Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Stadium Expansion update July 2021

See Leeds are planning to expand to 60k in next few years, Everton just under, surely we should go for at least 45k if not 50k?

Built it and they will come, Sunderland sold out in Premier League every week and think they were at 49k capacity.

Edited by foxes4life

6 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

See Leeds are planning to expand to 60k in next few years, Everton just under, surely we should go for at least 45k if not 50k?

Built it and they will come, Sunderland sold out in Premier League every week and think they were at 49k capacity.

Expand Elland Road? How is that shit heap still standing let alone capable of being extended!!!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

Some big problems in the way for Leeds to expand. 

And no way what’s so ever did Sunderland sell out every week in the PL. in fact the only I can remember them sold out playing us was Roy Keane’s managerial debut in the Championship 

6 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

It's been said before but adding extra seats is only a part of the plans. This is all about improving the infrastructure and making best use of the land. It looks like it will be a very substantial development. 

Another 8,000 seats in one stand is huge. The rest of the stadium can be done as and when required in the future giving us the sort of capacity you mention. 

19 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

We couldn't sell out wembley, wolves isn't even sold out for Saturday. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

• Like 4

Don't really get this obsession with size. Much prefer them to go to 40k and develop the surrounding area. 

I am sure that will be the question constantly thrown at them though, so be good to hear their thinking process. 

Could simply be down to budget. Quite incredible we are even doing this considering we just moved into a £100m training ground and continue to spend in the window, all post Covid. 

Just now, goose2010 said:

We couldn't sell out wembley, wolves isn't even sold out for Saturday. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Wembley during a pandemic for the Community Shield was never going to sell out. 

The Wolves game is sold out for home fans, no general sale required. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Both of those are more down to COVID rather than demand. Its clear that we can sell out way more than 32k and probably will do when we hit 40k at which point we can probably target another extension

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's been said before but adding extra seats is only a part of the plans. This is all about improving the infrastructure and making best use of the land. It looks like it will be a very substantial development. 

Another 8,000 seats in one stand is huge. The rest of the stadium can be done as and when required in the future giving us the sort of capacity you mention. 

It will be interesting to see whether we leave ourselves room to do this. On the last leak, I think there was a multi-storey car park directly behind the kop, which would prohibit the expansion of it, and that's the stand that I would think would be the next obvious candidate after the east stand.

If we expand to 40k, and the stadium is still being filled regularly, which I think is probably very likely as long as we're not relegated (touch wood), then we will be looking to expand again. Hopefully, the club are looking that far down the line.

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Don't really get this obsession with size. Much prefer them to go to 40k and develop the surrounding area. 

I am sure that will be the question constantly thrown at them though, so be good to hear their thinking process. 

Could simply be down to budget. Quite incredible we are even doing this considering we just moved into a £100m training ground and continue to spend in the window, all post Covid. 

Bigger size means increased match day revenue, which will help to sustain us at this level long term, every kid growing up in Leicester is already a fan these days (which wasn't the case a decade ago) and they will grow up to be match attending fans, now we got to push on and get fans from all the small towns in the east midlands supporting us, get them attending, free tickets to schools etc and eventually steal fans from the cites Derby and Nottingham too. Need to make ourselves the club everyone in the east mids follows.

Dont get me wrong I want to see the surrounding area developed too but cant help feeling if we invest right now then Leicester can be a secure top half Premier League team which pushing for Europe each season for decades to come. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foxes4life said:

Bigger size means increased match day revenue, which will help to sustain us at this level long term, every kid growing up in Leicester is already a fan these days (which wasn't the case a decade ago) and they will grow up to be match attending fans, now we got to push on and get fans from all the small towns in the east midlands supporting us, get them attending, free tickets to schools etc and eventually steal fans from the cites Derby and Nottingham too. Need to make ourselves the club everyone in the east mids follows.

Dont get me wrong I want to see the surrounding area developed too but cant help feeling if we invest right now then Leicester can be a secure top half Premier League team which pushing for Europe each season for decades to come. 

I get all that and no doubt the owners do too, but as I said, it may all come down to budget and they will likely have done the maths on cost of expansion/developing area in terms of what they can bring in. Hotel/Commercial spaces + 6000 event stadium will all bring in revenue too. 

Hopefully, they say that the 8000 addition is just the start and they plan on adding more in 5 years time or something. 

Even if not though, it's incredible what's going on here. 

34 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Wolves hasn’t even reached General sale and has 10 tickets left (7 of which are restricted view).

Edited by moore_94

Just now, moore_94 said:

Wolves hasn’t even reached General sale and has 10 tickets left (6 of which are restricted view).

Yeah exactly Prem games especially first game of the season shouldn't hit general sale. 8k more will probably mean it does most weeks especially night games and the 'unfashionable' games. 

Leicester won't want games to go to gen sale as it means people won't bother with memberships. 

I think this is more about an expansion of corporate and the external development than the 8k seats.  The hotel will provide for PL match tourism - very nice earner that !  Overnight stay plus game - £200 per seat. Chuck in the tour of the club museum gratis and hope they spend a few bob in the expanded club shop. The shopping complex could also be an earner……..

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Both of those are more down to COVID rather than demand. Its clear that we can sell out way more than 32k and probably will do when we hit 40k at which point we can probably target another extension

33 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Like I'm said above currently the games shouldn't even get close to general sale if you want to be adding another say 15 to 20k seats.

8k extension will be plenty. Rather keep demand high that sit around empty seats.

It’s all down to balance we add 8000 seats and build a revenue streaming sideshow hopefully that will eventually help pay for any further expansion freeing up more money to keep upgrading the team. It also provides insurance in case there is any reduction in the football revenue for whatever reason might cause that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, davieG said:

It’s all down to balance we add 8000 seats and build a revenue streaming sideshow hopefully that will eventually help pay for any further expansion freeing up more money to keep upgrading the team. It also provides insurance in case there is any reduction in the football revenue for whatever reason might cause that.

They are doing it the smart way (as always) 

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Comes down to economics really. Spend £200mil on the current 40k model, or £220mil on 45k (both done under same development)

Future extension from 40-45k (singular development) £60mill.

Save £40 mill and the sheer chaotic nature it brings to fans. That's why I'd rather the extra 5k seating to be interspersed into the corner areas of the East Stand.

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

And we still outnumbered Man City's contingent by a country mile.

We'll sell out 40K for home games in our current position, easy. Maybe a tougher ask if we ever find ourselves back in the Championship, but the demand is absolutely there.

Edited by OntarioFox