Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Stadium Expansion update July 2021

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Remember when they bid for a World Cup host slot with a drawing lol 

Absolute jokers. 

Good point actually, should England ever manage a successful World Cup bid again, we must be guaranteed a spot now. What are they gonna choose? ‘The (second) biggest stadium in the East Midlands’ City Ground or Home of the Invincibles, 40k capacity including complete on site complex Filbert Way?  

5 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

We could announce we had found a cure for covid, cancer and how to clone Youri and some fans would find something to complain about lol

All good stuff and more business savvy moves with the hotel and arena etc, in short we are just massive.

It's not complaining, it's looking at things with a critical eye and having an opinion. 

The fans role isn't to just lap up everything that gets announced. This culture of calling anyone out who has an opinion that isn't formed through blue tinted specs is tedious. 

It is my opinion that this increase isn't enough as it won't translate to many extra ST being available once you take out the corporate seats and boxes. 

7 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

The key phrase here is "a ticket." It is not easy to get four tickets next to each other on general sell, and fairly impossible for a group of 8-10 people (two families) to go to a match.

I've had this argument with people on here before so I'm not going to get into it, but if you won't go unless you can sit with a specific group of 9 other people, then you don't really want to go.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Good point actually, should England ever manage a successful World Cup bid again, we must be guaranteed a spot now. What are they gonna choose? ‘The (second) biggest stadium in the East Midlands’ City Ground or Home of the Invincibles, 40k capacity including complete on site complex Filbert Way?  

There will be 11 grounds bigger than ours at 40k so not guaranteed, granted only one is in the midlands.  

20 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Who are the local community now? Are we talking about those that live on Burnmoor Street and surrounding roads? Surely there not that many that will be directly affected? 

...not just the surrounding residents!!!

The City itself with the flow of traffic, and the likelihood of an arena being used 3-4 times a week would impact traffic flow, and maybe a good idea for a way to take incoming and outgoing traffic out of what already is a busy area.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

STs make the club the least amount of money out of anyone. Corporates, then matchday ticket buyers, then ST holders. 

And? 

I'm talking from a fans point of view, as we all should. The point of an increase for the fans is increasing the ability of the local people actually getting a ticket to the game, especially increasing the loyal fan base by increasing st availability. 

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's not complaining, it's looking at things with a critical eye and having an opinion. 

The fans role isn't to just lap up everything that gets announced. This culture of calling anyone out who has an opinion that isn't formed through blue tinted specs is tedious. 

It is my opinion that this increase isn't enough as it won't translate to many extra ST being available once you take out the corporate seats and boxes. 

I'm not lapping anything up, merely understanding that the club have done years of research into things like this in order to make the appropriate decision that doesn't put us in a bad position in future.

To claim that agreeing with what is released by the club is just blue tinted specs is just as tedious as what you're claiming. Because I'm not critising them then I must be up their arse apparently it seems. 

Let's be honest we are having some success but all it takes is a few defeats and suddenly we are playing back with less fans coming and you make the ground too big we will have plenty of empty seats, plus saddled with a big bill to pay it all off but no extra income to cover it, which would not be a smart move would it.

29 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Any truth in the rumour it’s going to be called the Barry Hayles stand? I do hope so.

Brb, starting a change.org petition…

And speaking of Barries, I’m sure we’ll all get to hear from Pierpoint that the arena was one of his original ideas.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

To claim that agreeing with what is released by the club is just blue tinted specs is just as tedious as what you're claiming. Because I'm not critising them then I must be up their arse apparently it seems. 

Agreeing with them is fine, telling other people that they cannot form their own opinion which may not be entirely in agreement with the club isn't. 

It's the constant calling out of people who don't share the same opinion which is tedious, not the agreeing with the plans. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...can you imagine, a football club, having its own station!!!

Derby, Watford and Hull all used to as I recall.*

Trivia alert*

• Like 1

What a club. Excited about all of this and have no doubt that Top will do something visually-impressive with the expanded stand. 

Really interested in what sorts of events the arena will be able to host— would love to catch some ice hockey in Leicester. A few more high-profile Muay Thai events would be great too. 

44 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Nothing annoys me more than using percentages to justify the size of an increase lol its what bosses do when they give you a small pay rise .

Seriously though it is small when we could fill 48k in the Prem easily. 

But it’s sensible to do it in stages and probably means less disruption/capacity decrease.

So you would call a 25% payrise small? :o

They haven't just come up with ia number, they will have do feasibility studies. 

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Agreeing with them is fine, telling other people that they cannot form their own opinion which may not be entirely in agreement with the club isn't. 

It's the constant calling out of people who don't share the same opinion which is tedious, not the agreeing with the plans. 

At no point have I said people can't have an opinion, you've decided that's what I was doing. I made a very obviously tongue in cheek comment laced heavily with my opinion and that was that.

• Sad 1

Nothing wrong with different opinions and hopefully the Consultation will give fans a chance to direct them to the people who have put this proposal.

For me a more spacious seating arrangement, bigger concourse and better toilets would be my wishes but I guess that will reduce the number of seats they can put in.

If we're going to have to sit at least make it more comfortable to do so.

25 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I've had this argument with people on here before so I'm not going to get into it, but if you won't go unless you can sit with a specific group of 9 other people, then you don't really want to go.

I think the club should also cater to the casual fan, including -- for example -- two families wanting to get together and do something on a Saturday. Those kids become the hard-core fans of the future.