multiple players competing for positions. What has made me so confident of someone coming in is the case of Sowah. There's no way he would be leaving without someone coming in. It just seems too unlikely.