Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Stadium Expansion update July 2021

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

Don’t know if its the images that aren’t doing it any favours but it looks a bit lacklustre to me. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for the stadium expansion and surrounding complex but when you compare those images to the training ground it looks a bit wishy washy . 

It's a modest extension onto a pretty bland/cheap stadium, so I think they were quite limited what they could and couldn't do. 

I imagine budget is a big factor too.

I think it will look better in person 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Don’t know if its the images that aren’t doing it any favours but it looks a bit lacklustre to me. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for the stadium expansion and surrounding complex but when you compare those images to the training ground it looks a bit wishy washy . 

Thought we'd have proper renders of all the buildings, with type and colour of materials used . I'm sure they have to submit all that for planning permission .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I wouldn’t have thought that would have been out of the way tho, there is another building near the hotel opposite the stand in the middle right photo that could be the shop

Didn’t they say there’d be 2nd shop?

23 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Let's hear what you'd do then?

So this is basically the same as the leaked design from a year ago.

The only difference I can see is the bridges from the hotel to the arena to the stadium.

Some of the buildings are a bit oddly placed but that east stand is phenomenal, hope it lights up at night!

Quite surprised to see that the changing rooms etc are not moving, which makes me think the West stand will also be done in a matching design in the future. The new wrap around brings the exterior of the North and south stands lever with the new easy and west stand, so potentially room for some small upper tiers there too!

Fantastic project though and look forward to seeing the detailed plans.

26 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Goodness me, talk about a random contrary position.... 

There's always one! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve seen the plans. East stand looks like Allianz Arena and that’s about all that’s concrete really. Plans for the arena/hotel etc have been kept vague so they don’t have to stick to them.

Where the outside line of the new East Stand is, I have been hoping that they'll fill the North/South stands in so as to run in line with the outside curve of the East Stand corners and run straight into the protruding West Stand ofsets, thus not just revamping them inside but changing the kiosks/toilets/escalators and concourses in general with the extra floor area? 

There must be a lot more CGI's than this and detailed views of cross sections of the new stand. I like it and I love the way they've designed the facade of the stand. 

Let's hope we get the residential/parking etc proportionally right otherwise it'll feel claustrophobic if they aren't careful.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Bugs my OCD. Don't suppose we will get fresh shiny blue ones all round? :fc:

Unfortunately the money for the new seats had to be diverted to pay for Vestergaard.

Don't worry though, they're giving everyone a free blue sharpie at Wolves so we can all colour in our seats.  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Realtalk though, can't see the river crossing everyone keeps mentioning in those images. Where is is gonna be located? All I can see is the existing railway bridge. :dunno:

Would be very useful for folks parking down Narborough Road for matches.

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Where the outside line of the new East Stand is, I have been hoping that they'll fill the North/South stands in so as to run in line with the outside curve of the East Stand corners and run straight into the protruding West Stand ofsets, thus not just revamping them inside but changing the kiosks/toilets/escalators and concourses in general with the extra floor area? 

I’ve read this so many times and can’t visualise what you mean sorry. When I say ive seen the plans, what I meant was I’ve seen the leaflet that got posted on here so I’m not sure I’d be able to answer even if I did understand.

6 hours ago, Mullet1 said:

You can most things like the arena, car park and hotel but what’s in the corner of the Kop/west stand (circled)

BA62314E-9422-44A5-A3BD-9E6AB9BE8D8F.jpeg

There was talk about developing around the river, so probably that. Can’t remember exactly what it was, probably something like a bar, seating.

• Thanks 1

So is this design a king power thing? 

Seems to me that they want an instantly recognisable building, so you knows who's it is.

Either that or they've got an overly friendly relationship with their architect 

c3f9413283a03ac8071e57db51983a281d781a45.jpg

6 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Now I'm starting to doubt this is what we'll see today . I could be wrong but I'd of thought we'd see more detail of everything . Like others have said there's bit missing and the EON building is still there . So its definitely a good few months old .

Edited by los dedos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

Now I'm starting to doubt this is what we'll see today . I could be wrong but I'd of thought we'd see more detail of everything . Like others have said there's bit missing and the EON building is still there . So its definitely a good few months old .

It’s still effectively these plans that were leaked (leak was around June 2020)41B0AA1B-1C7B-4199-944D-0E6F98B036FE.thumb.jpeg.993e56472365cea41fb1a9f08238abda.jpeg

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Raj said:

When are they expecting  to start the work?

Will it affect the fans in that part if the ground if its during the season?

I very much doubt it'll affect fans. They usually build up then come back down. See Liverpool recent expansion.. 

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve read this so many times and can’t visualise what you mean sorry. When I say ive seen the plans, what I meant was I’ve seen the leaflet that got posted on here so I’m not sure I’d be able to answer even if I did understand.

...yeah  I  have had the same problem when it comes to the stadium design with @UHDrivepost!!!

I understand all his other post but post regarding the stadium goes into a Sir Humphrey type monologue.

• Haha 1