Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Stadium Expansion update July 2021

21 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’d upgrade from membership to season ticket holder in a heartbeat. With both my kids.

I find it difficult to get down unless it’s already in the diary, as plans get made early in our house (not by me). All of us want season tickets so hopefully members will get first refusal. Does anyone know how many members we have? 

I’m sure it’s around the 10k mark. 

• Thanks 1

On 28/07/2021 at 09:13, splinterdream said:

Disappointed with number, I think an extra 7500 seats will sell out and there'll still be people left wanting a season ticket, we should have put in plans for at least 45000 capacity imo

Zlowly, zlowly :claudio:

• Like 1

All I ask is that the development brings a bar by the ground with better beer than The Blues Bar, swear the last time they cleaned their lines was in anticipation of Gary Taylor Fletcher popping in for a session after a match. :ph34r:

Nah, for real though, I think I'm as excited for the associated construction projects as the ground extension itself. The area around Filbert Way is crying out for something else to make it a destination. It's about making it somewhere you want to go on days we aren't playing that's gonna be the real measure of success.

• Like 2

Some interesting points, 15 storey hotel, 20 storey resential, with 234 flats. Another 2 storey venue, nearly 8000m2 (indoor arena?), 2 storey Riverside pavilion and a 6 storey multi storey car park with 525 spaces! It also says multi purpose venue with 6000 standing capacity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TWUKO said:

Site layout doesn't look like it includes the e on building either.

Admittedly that masterplan is dated 13 December 2019, and the Eon building according to the Merc has been bought by the club. It could feasibly just become more parking space for the time being.

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

The part that annoys me a little bit is that the ETFE cladding is going to be blue with different levels of transparency. I’d much prefer opaque but with lights like the Allianz.

I need pictures. It's going to be interesting to see how all of these buildings will slot together. 

Couple of other tidbits from leafing through that planning doc...

- there will be a new "hospitality lounge" in the East Stand

- the fan zone has been designed to accommodate catering trucks

- the hotel will have a "food and beverage offering" (restaurant/bar to you and me)

- there will be pedestrian access from Aylestone Rd (presumably new path through the site)

• Like 2

On 29/07/2021 at 13:20, foxile5 said:

Or swap the kop and the family stand, eh? 

On 29/07/2021 at 13:55, Bob Weasel Fox said:

That is an awesome suggestion 👀

On 29/07/2021 at 14:04, foxile5 said:

Baffling it hasn't been raised before. 

maybe we should put it to the club for a consultation being a great new idea I’m sure they’ll love the idea !:frantics::frantics:

27 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

From a quick scan through I thought I'd point these out;

It's stated as EFTE material to the roof and facade. To anyone who hasnt seen the proposed basic elevation of the stadium flying around somewhere then it appears to be along those lines of the one of the side elevation only. The front elevation is going to be this material aswell so now nobody knows and it's anyone's guess!! It doesn't describe any infilling (extended entrance zones) for the North/South stands but I can't see why that wouldn't be done given the state of it and that that can be done by a future application. 

The Proposed Scheme seeks to increase fan capacity at the King Power Stadium 
through expanding the East Stand by up to 8,000 additional Seats. This would raise the 
capacity of the Stadium from the current 32,262 to 40,000 along with the provision of 
additional and refurbished hospitality spaces within the East Stand. 

The Proposed Scheme will retain vehicular access off Raw Dykes Lane, however, the 
existing four-arm roundabout will be reconfigured. Access to the wider Site will be 
undertaken via the existing Filbert Way to the west and the existing road to the east of 
the Stadium which currently serves Car Park E and the Eon office use.

The Proposed Scheme includes extensive public realm, including the designated 
external ‘Fan Zone’ that is to be created adjacent to the East Stand. The Fan Zone has 
been designed to accommodate match day circulation but to also include opportunities 
for pocket seating/planting and temporary catering trucks. 

The East Stand extension will reach a maximum height of 46.2m AOD and include new and refurbished hospitality provision, along with up to 8,000 additional seats.

A new club shop, which will augment the existing club shop facility in the north west of the Site.

Lastly the E.on building is within the outline permission boundary so the use of that land parcel no doubt will get applied for at a later date

Also note that a fair number of these surveys are from December 2019 where the EON building is not included. Is it feasible to just suddenly add this space in? I’d imagine it could just be additional car parking space for the time being?

32 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Also note that a fair number of these surveys are from December 2019 where the EON building is not included. Is it feasible to just suddenly add this space in? I’d imagine it could just be additional car parking space for the time being?

Absolutely . They've definitely kept this heavily under wraps and scrolling through each section I.e. Eco etc they've redacted any document to any link with a standalone proposed masterplan. It's good though as they have the template now with each consultant to do an addendum through the Full App that they'll be doing. I'm glad they confirmed it was the full app too with the costs involved to date. 

Can't wait to get BUILDING in 2022! Hopefully early spring due to the application quoted as a September submission.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

Having skimmed through that document yesterday, it just goes to show how much work is involved in the pre-planning stages. So much has been going on over the last few years just to get to this point! I might have missed it but really hope there is some form of external lighting on the new East stand. The blue EFTE lit up at night would look amazing.