Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Yes you can buy the complete player but you are looking at 30 to 40 million pounds. There is no such thing as a cheap finished article. I see no way that Rodgers will play two "wingers" now anyway at the same time . He just doesn't seem a believer in dedicated wide men.

You might be right. Victor Moses, James Forrest and Perez/Albrighton /Under are the only right wingers I remember him using. Forrest and Under being the only ones who could break lines and score. Forrest could do both but that's the Scottish league and he's 30.

I think Soumare is going to score a lot of goals by proxy this season. Think he's going to be the link that allows our attackers to all start scoring goals again. Someone in our midfield who has technical ability on the ball and physicality to break opposing clubs midfield lines. Someone who can push Tielemans or Maddison further up the pitch where they can do more damage. Watching our attack is like butting my head against the wall.

If we can find a way through the goals will come.

26 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Not really true. Harvey Barnes doesn't press. He's great going forward in possession, but when the opponent has the ball he basically just stands and watches.

You given me an assignment for tomorrow. Really hope he doesn't have to as the ball will be in Norwich's net. :D

32 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

better options out there, even on loan than Dan James, imo:

Brennan Johnson

Amad Diallo

or, think a little more creatively, in the market, and propose some swap deals/part exchange/loan swaps using Benkovic, Choudhury, and get a better quality player in such as;

Hagi from Rangers

or Tyshankov

or any international that doesn't spring to mind!!!

Basically, its not our job to scout! I hope for better. I want exciting links :D:frantics:

They are fanciful at best, no indication they would be better than Dan James, but they are perhaps more exciting

• Thanks 1

Do not see Dan James as the answer, predominantly left sided and apart from a good start has failed to impress or even hold down a regular place at Man Utd. Looked sharp at the euros but again could not help but think of Demarai Gray, could beat his man with pace but often into a blind alley and no end product. Whether BR thinks he can get him firing again is another matter. he would fit the profile of a player with something to prove.

Now being linked with Neres but have serious doubts about his character and whether he would be a good fit for our club. Again, maybe he could come here and settle down and make a serious name for himself.

In my heart, i am thinking this is all a massive smokescreen until we announce Berardi on deadline day, but my head is telling me that our business is done, or we are going to end up with someone uninspiring like James on a loan and come January we will all be singing the same song again with @Ric Flairconducting the chorus.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not Daka, but maybe Kel

Yes, Iheanacho could potentially do a job on the right side against weaker sides. He is more than capable at the link up with Ricardo, he can play at #10 very well when he drifts inside as Perez does, and his finishing/penalty box play is a significant upgrade on Ayozes form from last season. Not sure he is as tactically aware as Perez, and he isn’t as good at pressing, but he has all the other attributes and is more dangerous in front of goal. 

I can see it vs. bottom half sides. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Do not see Dan James as the answer, predominantly left sided and apart from a good start has failed to impress or even hold down a regular place at Man Utd. Looked sharp at the euros but again could not help but think of Demarai Gray, could beat his man with pace but often into a blind alley and no end product. Whether BR thinks he can get him firing again is another matter. he would fit the profile of a player with something to prove.

Now being linked with Neres but have serious doubts about his character and whether he would be a good fit for our club. Again, maybe he could come here and settle down and make a serious name for himself.

In my heart, i am thinking this is all a massive smokescreen until we announce Berardi on deadline day, but my head is telling me that our business is done, or we are going to end up with someone uninspiring like James on a loan and come January we will all be singing the same song again with @Ric Flairconducting the chorus.

Looks like it could be James, signing Ronaldo has all but scuppered his chances at MU

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

I'd rather not develop a rivals talent

Even if it comes at the detriment to our season..?

I can understand the logic up to a point and I am not advocating we necessarily take Diallo on loan.. but I’ve seen people posting this comment time and time again, when in reality if the option is either we bring in a player on loan that will benefit our team this season, or we bring in no one, I think it’s a pretty easy decision to make.

Edited by Muzzy_Izzn’t
  • Like 1

Who joked about it ending up being a championship player Brendan had work with in the past. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thecelticstar.com/manchester-city-to-give-ex-celt-patrick-roberts-a-free-transfer/amp/

“Roberts scored 18 goals in 79 appearances in Scotland and was very impressive under Brendan Rodgers in the Invincible season.”

Disclaimer I’m not suggesting him, just some on here said something about a championship player.