Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Stadium Expansion update July 2021

8 hours ago, davieG said:

Maybe but behind the South Stand would be awful, sure the more traffic free main site is the better and safer. Multi-stories are usually ugly buildings and would detract from the site as well.

7 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Not if you put a huge picture of Youri on the side 

image.jpeg.c9051a52c1a369cd17c64d0fa17f6a50.jpeg

Rumour is that they’re working with HotWheels on the building of the multi-storey car park. Upon exiting the car park you will drive into the foot of a giant Youri which will fire you out across the river into a goal shaped exit allowing you to continue your safe journey home having cleared the stadium traffic.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

180° is a straight line.

😄 you know what I mean. One of those come off the roundabouts and left all the way parallel to the road you've traversed around and down, with a nice 1m strip of landscaping etc...

Edited by UHDrive
Typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

If I had to hazard a guess, the arena will be in the top right hand corner of the plan. The new access from that roundabout would bend around into a 180° bend where the new car park will be on the E.on site. Bear in mind you could Bury 2 story's of it underground and clad it in the same EFTE as the new stand facade. It makes sense though to keep all parking away from the arena and stadium and as near as possible to exiting the site.

The main existing car park is mostly staying but not all. The new fan zone area and stadium circulation will eat into the existing parking to the corner of the East/South stands and be cut back. This will be for players and ground staff I assume but wil create lots more room for food stands and seating and landscaping 

It would make sense putting the arena there. That way people may have to walkthrough the food/retail fan villages hotel etc to get to it hopefully with the intention that they will buy something 

13 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

It would make sense putting the arena there. That way people may have to walkthrough the food/retail fan villages hotel etc to get to it hopefully with the intention that they will buy something 

It wouldn't interfere with the fans zone because that's directly adjacent to the new East Stand and encroaching into the existing car park area. 

Plus the arena will block a lot of the views of the stadium itself I'd imagine. There's no chance the carpark will cut through the site, especially with the fans coming into the ground on game day.

The access to the stadium will be a pedestrian one coming from directly off of Aylestone Road.

Edited by UHDrive

Just now, thesilverfox said:

VIP do on Wednesday evening at the KP to reveal the plans for the expansion, so hopefully us plebs will get to see something Thursday/Friday?

Sooner than I thought. I think the timetable listed the end of consultation as the 20th Aug so wasn't expecting anything before. 

On 03/08/2021 at 10:43, sylofox said:

I doubt that 2 stories you would be level with the water table if not below it. Then if the river floods. Could be messy.

Doesn't stop it happening, as daft as it sounds.

I doubt there will be more than 1 storey underground (if any), but I'm currently working on a building about 100 metres from the Thames where the basement is 4.5m below ground level.

56 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

VIP do on Wednesday evening at the KP to reveal the plans for the expansion, so hopefully us plebs will get to see something Thursday/Friday?

Anyone have any KP Waiter's outfits I can borrow? 🤐

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The plans will include proposals for the addition of 8,000 seats at King Power Stadium, taking the capacity to 40,000, as well as a 220-room hotel and a multi-purpose event and entertainment arena. There are also proposals for a new Leicester City retail space, residential and commercial space, and multi-storey car parking facilities – enhancements to the site that can further the evolution of both the Football Club and the city.

2C57EC82-3B09-4F07-A1DE-163CB16A659F.gif.a82e754264894ef23b7bdf465dee702d.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No mention of train links....maybe that's not in their remit, but it would make such a difference, in my opinion.

Agree. Or tram.

Driving and car parking is horrendous. 

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No mention of train links....maybe that's not in their remit, but it would make such a difference, in my opinion.

The Campaign continues as you it's outside their remit and all down to the slow wheels of Government. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/220065222221824

• Like 1

OS

King Power Stadium Development: Public Consultation Begins On Thursday

PRESS RELEASE

Published 1 hr 29 mins ago

Leicester City Football Club will reveal its initial plans for the expansion of King Power Stadium’s capacity to 40,000 and significant developments to the surrounding areas on Thursday 12 August.

More on this story...

King Power Stadium Development: Public Consultation Set For August

- Leicester City to reveal development plans through public consultation from 2pm on Thursday 13 August
- Public consultation will take place at King Power Stadium, while all material is also available online
- The proposals would see King Power Stadium’s capacity increase to 40,000
- Plans also include a 220-room hotel and a multi-purpose event and entertainment arena

The unveiling of the plans will begin a period of public consultation, as well as giving the Football Club an opportunity to share its vision for significant enhancements to King Power Stadium and an evolution of areas that have potential to be of great benefit to the city of Leicester.

In-person consultations will be available at King Power Stadium during the below periods:

Thursday 12 August | 2pm to 7pm
Friday 13 August | 10am to 5pm
Saturday 14 August | 10am to 2pm (Matchday vs. Wolves)

All materials will also be available online for feedback from 2pm on Thursday 12 August until Thursday 2 September.

The plans will include proposals for the addition of 8,000 seats at King Power Stadium, taking the capacity to 40,000, as well as a 220-room hotel and a multi-purpose event and entertainment arena. There are also proposals for a new Leicester City retail space, residential and commercial space, and multi-storey car parking facilities – enhancements to the site that can further the evolution of both the Football Club and the city.

The developments will further underline Leicestershire’s reputation as a home of world-class sport and create a 365-day destination that will support the regeneration of an area that has been the home of the Football Club for 130 years.

The feedback obtained from the public consultation with the local community, local businesses, supporters and key stakeholders, will help inform decision-making as the plans evolve, in order to deliver a major events destination that can support the Club’s continued growth and become a major asset to the city of Leicester.

All times BST.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-stadium-expansion-when-5763605

Meanwhile, an environmental impact assessment of the planned expansion has been submitted to Leicester City Council, providing details not previously released.

The document outlines that the East Stand will be built on land that is currently the club car park as well as the National Grid building.

It is also suggested that design of the stand allows construction to take place while the existing stadium remains operational, with commencement of the building work hoped to be in advance of the end of the 2022-23 season. The earliest anticipated date for completion is the third quarter of 2024.

Meanwhile, the indoor entertainment arena is planned to have a standing capacity of 6,000.