Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

Just now, UHDrive said:

I agree that these issues are complicated. Chilwell was different to Choudhury's circumstances because Chilwell was integrated into the first team over two years as opposed to choudhury who was effectively drafted in as an emergency during that winter. 

Chilwell in my opinion had more talent that choudhury, just like Thomas and KDH aswell. I'm sure the club have looked at these and many other parameters and based their decisions on that.

The club have had longer to assess the other players whether on loan, in the development team or in the first team squad whether playing or training.

These figures put choudhury on £9-10k per week and that sounds accurate to me. This would've given him an assumed pay increase of x 10 from the development salary he would've likely been on.

There is absolutely no chance a player started the first three Premier League games of a season, having already been part of the first team group for 8 months, and then 6 days later signed a contract on a wage that some fourth division players are on.

The total club wage bill for 18-19 was £128.2m - that's in the financial accounts published in March. Even if the 301 non-playing staff were on an average of £80k/year (highly unlikely), and the 37 non-first team players on an average of £4k/week (again highly unlikely), the first team average wage would be £75k based on some back of cigarette packet maths.

We're not a bottom half side anymore!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gravel said:

There was me thinking that the topic was hot due to impending reliable news of a new winger instead of baseless wage speculation.

Why am I so gullible!?!?

You are not , a new winger is going to cost us a lot of money and there is no escape from that . 30 million to buy and four or five million a year in wages. Are the club up for that , I hope they are.

10 minutes ago, Gravel said:

There was me thinking that the topic was hot due to impending reliable news of a new winger instead of baseless wage speculation.

Why am I so gullible!?!?

You are not alone though lol

8 hours ago, les-tah said:

Regardless of the Portuguese connection at Wolves I just have a feeling if we wanted him we could of had him.

Leads me to believe we have our eyes on better more suitable attacking midfielders/wingers.

Don't do it to yourself, Foxestalk when we get our new winger.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep coming back to Matheus Pereira as the most attainable choice. Madueke we could get but it would be like our pursuit of Fofana and I'm not so sure the club are quote as bullish for the elusive piece to our squad.

West Brom.openly want him gone, I think if we position ourselves as being the most determined to get him to the player then we can get him within our budget. He'd be a regular starter with us, not so much at the other clubs he's been linked with such as West Ham and Villa as they have players in his position that will also expect to play.

I'm settling on the type of creative winger that Pereira is, a play maker. The other stand out option who wouldn't cost more than £20m is Ludovic Blas. He's like a cross between Mahrez and Coutinho, I'm shocked he hasn't been snapped up yet by a big club. He was superb last season for a very mediocre team and was way better than Romain Faivre who was hyped up to high heaven. Blas would be very interesting, like Amine Adli would. 

Regarding Blas, last I heard was that Leipzig and Lille were showing interest in him and monitoring his situation. He's a good player though, can play as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 or RM in a 4-4-2 as he did this season for Nantes.

Edited by Iran
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Iran said:

Regarding Blas, last I heard was that Leipzig and Lille were showing interest in him and monitoring his situation. He's a good player though, can play as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 or RM in a 4-4-2 as he did this season for Nantes.

Yeah he's excellent. Like Pereira he has scored and assisted a good amount in a very average/poor side and will keep getting better. If anything Blas has been more impressive as I don't think he takes set pieces but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Iran said:

Regarding Blas, last I heard was that Leipzig and Lille were showing interest in him and monitoring his situation. He's a good player though, can play as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 or RM 4-4-2 as he did this season for Nantes.

And they would only want €12m.. wow

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

And they would only want €12m.. wow

Stupid price, there's some real bargains in France right now. How Faivre is going for about double that is beyond me though. Blas is much more dynamic and accomplished a player but Faivre gets loads of hype because he takes a lethal free kick.

We have bought the players we wanted too at the price we were happy to pay

There are still players we would like but they are priced higher than what we want to pay.

The above two statements could relate to any season since JR has been in charge

Usual game of poker with the Covid curve ball thrown in so pricing of players is quite erratic 

Wouldnt surprise me greatly if there were no more incomings but maybe a few clubs might bottle it before the window shuts 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Bomber Harris, devastating on the wing. 

