Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Stadium Expansion update July 2021

31 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

So that video mentioned a 6000 seat arena -- therefore, this is what the new King Power will look like!

Exactly!

It's what presentation style and depth I would except in the VIP release and subsequent public release of the development.

29 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

That's sent me down about of a whole reading about the whole thing but some of the bids seem like complete fiction looking back on it. I mean these were some of the proposed venues. 

Nottigham (New City Ground) - Only picture submitted (45,000) (No funding)

1021220243_Nottingham2018WorldCuplogowithstadium.jpg.0bd5d603c8f4550b17c7af10ed9a702c.jpg

Bristol (Ashton Vale) 44,000 (no funding either)

1233816591_AshtonValeinoperationmode.gif.07b153cae118d6fea2ee716a44a6c221.gif

And the most ridiculous of all Plymouth (Home park extension) (44,000) - Fair play to them though they did have funding and proper plans. It was to be paid for by the club, the council, local businesses, a rugby team and a basketball team and even had support from some other teams such as Torquay. 

)3869851.jpg.93d76c9929b233bbaa41faf15b3db6b9.jpg

There was also a plan to expand the Stadium MK to 44,000 but they didn't even have as much as a picture in their bid!

.....at least we had the joy of seeing Prince William et al looking bewildered and embarrassed when the vote was counted..one solitary vote, if memory serves. And that vote only courtesy of a huge bribe paid to the grotesque Jack Warner 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

.....at least we had the joy of seeing Prince William et al looking bewildered and embarrassed when the vote was counted..one solitary vote, if memory serves. And that vote only courtesy of a huge bribe paid to the grotesque Jack Warner 

Warner promised all along that we had the African votes in the bag but then switched to Russia. Two votes went to us in total.

29 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Warner promised all along that we had the African votes in the bag but then switched to Russia. Two votes went to us in total.

Yeah, but one of the two votes was our own,.lol. I'd kinda taken that as a given we'd get that. 

Warner i thought was the only non English vote. Presumably he knew we'd lose in the first round of voting and shrewdly could've took a second second back hander off Russia. A disgusting, but no doubt very wealthy, invidual.

He'd  have no sway over Africa though..surely you mean the concacaf votes?

I saw Cliff Ginetta down the ground today and he said he was there for the stadium expansion meeting.

I'm sure it will be revealed through that platform soon if no where else tonight?

9 minutes ago, Raj said:

I saw Cliff Ginetta down the ground today and he said he was there for the stadium expansion meeting.

I'm sure it will be revealed through that platform soon if no where else tonight?

Well by all accounts the meeting finished a couple of hours ago. I'm pretty surprised there's been no leaks. Surely someone on here was there and is willing to share? (Said very hopefully)

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Well by all accounts the meeting finished a couple of hours ago. I'm pretty surprised there's been no leaks. Surely someone on here was there and is willing to share? (Said very hopefully)

They cunningly led them into another windowless room after for some “tea and biscuits”. Locked the door and ran away. Giving the head of security instructions to open the door tomorrow at 5pm. Problem is he’s going away in the morning. 

• Haha 2

Pitch side it looks incredible. The developments around the ground, outstanding. The actual extension from outside...not sure if it's the style of the photos or what, but it looks like a cartoonish add-on? Hopefully classier looking additon than it appears (to me) but phenomenal times for the club!!! Can't wait to see more.

Just now, sdb said:

Pitch side it looks incredible. The developments around the ground, outstanding. The actual extension from outside...not sure if it's the style of the photos or what, but it looks like a cartoonish add-on? Hopefully classier looking additon than it appears (to me) but phenomenal times for the club!!! Can't wait to see more.

Personally I think it will have to be a first stage. If every stand was increased and cladded that way it would look superb in the end.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sdb said:

It wouldn't look so jarring if the white roof was replaced with the blue and white triangles.

• Like 2

Looks great, especially that view from inside the ground from the West Stand.

And on that main picture at the top, it looks very fashionable and classy, reminds me of Bayern's Allianz Arena.

The hotel and arena (?) look a bit funky...

Slightly different to what was expected in terms of the tunnel and dressing rooms staying in the West stand then.

Looks amazing though, hope they find a way to blend the stand in with the rest of the stadium.