Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

[John Percy] Leicester City midfielder Dennis Praet is set to have his medical at Torino later today - initial loan with a view to a permanent deal. Will certainly boost Leicester's hopes of adding another attacking player before the deadline.

The John Percy tweet is kind of cryptic in that it doesn’t specifically say winger…

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

[John Percy] Leicester City midfielder Dennis Praet is set to have his medical at Torino later today - initial loan with a view to a permanent deal. Will certainly boost Leicester's hopes of adding another attacking player before the deadline.

The John Percy tweet is kind of cryptic in that it doesn’t specifically say winger…

Probably because none of them know and are going purely on what Rodgers said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Is Lookman just another Dan James?

He's better technically than James, and has more to his game, but I would be a little underwhelmed personally, but I'm starting to prepare myself to being underwhelmed now anyway.

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Didn’t make the bench Saturday and we had two keepers on it though? 

Didn't spot that as was at bowls all day. That's interesting actually. And a bit weird as well; since you'd think giving a young player a chance around the squad and bedded in to how it all works is a better bet than 2 keepers?

49 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can see Man U not being willing to loan lingard to either us or West Ham. (Same for James btw)

we are both perceived as a threat for their top four place 

Lingard is available but the cost is reported as 25million in the Guardian which is too much for a player whose contract is expiring.

West Ham were in for him but opted instead for Vlasic for just over 25million instead as he's younger so more potential upside. 

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Didn't spot that as was at bowls all day. That's interesting actually. And a bit weird as well; since you'd think giving a young player a chance around the squad and bedded in to how it all works is a better bet than 2 keepers?

U23s played Friday night which I presume stopped that happening? 

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Lingard is available but the cost is reported as 25million in the Guardian which is too much for a player whose contract is expiring.

West Ham were in for him but opted instead for Vlasic for just over 25million instead as he's younger so more potential upside. 

I'd pay it in all honesty. Would be a brilliant addition for us and if he stuck with that West Ham form we'd have a hell of a player

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Got a funny feeling it'll be a last minute Coutinho loan 

• Haha 1

The fact that Benkovic took a fringe squad number and wasn't named on the bench on Saturday in preference of a second goalkeeper tells you he'll be on his way. The only question is if it is a permanent or loan move. Hopefully that in addition to Praet's move that is enough to get 1 player in. 

I'd expect either Mendy or Hamza to be left unregistered rather than move at this stage. Beyond the above, I'd guess only a few youth players will go out.

45 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

So difficult to get depth AND keep everyone happy AND satify the rules with regards numbers in squads.

It's why the academy has to be a conveyor belt if you want to play European football year in, year out. Its why I've been relentless in my criticism of the lack of investment in the academy, the annoying thing is the new transfer rules make it even harder to overhaul the academy quickly.

19 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Christ its Lookman isn't it...

Suppose maybe due to circumstances he's a 'stop-gap'?

Again, Bourne is clearly guessing due to a lack of concrete information. 

Even Jordan Blackwell has only been given enough information to say who it isn't, not who it is.

1 minute ago, Verumex said:

Again, Bourne is clearly guessing due to a lack of concrete information. 

Even Jordan Blackwell has only been given enough information to say who it isn't, not who it is.

No, it’s Lookman. Ornstien reporting it in the athletic now. Loan with buy option: 

https://theathletic.com/news/leicester-hopeful-of-signing-ademola-lookman-from-rb-leipzig/DJWml0src46L