Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

This is going from bad to worse. 

In my dream tonight Berardi is going to be in the Seagrave swimming pool surrounded by hookers and champagne after signing a deal with us and after drowning Perez as a condition of that deal.

.....come to think of it, what is the situation with Berardi!!!

Wasn't he agitating for a move in this window?

On 26/08/2021 at 17:46, deep blue said:

Is it too fanciful that Brendan might make do with including Maswanhise in the squad and giving him the occasional go, starting at first as a late sub, and hoping he improves quickly enough to make an impact?  That would be some sort of solution to the RW problem without shelling out for one.

This. Looked good in pre-season, scored in the last reserves game. He’s 19 in a couple of months, I’d personally prefer to see him given the chance than bring in someone underwhelming like Lookman or even James. We don’t have an endless pot of money, after all…

• Like 1

With Hudson-Odoi and Lookman apparently being lined up this late in the window and both seeming to perform much better on the left, maybe Brendan’s “strengthening of the attack” has been about getting a back-up to Barnes all along. He might consider Perez, Albrighton, Ricardo and Maswanhise give us enough options on the right. 

16 minutes ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

With Hudson-Odoi and Lookman apparently being lined up this late in the window and both seeming to perform much better on the left, maybe Brendan’s “strengthening of the attack” has been about getting a back-up to Barnes all along. He might consider Perez, Albrighton, Ricardo and Maswanhise give us enough options on the right. 

I think the key is that he wants attacking wingers on one side and defensive wingers on the other. Love him or hate him Perez's stats show he's one of the best defensive wingers there is. I think he fits Rodgers system and he is looking for a left winger instead. 

45 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think the key is that he wants attacking wingers on one side and defensive wingers on the other. Love him or hate him Perez's stats show he's one of the best defensive wingers there is. I think he fits Rodgers system and he is looking for a left winger instead. 

Could well be right, we have no real cover for Barnes.

Up to a point you need to consider the combined attacking and defensive contribution of the RB and RW together. They’re a team that have to work together and Ricardo and Perez do this well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

This is an absolute myth. Rodgers demands goals and assists from all 4 of his attacking players in a 4-2-3-1. He wants his players to be able to press and defend well too but its not one or the other. He's said this time and time again.

1 hour ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

I think Maswanhise plays on the left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

I honestly think we will sign Lookman and somthing out of the blue that will surprise everyone.

I genuinely think we are getting 2 wingers in today.

We'll be lucky if we get one at this rate. 

1 minute ago, Verumex said:

We'll be lucky if we get one at this rate. 

Patience today is going to be a exciting day.

3 players out 2 players in.

Also just seen that Brighton are in talks to sign abddalla Sima from slavia Prague.

We should of been all over this.

Edited by Fox85
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Patience today is going to be a exciting day.

3 players out 2 players in.

Also just seen that Brighton are in talks to sign abddalla Sima from slavia Prague.

We should of been all over this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping you're right here. 

And agreed, even if he's not exactly what we want on the right, Sima looked absolutely class. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I honestly think we will sign Lookman and somthing out of the blue that will surprise everyone.

I genuinely think we are getting 2 wingers in today.

I admire people's excitement but when have we signed more than one first team player on deadline day.

Don't fall for the nonsense sky put out. It'll be max one player, lookman, if that.

10 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I think Maswanhise plays on the left.

I thought Maswanhise looked a decent player/prospect in pre season, looked lively and got stuck in, throw him in at the deep end with the 1st team squad (better than 2 keepers on the bench) and use him as a sub for the last 10/15 minutes, might unsettle teams…..

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is an absolute myth. Rodgers demands goals and assists from all 4 of his attacking players in a 4-2-3-1. He wants his players to be able to press and defend well too but its not one or the other. He's said this time and time again.

Well then you'd think he would be trying to bring in a right winger, which he doesn't appear to be. He appears to be very content with Perez and Albrighton as his options on the right. If he wanted attacking output on that side he wouldn't be. I suspect he's happy with the output coming from the full backs on the right side. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I admire people's excitement but when have we signed more than one first team player on deadline day.

Don't fall for the nonsense sky put out. It'll be max one player, lookman, if that.

I reckon we’ll lose five key players and not sign any.

25 minutes ago, Verumex said:

From what I heard, he's more comfortable on the right. He was only playing on the left for preseason. 

He played on the left as much, if not more when featuring for the U18's last season. He's played both games LW for the U23's this season.

BBC reporting English players and players from English clubs at a premium.  Not enough time to complete process for international players from foreign clubs.

If we were interested in Neres but hadn't made an offer, it will be too late.   So it could be Lookman or no-one. 

I can't see us being willing/able to afford CHO.

Just now, majaco said:

BBC reporting English players and players from English clubs at a premium.  Not enough time to complete process for international players from foreign clubs.

If we were interested in Neres but hadn't made an offer, it will be too late.   So it could be Lookman or no-one. 

I can't see us being willing/able to afford CHO.

What I don't get about this report is could you not just sign a foreign player and deal with the work permit in the coming days? I mean it's been done plenty when clubs sign players without work permits, we did it with Sowah I believe. With the new point system for work permits you can guarantee who will get one and who won't so it's pretty low risk to do so. 

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

What I don't get about this report is could you not just sign a foreign player and deal with the work permit in the coming days? I mean it's been done plenty when clubs sign players without work permits, we did it with Sowah I believe. With the new point system for work permits you can guarantee who will get one and who won't so it's pretty low risk to do so. 

It is also to do with visas.

28 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

I thought Maswanhise looked a decent player/prospect in pre season, looked lively and got stuck in, throw him in at the deep end with the 1st team squad (better than 2 keepers on the bench) and use him as a sub for the last 10/15 minutes, might unsettle teams…..

Think thats Rogers saying im putting two Keepers on the bench today, which is signalling I want more players, he's only getting one by looks of it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, majaco said:

It is also to do with visas.

Still my point stands, can you not sort all that stuff out after the deadline if they have the required points total?

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaaa that's the same thing is it not?

It depends on the country. I don't have a clue about the UK but I know over here I have both a visa and work permit. The Visa lets me into the country and the work permit is a separate piece of paper that gives me permission to work and says things like who I can work for and in what industries. 

That being said I was always under the impression in the UK they were the same thing. 

• Like 1