Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

44 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Didn't Lookman play for Fulham?

A little underwhelming, but at least he's quick and has played in the Premier League

I'd be low key kinda happy with Lookman. I thought he looked really positive for Fulham and would fit in quite well. 

Would prefer him to both James and Mcneil. 

• Like 1

So Lookman has played left wing 73 times in his career and right wing 33. At right wing he's only ever scored 3 goals and got 6 assists. At left wing he has 19 goals and 6 assists. I rate him as a player and feel he would be a good option for rotation/injuries. He doesn't seem to be the right winger we need though. Those stats at right wing aren't much different to Perez. 

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

So Lookman has played left wing 73 times in his career and right wing 33. At right wing he's only ever scored 3 goals and got 6 assists. At left wing he has 19 goals and 6 assists. I rate him as a player and feel he would be a good option for rotation/injuries. He doesn't seem to be the right winger we need though. Those stats at right wing aren't much different to Perez. 

at left wing his GA is just under 1 in 3

at right wing his GA is 1 in 3.6 

not a huge difference 

would be so weird to buy an inverted right winger who isn’t left footed because then you can’t play him inverted. and that’s how we roll ….

Lookman would be Okayish as a squad player, but would be pretty disappointed with that tbh. Don’t think he is the one.

Edit: he’s also a right footed left winger, which doesn’t make much sense.

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Maybe we have got this all wrong and actually what Brendan is after is a backup for Barnes? I thought Lookman did great for Fulham.

It does seem likely. Do we even have any evidence that Brendan isn't happy with Perez and Albrighton as the RW options. At LW we only have Barnes. Cover there might be the priority. It would explain the links to James, Lookman and Coutinho. 

6 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Maybe we have got this all wrong and actually what Brendan is after is a backup for Barnes? I thought Lookman did great for Fulham.

That's possible, because that's exactly what Lookman would be.  Rodgers would never play him and Barnes together as true wingers, and never choose Lookman ahead of Perez for a meaningful match.

I don't mind the possibility of a player who can play right wing and also cover Barnes at left wing, but they need to be 1st choice right winger to add real benefit to us. Albrighton is a very handy back up on the right and it would be good to have that on the left but right now the priority is a player who improves our starting XI on the right.

We've all though they need to be left footed but maybe not? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't mind the possibility of a player who can play right wing and also cover Barnes at left wing, but they need to be 1st choice right winger to add real benefit to us. Albrighton is a very handy back up on the right and it would be good to have that on the left but right now the priority is a player who improves our starting XI on the right.

We've all though they need to be left footed but maybe not? 

Lookman is not the droid you're looking for.

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s right footed so it wouldn’t make a lot of sense as we need an inverted winger to allow Ricky/Timmy to overlap into space 

On that basis, I wonder why we were previously interested though ????

If interest was some months ago, maybe it was as back-up to Barnes rather than as a solution to the RW problem. 

Just now, Jazzy_Jeff said:

BR did say “at least one”.

maybe a £10-15m signing with another loan (possibly with buy option) 

Unless Brendan is trying to put pressure on the board who have said that there is nothing left …. if he says we are trying to get a deal or two across the line and we don’t, who gets it in the neck from the fan base ??

Lookman wouldn't be the sort of signing to make us think yes he's the one who is going to make the difference between us finishing in the top 4. Good to have the extra option but for me, is it any better than they've already had? 

That said, he shown glimpses for Fulham, still young and could develop in our environment.

D.Gray is arguably as good a player as Lookman, and Lookman has had longer runs starting the Prem to find some form. Lookman would be relatively cheap, squad player quality. It could be that is all Rodgers wants, given he likes Perez. I doubt it though, doesn’t really improve us, just gives an option to rest Barnes is cup games etc. 

Still think (see: hope) we will sign a left footed right winger.

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

D.Gray is arguably as good a player as Lookman, and Lookman has had longer runs starting the Prem to find some form. Lookman would be relatively cheap, squad player quality. It could be that is all Rodgers wants, given he likes Perez. I doubt it though, doesn’t really improve us, just gives an option to rest Barnes is cup games etc. 

Still think (see: hope) we will sign a left footed right winger.

We wanted dimi to stay …. Mind you, he didn’t get many chances to play on the left as cover for Harvey …