Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Stadium Expansion update July 2021

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I very much doubt it'll affect fans. They usually build up then come back down. See Liverpool recent expansion.. 

Provisional start date Ash???

22 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Those images pretty much kill off any chance of future expansion on the South stand which seems a strange thing to do 

13 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Judging by the location of the car park the plans would appear to stop any thought of a future extension to the south stand.

The car park along with the other buildings clearly hasn’t been fleshed out yet and in addition the purchase of the EON building hasn’t been taken into account yet. That could easily free up some space for the car park and the South Stand.

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

40k isn't the end. Just the start

Is that confirmed Ash? :cool:

Are we thinking this public consultation is being based on a concept? Seems to be suggestions that big decisions are still to be made eg. regarding positioning of buildings, cladding etc. Obviously a lot more than back of a fag packet but feels quite some way to go before a detailed planning application can be submitted for full approval. 

Hoping we're going to get much more detail at 2pm.

14 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Is it confirmed we’ve bought the eon building on the corner? Or just assumption? I’ve not seen any5hing official. 

And what’s the riverside pavilion? I’ve got visions of sitting enjoying a cream tea overlooking the river during the summer lol 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-leicester-city-stadium-expansion-5708229.amp

Much of the new infrastructure is expected to be built on the land behind the East Stand, with the club having recently purchased the Eon building on the corner of Raw Dykes Road and Aylestone Road.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The two vocal areas in the ground look in trouble.

Yeah i'm a bit nervous that this will all affect the atmosphere.

L1, SK4 and the Away End will likely all be moved in some way or another.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Yeah i'm a bit nervous that this will all affect the atmosphere.

L1, SK4 and the Away End will likely all be moved in some way or another.

L1 and SK1 without a roof over them will be hit. L1 is surely a problem for the club with fancy boxes and seats above that area now.

Union FS have massively outgrown it’s current spot and have many a time explained this to the club. That tier may just go over the current spot which would further isolate the current position.

Worryingly yet to see anything about safe standing and rejigging the stadium plan. This is the one big chance for the club to nail it going forward for atmosphere. They talk a good game on how much it matters...

Slight worry is this reminds me a bit of Forest’s planning app. Wasn’t fleshed out on the non stand details. When they sat down and did the maths, the residential schemes and other bits didn’t add up. 

The ambiguity of that side is disappointing given the time it’s taken 

3 hours ago, los dedos said:

Now I'm starting to doubt this is what we'll see today . I could be wrong but I'd of thought we'd see more detail of everything . Like others have said there's bit missing and the EON building is still there . So its definitely a good few months old .

My point exactly 

Can we just wait until 2pm to read the plans until we cast doubts on the whole

project. The difference between us and Forest is probably 1) space, we have a lot of space and it is not near residential areas which should make planning easier 2) we have a spent fair bit in analysis for years in the build up to the unveiling, this should alleviate most concerns regarding the other buildings

3) there will be a period of consultation first where things will inevitably change

Feels very sensible (bau!) of the owners to incorporate a lot more of the things King Power have expertise in namely retail, hospitality and tourism. Like everyone 40k feels a bit light when compared to other Prem clubs at our level but still a big step forward and a toe in the water for another 8k in the future. Really exciting time for the club (and city?).