I think either the genius of this post - 😁 - has been missed, or the association of Bomber H with the wanton destruction of German cities and their civilian populations is still a little too raw for some of the fossils on this foxes forum. 

Or, 3rd option, very few people on this forum know who Bomber Harris is, so that would mean that I’m, err, we’ll, much wider read than the average Neanderthal here. That’s it. 

Edited by ARM1968

2 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

There are still players we would like but they are priced higher than what we want to pay.

Usual game of poker with the Covid curve ball thrown in so pricing of players is quite erratic 

Wouldnt surprise me greatly if there were no more incomings but maybe a few clubs might bottle it before the window shuts 

Sounds about right. Ideally, we shift out Ghezzal, Choudhury, and loan out some. Hopefully we can take M Pereira on loan with a permanent view. 

5 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Ffs if we don’t bag a RW it’s all guns blazing with the 3/5 atb in turn a stinker of a season

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep coming back to Matheus Pereira as the most attainable choice. Madueke we could get but it would be like our pursuit of Fofana and I'm not so sure the club are quote as bullish for the elusive piece to our squad.

West Brom.openly want him gone, I think if we position ourselves as being the most determined to get him to the player then we can get him within our budget. He'd be a regular starter with us, not so much at the other clubs he's been linked with such as West Ham and Villa as they have players in his position that will also expect to play.

I'm settling on the type of creative winger that Pereira is, a play maker. The other stand out option who wouldn't cost more than £20m is Ludovic Blas. He's like a cross between Mahrez and Coutinho, I'm shocked he hasn't been snapped up yet by a big club. He was superb last season for a very mediocre team and was way better than Romain Faivre who was hyped up to high heaven. Blas would be very interesting, like Amine Adli would. 

But ain’t he a left winger? Or central?

Edited by Kent-Fox

15 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Ffs.. But then who was the Berardi smokescreen for?

Edited by LestaLad
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
42 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

With Soyuncu we were quoted 40m all window then all of a sudden it dropped. You're right we won't overpay but I can well see movement late in the window. 

1 hour ago, tomfmlcfc said:

There is absolutely no chance a player started the first three Premier League games of a season, having already been part of the first team group for 8 months, and then 6 days later signed a contract on a wage that some fourth division players are on.

The total club wage bill for 18-19 was £128.2m - that's in the financial accounts published in March. Even if the 301 non-playing staff were on an average of £80k/year (highly unlikely), and the 37 non-first team players on an average of £4k/week (again highly unlikely), the first team average wage would be £75k based on some back of cigarette packet maths.

We're not a bottom half side anymore!

I'll say no more.

If however you believe choudhury is on £60k a week then you must be smoking something.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

48 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. As a contingency BR’s best season at Liverpool was playing a diamond. Fits our squad quite well with 2 in each position

schmeichel/ward

ricardo/Castagne

fofana/benkovic

evans/Soyuncu 

bertrand/Thomas 

ndidi/Mendy

soumare/praet

tielemans/KDH 

maddison/Barnes 

Vardy/Iheanacho 

daka/Perez

couple of square pegs in there but you get the jist. Could also be a 4-3-3 with Barnes and Daka wide forwards

i hope we sign a decent winger but if we don’t I don’t think it’s the end of the world 

41 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Ffs.. But then who was the Berardi smokescreen for?

Likely Pereira, but isn't hard to imagine that we'd publicly look at a different option whilst our target pushes to leave his club causing issues in camp, apparently refusing to play in a friendly. 

53 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

But ain’t he a left winger? Or central?

He's a playmaker who plays on the right but is also ideally suited to playing as a 10. He's played a lot of his PL career at West Brom on the right though and done well. He fits in with Rodgers ethos of a player good at attacking and defending whose a " technician "

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

Can't believe we're going to enter yet another season with Albrighton as the right winger.

There is five weeks left of the transfer window, chill out and be patient ffs. 

Think the club know what they are a doing a lot more than us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Thing is if we offer WBA 30 million and Pereira 80 grand a week he would almost certainly be ours and we can close this thread.

And explain why anyone in their right mind would do that?