Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

On 27/08/2021 at 23:32, LFox99 said:

I'd rather not develop a rivals talent

Don't understand this logic either. Hudson Odoi is probably the best example. If he came in and bagged near to 10 goals and assists i'd say he's done a fine job. How exactly do you then measure if his development here goes on to hinder us if he replicates that form for Chelsea?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Valencia have released Kang Lee 😳😳😳

Is their financial status still complete muck? Barca are such a story they could go pretty under the radar. Valencia have had a bit of a roller-coaster behind the scenes over the last few years. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Chelsea don’t see us or West Ham as challengers, be serious. Anyway, would be more likely we could get Dan James now.  

Chelsea aren't helping anyone who has the realistic potential to push them out of the top four. 

They'll sell us a fringe player for good money but loan is no chance.

Can we just get someone in now please I'll take any of the promising targets we've discussed. Just can't plod on with no answer on the right other than Perez or Albrighton. Need someone with some flair to take players on and make something happen.

18 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Can we just get someone in now please I'll take any of the promising targets we've discussed. Just can't plod on with no answer on the right other than Perez or Albrighton. Need someone with some flair to take players on and make something happen.

Rici skinned the Norwich defence for Vardy's goal as he did against Wolves and Albrighton banged his goal in from the right so it is not really true we are creating nothing that side.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not arsed about flogging Zouma to West Ham. I doubt they care, some clubs might but Chelsea won't.

I think there is a difference between selling and loaning. They might sell him too us but I doubt they would loan him because they don't really get anything out of it and it strengthens a rival

11 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Chelsea don’t see us or West Ham as challengers, be serious. Anyway, would be more likely we could get Dan James now.  

Of course they do. The last two seasons we have finished within 5 points of them and beaten them in an FA cup final if they don't see us as a threat that would be complete arrogance from the people at the top of the club I they wouldn't be as successful as they have been if they thought like this.

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Of course they do. The last two seasons we have finished within 5 points of them and beaten them in an FA cup final if they don't see us as a threat that would be complete arrogance from the people at the top of the club I they wouldn't be as successful as they have been if they thought like this.

We are competitors in the sense we are in the same competition,  but we aren’t a rival I would suggest. These battles aren’t based on winning trophies, just owning the commercial spaces. It’s sh*t but it’s true.

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Don't understand this logic either. Hudson Odoi is probably the best example. If he came in and bagged near to 10 goals and assists i'd say he's done a fine job. How exactly do you then measure if his development here goes on to hinder us if he replicates that form for Chelsea?

. .he would have garnered much needed time playing time and added experience in the Prem!!!

We would be developing a player for them who would not have a chance to play in their first team. They, (Chelsea) would not know if he could make the grade and we would be the ones to prove it for them.

Unless he was on an option or obligation where we had some say in the final outcome, then it is a pointless move to loan him for the season.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/fotbal-1-liga-rocnik-2021-22/401307/tak-prece-velky-prestup-slavia-jedna-s-brightonem-o-simovi.html

Sima of Slavia Prague and kicking us out of Europe fame in negotiations with Brighton over an 8m move.

Would think that takes them out of the running for James... unfortunately lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

. .he would have garnered much needed time playing time and added experience in the Prem!!!

We would be developing a player for them who would not have a chance to play in their first team. They, (Chelsea) would not know if he could make the grade and we would be the ones to prove it for them.

Unless he was on an option or obligation where we had some say in the final outcome, then it is a pointless move to loan him for the season.

I dont know, the way I look at it is if he helps us secure our goals this season then who cares? It's unlikely he will be solely responsible for denting our goals later on down the line

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would think that takes them out of the running for James... unfortunately lol

With Dan James playing for United again today, I don't think he's going anywhere. Which is honestly a big surprise to me, but seems to be playing a part there this year. Perhaps they hope Ronaldo can show him how to play the position correctly in training! lol

Diallo was going to go on loan to Feyenord but got injured so that deal is off also.

So quite intriguing what will happen. I've always maintained we would sign someone, probably on deadline day and I still think that will happen. But I don't think Dan James is that man. I do think it will be a loan signing though and just a stop gap player. Neres would be brilliant but think that's someone you'd bring in at the start of the window not at the end of it. Hopefully I am wrong!

West Ham are no longer in for Lingard, as they're close to completing a deal instead for Vlasic.

Guardian say Man U want 25million for Lingard, even though he only has one year left on his contract. 

It was reported we were interested in him if we got CL. We didn't but wouldn't be surprised if we went for Lingard if a lower fee could be agreed, although he would be more an inside forward rather than an out and out winger. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

If not Neres, then I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Asensio or someone from Ligue 1.

The way he was talking, we've got the agreement of club and player. It's got to be someone out of favour or desperate for the finances.

It narrows the field down somewhat. It rules out Berardi and James for a start.