Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We aren't the traditional top 6 though?

No but as mentioned above since Rodgers took over we have won the same amount of games as Chelsea so have become direct rivals to them in terms of league position in that time. 

The big 6 is just a benchmark to see if historically they sell or loan their player to their direct league position rivals. I wasn't saying they definitely haven't I just don't remember an instance. 

10 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Was I arguing that they won't sell players to West ham then? There's a big difference in selling a fringe player at a hugely inflated fee to a side who's had one good season and loaning us Odoi.

Since Rodgers took over (a period spanning 4 season now) we have won exactly the same amount of leauge games as Chelsea! Exactly! And we just beat them in a major final. Of course Chelsea see us as direct competition and won't be loaning us their players any time soon. 

That's how it works mate. 

Chelsea don’t see us or West Ham as challengers, be serious. Anyway, would be more likely we could get Dan James now.  

It was supposedly our key position to fill even last season.. we have obviously had plenty of difficulty finding the right man.

not a chance we sign anyone now this late in the window.. disappointing in all honesty , especially as we have let Gray and Sowah go.

Just now, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Am I missing something regarding Neres not coming?  Mind you I think the ‘winger’ will be completely left field and nobody as yet reported.

There hasn’t been a serious link that he is coming tbf

3 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Am I missing something regarding Neres not coming?  Mind you I think the ‘winger’ will be completely left field and nobody as yet reported.

Have to sell more players before we can buy, until that happens we can't sign anymore unfortunately 

11 hours ago, Genesis1 said:

Under and Gray scored again today. Am I missing something. They have 5 goals between them so far in 2 games each and both looked pretty decent doing so.

Under was always offensively good, even if he was a bit too keen to impress leading to trigger happy shots that came to nothing. It was his defensive workrate and fitness levels that kept him out the team. So it's not surprising seeing him scoring in a slower paced league.

Gray's resurgence makes a lot of sense too, as he's being played in his more comfortable position of LW, which we didn't towards the end, as we had Barnes. Pair that with the fact that Gray trying to establish himself as a 1st team player has always been a incredible, and you've got his current form. I fully expect his form to plummet the moment he feels comfortable in the Everton squad, and when he starts to believe he's undroppable, although I hope I'm wrong, I do want to see him succeed. 

• Like 1

Interesting footnote in Romano's piece in the Guardian on West Ham's prospective purchase of Vlasic. Reports that Lingard is available for £25m, but Moyes thinks Vlasic, 5 years younger, represents better value.

I'd take Lingard, even at that price, if a sensible structure could be agreed. 

Interesting that Rodgers has not specified that we will be signing a winger but we know it will be an attacking midfielder. Makes we wonder about Lingard although United might not want to sell to us. If we could afford Damsgaard that would be even better but Liverpool may be in for him and the cost will be sky high.

1 minute ago, Edingleyfox said:

Interesting that Rodgers has not specified that we will be signing a winger but we know it will be an attacking midfielder. Makes we wonder about Lingard although United might not want to sell to us. If we could afford Damsgaard that would be even better but Liverpool may be in for him and the cost will be sky high.

Rodgers will have noted that two of our four goals came from attacks down the right and another was scored by our right winger. He perhaps is more concerned about the left side.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Rodgers will have noted that two of our four goals came from attacks down the right and another was scored by our right winger. He perhaps is more concerned about the left side.

Realistically though we aren't going to sign a starting level left winger when we have Barnes - even though he has been underwhelming these first few games he deserves the right to get back up to speed, and it would be silly to bring someone else in

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Released?! I thought he was quite highly rated... need to jump on that, would be a quality rotation player for the 10 role and cover on the wings

Bizarre! He was crap last season but he's a huge talent. Did well for South Korea in the Olympics too.

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I doubt we had a chance with Mendes being his agent and brokering the deal for Wolves 

Which begs the question why we wasted a year trying to get him, even trying to break our transfer record.  Think we were willing to spend 40m on him.

Be interesting to see how he fares. 

1 hour ago, eddylcfc said:

Still both gutting and bizarre (given our previous interest) that we didn’t go for Trincao. 

Agreed I think the super agent played a big role though… either way I’m still surprised people on here were slagging him off when he played us! Looks like exactly what we need 

Lets not talk about that miss though 👀🤣

Edited by dbtcity