Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Stadium Expansion update July 2021

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Last time there were leaks it was right behind the south stand.
41B0AA1B-1C7B-4199-944D-0E6F98B036FE.thumb.jpeg.993e56472365cea41fb1a9f08238abda.jpeg 

Doesn't look like that's a multi story just a car park?

8 minutes ago, Super Shinji said:

Hadn’t noticed it before but it does say ‘multi-storey car park & energy centre’ on it.

So hopefully across the road as it seems they're reconfiguring the road island.

18 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Isn't it on the right behind the Kop  ?

I don't know those plans are old I hope not though, surely if they're expanding the East stand outwards with a fans zone they won't want stream of cars driving through there .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, davieG said:

I don't know those plans are old I hope not though, surely if they're expanding the East stand outwards with a fans zone they won't want stream of cars driving through there .

I would of thought the car park will be close to the hotel. Unless that gets it's own car park. Guests wont expect to walk miles with baggage.

16 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I would of thought the car park will be close to the hotel. Unless that gets it's own car park. Guests wont expect to walk miles with baggage.

Maybe but behind the South Stand would be awful, sure the more traffic free main site is the better and safer. Multi-stories are usually ugly buildings and would detract from the site as well.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Maybe but behind the South Stand would be awful, sure the more traffic free main site is the better and safer. Multi-stories are usually ugly buildings and would detract from the site as well.

Not if you put a huge picture of Youri on the side 

image.jpeg.c9051a52c1a369cd17c64d0fa17f6a50.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

It would also likely severely limit the potential to further expand as i imagine the Kop would be the other stand they would look to incease?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

54m.

So slightly smaller but still massive. 

24 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

64 M for the one at Newcastle for comparison 

The Newcastle one is just ridiculous. Must be the highest in the country. I wouldn't want one anywhere near that height other than to stick away fans in (which is pretty much what they do). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The Newcastle one is just ridiculous. Must be the highest in the country. I wouldn't want one anywhere near that height other than to stick away fans in (which is pretty much what they do). 

Away fans have to have at least some of their allocation pitch side. Newcastle and Man Utd were granted exemptions (even though they were at the time the only two with away fans not pitch side, making the change in rules completely and utterly pointless). 

That being said I really hope we split the away fans between the two tiers. The current away end at Filbert Way is probably one of the best in the league as the curve keeps them close together and helps to amplify the noise across the pitch. We should be doing all we can to mitigate that advantage imo. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

64 M for the one at Newcastle for comparison 

22 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

What about the Sir Alex Ferguson stand at Old Trafford? Swear that's the highest i've seen. The Newcastle one doesn't feel that massive to me because when you're there you're at the top. When i've been to Old Trafford that stand (the one opposite the away end, opposite the dugouts) has always looked stupidly tall to me but that's likely because i've always sat low to the pitch at away games there.

45 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What about the Sir Alex Ferguson stand at Old Trafford? Swear that's the highest i've seen. The Newcastle one doesn't feel that massive to me because when you're there you're at the top. When i've been to Old Trafford that stand (the one opposite the away end, opposite the dugouts) has always looked stupidly tall to me but that's likely because i've always sat low to the pitch at away games there.

Think that about 56/58 similar to Anfield 

6 hours ago, davieG said:

If I had to hazard a guess, the arena will be in the top right hand corner of the plan. The new access from that roundabout would bend around into a 180° bend where the new car park will be on the E.on site. Bear in mind you could Bury 2 story's of it underground and clad it in the same EFTE as the new stand facade. It makes sense though to keep all parking away from the arena and stadium and as near as possible to exiting the site.

The main existing car park is mostly staying but not all. The new fan zone area and stadium circulation will eat into the existing parking to the corner of the East/South stands and be cut back. This will be for players and ground staff I assume but wil create lots more room for food stands and seating and landscaping