Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

1 minute ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Not as underwhelming as signing nobody for that right side, I’d welcome Dan James 

I would too, but I don't think Man U. would do it.  Unlike Chelsea they may consider us a minor threat.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

has no end product though, does he? 

please convince me

Hes first twenty games for United were very good. I'd back Rodgers to get him back to that level.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I would too, but I don't think Man U. would do it.  Unlike Chelsea they may consider us a minor threat.

my thoughts have changed over us being loaned players by the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd recently as i really dont see them worrying about us or anything other than Liverpool Man City & Chelsea this season now. 

2 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

The way I’d look at it is, is Dan James a world beater? No, but playing a whole season is he likely to get more goals/assist than Perez? Yes

Pretty sure I could and I hung my boots up a long time ago.

26 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Because Soweh is not good enough...yet. He needs to play and not sit on the bench and we need the money. Rodgers is looking for the "complete player" or he might as well stick with Perez and Albrighton. Under was the attacking half of that player but without the engine to press. In a Rodgers team if you cant press you cant play as you become the weak link to our defending. Defending starts at the front not the back.

...very much a cop out if that is what he is actually thinking!!!

Players now put in a shift when playing, and pressing is not an abnormal facet of a wide player. If he is the one who is pushing the "complete player" mantra then he needs to step away from the process as we have managed to bring players in successfully (in other positions) but are unable to source a player, for a position we all agree that is essential.

The popular understanding is that he was heavily involved in the acquisition of  Perez, he needs to stay away from this part of the transfer process.

7 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

What did you expect 

better options out there, even on loan than Dan James, imo:

Brennan Johnson

Amad Diallo

or, think a little more creatively, in the market, and propose some swap deals/part exchange/loan swaps using Benkovic, Choudhury, and get a better quality player in such as;

Hagi from Rangers

or Tyshankov

or any international that doesn't spring to mind!!!

Basically, its not our job to scout! I hope for better. I want exciting links :D:frantics:

Edited by FoxinNotts

40 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Because Soweh is not good enough...yet. He needs to play and not sit on the bench and we need the money. Rodgers is looking for the "complete player" or he might as well stick with Perez and Albrighton. Under was the attacking half of that player but without the engine to press. In a Rodgers team if you cant press you cant play as you become the weak link to our defending. Defending starts at the front not the back.

Yes you can buy the complete player but you are looking at 30 to 40 million pounds. There is no such thing as a cheap finished article. I see no way that Rodgers will play two "wingers" now anyway at the same time . He just doesn't seem a believer in dedicated wide men.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Not really true. Harvey Barnes doesn't press. He's great going forward in possession, but when the opponent has the ball he basically just stands and watches.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

better options out there, even on loan than Dan James, imo:

Brennan Johnson

Amad Diallo

or, think a little more creatively, in the market, and propose some swap deals/part exchange/loan swaps using Benkovic, Choudhury, and get a better quality player in such as;

Hagi from Rangers

or Tyshankov

or any international that doesn't spring to mind!!!

Basically, its not our job to scout! I hope for better. I want exciting links :D:frantics:

It's too late for good winger now