Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Stadium Expansion update July 2021

1 hour ago, Raj said:

I saw Cliff Ginetta down the ground today and he said he was there for the stadium expansion meeting.

I'm sure it will be revealed through that platform soon if no where else tonight?

I’ve seen the plans. East stand looks like Allianz Arena and that’s about all that’s concrete really. Plans for the arena/hotel etc have been kept vague so they don’t have to stick to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm underwhelmed..... We won't have Europe's longest bar like spurs have because we've run out of space for those trophy things we keep winning. More embarrassing for me however due to us being so successful, is our distinct lack of a cheese room 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Clarkielcfc said:

Wonder what the building on the corner of south stand and west stand is

Potential office space for the club maybe? Can see the arena connected to the stadium, can see the residential and hotel towers, can see the car park so that’s the only thing left? 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Potential office space for the club maybe? Can see the arena connected to the stadium, can see the residential and hotel towers, can see the car park so that’s the only thing left? 

Was there a new club shop mentioned? Could it be that?

Each one of the pictures elicits a different response!

Top one - that looks class

Middle left - that looks weird and dwarfs the rest of the stadium

Bottom right - looks like a fantastic stand

Middle right & bottom left - rest of the stadium looks weird and I hope it’s not all white like that 

Would like to be reassured on the further development potential. Surely the next step is to do the West Stand to make it symmetrical and at that point add even more hospitality and re-do all the changing rooms etc?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

I imagine they’ll want to swap the cameras over once complete?

Was there any mention of rail seating / if the away end is staying the same etc?

The new camera platform gantry was actually built just before Covid early 2020 in anticipation, I’m sure for this season the east stand 1 will still be used but yeah the plan is for the cameras to face the east stand long term 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Was there a new club shop mentioned? Could it be that?

I wouldn’t have thought that would have been out of the way tho, there is another building near the hotel opposite the stand in the middle right photo that could be the shop

Edited by jammie82uk

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Each one of the pictures elicits a different response!

Top one - that looks class

Middle left - that looks weird and dwarfs the rest of the stadium

Bottom right - looks like a fantastic stand

Middle right & bottom left - rest of the stadium looks weird and I hope it’s not all white like that 

Would like to be reassured on the further development potential. Surely the next step is to do the West Stand to make it symmetrical and at that point add even more hospitality and re-do all the changing rooms etc?

I'm sure the rest of the stadium will be staying as it is. Not sure why you would expect it to be different. I don't think it looks weird - that's what it looks like now.

22 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

You can most things like the arena, car park and hotel but what’s in the corner of the Kop/west stand (circled)

BA62314E-9422-44A5-A3BD-9E6AB9BE8D8F.jpeg

Also spotted the walkways/tunnels from hotel into arena then into the stadium . Perfect for away team, VIPs etc.

Don’t know if its the images that aren’t doing it any favours but it looks a bit lacklustre to me. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for the stadium expansion and surrounding complex but when you compare those images to the training ground it looks a bit wishy washy . 

• Haha 1