Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Stadium Expansion update July 2021

8 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Beyond all the glitz of having the expansion, I fear this will effectively decimate any kind of atmosphere that we have in the ground. 

Nah they’ve thought about it. It’s not my area of studies, but look at the way the new roof slopes down towards the pitch, that’s to focus all sound generated from that stand downwards, back into the stadium, instead of out. I think it actually might enhance the noise.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Nah they’ve thought about it. It’s not my area of studies, but look at the way the new roof slopes down towards the pitch, that’s to focus all sound generated from that stand downwards, back into the stadium, instead of out. I think it actually might enhance the noise.

My first thought as well. 

22 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Beyond all the glitz of having the expansion, I fear this will effectively decimate any kind of atmosphere that we have in the ground. 

at least try it and scream at Perez first and see how the atmosphere feels, fml miserable much

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...yeah  I  have had the same problem when it comes to the stadium design with @UHDrivepost!!!

I understand all his other post but post regarding the stadium goes into a Sir Humphrey type monologue.

Ejits 😉. I mean when you are standing to get in through the ticket barrier in the North/South stands, that the area you are standing on will now be inside and covered by the East Stand wraparound to the West Stand...  

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

It looks great. Considering we are working from an identikit stadium, and it would have been a lot easier and cheaper to bolt on a tier a la Cardiff then I think the design is absolutely wonderful.

Atmosphere is a subjective term anyway. Our present stadium has both had a fabulous and absolutey shite atmosphere, generally collerating to on field performances.

1 minute ago, norwichfox said:

Looks an impressive development, will any of the income from the non football businesses find their way back into LCFC coffers?

Probably not, certainly not directly.

But it will find its way into the owners’ coffers and make them

a) less likely to have to sell the club because their duty free business has been crippled by the pandemic;

b) more likely to be able to continue to invest in the club.

7 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Looks an impressive development, will any of the income from the non football businesses find their way back into LCFC coffers?

I'm not sure. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the club own the stadium. I think King Power own them both separately. It depends on ownership and how it's all structured. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Probably not, certainly not directly.

But it will find its way into the owners’ coffers and make them

a) less likely to have to sell the club because their duty free business has been crippled by the pandemic;

b) more likely to be able to continue to invest in the club.

That's really doesn't make sense the owner what to make the club self-sufficient and sustainable, the only way that happens is by increasing it revenue streams. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm not sure. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the club own the stadium. I think King Power own them both separately. It depends on ownership and how it's all structured. 

I think you are correct but the match day earns still come into the clubs coffers.

I think the owners owning the stadium rather then LCFC was a FFP balancing act. 

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

the detail is bound to be complex and done for tax advantages 

but it would be nuts to commercially develop all that area and not bring the income into the club to allow more spend. 

• Like 1