Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

I really wish we’d have put that £15m we used for vesty and used it for an attacking midfielder, our hesitancy is costing us, I’d rather have used benkovic who looked fine pre season and got rid of Perez, the guy makes Gray’s time with us look like an age of golden wingers.

3 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Why aren’t we in for Faivre? Literally fits the bill of what we’re looking for. Milan have made contact today apparently. 

Likely because we aren’t spending anymore money - which is a touch daft as failing to get in a decent RW will cost us probably more in prize money than buying Faivre or similar. I just don’t quite get it as our shortcomings are obvious. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Praet played in what's effectively the current Perez role, was fantastic, and we were much better for it.

Are you sure? Up until we moved to 3 at the back with the injuries to Ndidi and Soyuncu Praet started in the dual 8 role with Tielemans and Perez was in his usual spot on the right with Barnes on the left? Or was Perez in the 8 role? I'd be surprised if he was, Perez was crap anyway and quickly got chinned from the whole squad and told to buck his ideas up.

18 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Likely because we aren’t spending anymore money - which is a touch daft as failing to get in a decent RW will cost us probably more in prize money than buying Faivre or similar. I just don’t quite get it as our shortcomings are obvious. 

Or we’ve got better lined up?

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are you sure? Up until we moved to 3 at the back with the injuries to Ndidi and Soyuncu Praet started in the dual 8 role with Tielemans and Perez was in his usual spot on the right with Barnes on the left? Or was Perez in the 8 role? I'd be surprised if he was, Perez was crap anyway and quickly got chinned from the whole squad and told to buck his ideas up.

Absolutely 100%.  He was playing as an inverted RW, basically.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sell before we buy then - I do think this is to do with the squad size rather than money though

Tanner seemed to think otherwise when I asked him some questions in the Athetics Q&A on Monday night. He didn’t think we could afford a fee for the likes of Tomiyasu as it stands (eg. Around £15-20m). But it’s pretty obvious we should lose one of our fringe mids to get a new winger in unless they’re gonna be U21. Praet is probably the one. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Tbh I think Praet and Perez are both good options for that type of player that tucks in on the right. A more direct option is what we need, hopefully we get someone in like Brekalo or James on loan who can play on the right when we need that on that side and can be cover for Barnes when he needs a rest on the left. 

Brekalo on loan seems like one of the most likely options, and he can cover both sides. 

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Tbh I think Praet and Perez are both good options for that type of player that tucks in on the right. A more direct option is what we need, hopefully we get someone in like Brekalo or James on loan who can play on the right when we need that on that side and can be cover for Barnes when he needs a rest on the left. 

I don't know what more Perez has to do to prove he's 100% not a good option in that role.

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sell before we buy then - I do think this is to do with the squad size rather than money though

Teams who are interested in our wantaways will hold out to the last couple of days. We're the ones against it. We can't materialise another player til we shift them. If we do have RW in mind or likely then it also wil have to wait. Known for our VERY patient fans, this news will go down exactly as expected.

Edited by sphericalfox

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472y4jufy1fbdxkakw6x

Edited by Lambert09

Guest Chocolate Teapot
14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

And we've still got praet and hamza who despite wanting moves can't get one. Nothing to do with the collective 140k a week they are on which everyone refuses to believe at all.

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

....we played with two #8s with Praet alongside Youri, it worked!!!

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And we've still got praet and hamza who despite wanting moves can't get one. Nothing to do with the collective 140k a week they are on which everyone refuses to believe at all.

Their agents busted a gut to get them their deals and they are going to be advising them not to accept a penny less. Praet and Hamza would both get loans if we subsidize their wages. We have done that before so its up to the club.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, An Sionnach said:

Their agents busted a gut to get them their deals and they are going to be advising them not to accept a penny less. Praet and Hamza would both get loans if we subsidize their wages. We have done that before so its up to the club.

Which doesn't really fix the issue if we need money to buy.

21 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Tanner seemed to think otherwise when I asked him some questions in the Athetics Q&A on Monday night. He didn’t think we could afford a fee for the likes of Tomiyasu as it stands (eg. Around £15-20m). But it’s pretty obvious we should lose one of our fringe mids to get a new winger in unless they’re gonna be U21. Praet is probably the one. 

...isn't that the same thing the tweet from Jason Bourne was saying....!!!

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It has also been reported that he is available for €18m, and they are struggling to find a buyer, only Lyon shown any interest. I posted it a few days back. 

you can use twitters translate function for this thread:

Edited by FoxesWalk