Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Stadium Expansion update July 2021

5 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

The arena is the biggest excitement, will be very interested to see how big they make it. I have no doubt KP will plump the money to attract the big names to it should it have the capacity.

6k on the previous plan

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

STs make the club the least amount of money out of anyone. Corporates, then matchday ticket buyers, then ST holders. 

Very good point. 

One of the main reasons for me wanting to upgrade from a membership back to a season ticket holder is that tickets will be massively cheaper! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

There's always someone, there were plenty for the Training Ground.

Increased capacity will likely mean more cars, congested roads, parking issues, rat runs etc. 

The folks on Western Road complained a lot about the Bede Island idea and plenty found reasons to stop us developing Filbert Street not least the Councillor led Offiside group.

I remember only too well but at least this time the Western Road mob won't be involved. But who locally will be? 

What the owners have done for this club and continue to do for the club (and the city) is just phenomenal.

It's quite overwhelming when you consider the impact they have had.

Pretty mental that a few people were questioning Top's commitment to the club following Vichai's death. 

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I thought that was not part of the FFP ruling!!!

We would surely be in breach of this, if that was the case. Didn't Manchester City get away with it by some creative description of increase revenue?

Typo, should have said doesn't 

• Like 2

I'd imagine they can do the work on the East without much distruption to using the KP for matchdays and not having to close the ground, doing more would more then like effect to south and north stand and would result in us having to play elsewhere.

I would'nt be surprise to see a further extenison on the south at a later date. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Maybe they can't expand King Power to 45k and 40k is the limit

The KP is an identikit design along with Stadium of Light and St Marys.

Stadium of Light was expanded to 49k so you'd think that ours could be too.

Think 40k is probably a good balance though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Maybe they can't expand King Power to 45k and 40k is the limit

What do you think would limit it to 40k? After the east stand is done, there is space to expand the south stand and the SE corner. I think the north stand could also be expanded.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

What do you think would limit it to 40k? After the east stand is done, there is space to expand the south stand and the SE corner. I think the north stand could also be expanded.

Maybe they mean just with the East Stand.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....conversely, @MarriedaLeicesterGirl was stating that if people believe there is a shortage of tickets, they do not bother to try to get them, therefore contradicts what you have said!!!

I am not disagreeing with the logic behind your post, just that for a lot of people I know, they do not believe it is easy to get a "walk up" ticket and therefore do no try.

It's my experience. Especially for parents, the idea you have to work to get tickets somehow makes them more valuable is not how family time management works. Often, the kids are more football mad than the parents, and chasing tickets down isn't at the top of the list.

I am not sure how to respond to the "if you need to go with a group you didn't really want to go" comment made earlier in the exchange. I go to almost all the games, buy I have never gone alone, and wouldn't enjoy it alone. I know plenty of people who have their crew, and . happily watch the game in the stadium or in a pub, as long as their crew is there. But it takes all kinds, and the club should cater to the community.

Additionally, sometimes two or three families get together for an afternoon out. Even if their ideal activity would be to see a match, it's impossible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Pretty sure the club will have done their research regarding demand, capacity, cost etc. I don't think they need internet fans telling them they should go bigger, based on... well them wanting us to be massive.

Agree. Though I'm slightly surprised that we've gone for the 'cardiff' option of plopping an incongruous tier on top. Bit like one of those hideous Asian extensions onto a 1930s semi on Welford road. 

The family never, ever scrimp or penny pinch though. So I have complete faith in their judgement. 

On a wider point, and as another poster pointed out, retail and office space has collapsed in value. Even highcross and the likes of John Lewis are turning real estate away from retail towards residential. 

Plus, it'll take some heavy management of the arena to pull in entertainment off the well-trodden arena circuit. Plenty of white elephant, unused arenas in the likes of Cov, Bolton, Derby and Doncaster.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Forest forum reaction to our stadium being the biggest in the East Midlands is to mention administration and how we cheated our way to success lol them/derby still crying on about something that happened in 2002 !! King power didn’t even take over the club till 2010. 

Bless them. 

ah yes now back to forgetting they exist while we galavant around Europe…

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

I think then that this is what we are expecting at 40,000 was correct. 

EB34A7D7-C650-4DE2-A8FA-910720217ADD.png

I'd have thought the roof would have come round onto the north/south stands in a horeshoe shape so you gain in the corners 

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I think consultation with the city planners will have already taken place and I doubt anything major will come from these consultations there's many reasons to consult.

Through the consultation with our fans, our local community, businesses and stakeholders, we hope to achieve something that we can all be proud of for years to come. It’s these conversations that will help us communicate our vision to the people at its heart and take onboard the views of our community to help shape it.

The LA development control is different in that the consultations raised at the time by the public will be recorded by development control as the application is being submitted, but at the moment the site redevelopment would've been dealt with by informal/formal discussions with the LA by way of pre outline application or reserved matters talks. With lots of coffee at the council  no doubt.

I seem to remember when the stadium was first built was that the foundations were strengthened on the east stand with a view to future expansion to 40k. People who want more, it might not be possible without knocking down chunks of the stadium and starting again. 

1 hour ago, Alex_LCFC said:

I imagine some Thai boxing being held in the arena. They brought it hover to the kp a few years ago. 

I wonder if they are trying to do a Leicester sports group similar to what Barcelona do 

Hope not. They are attempting a poor man's version at Ashton Gate where the football club have been demoted to a shared tenant with a rugby club. Bristol Sport. Avoid unless you're happy to see rugby memorabilia all over the stadium and concourses. 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

The KP is an identikit design along with Stadium of Light and St Marys.

Stadium of Light was expanded to 49k so you'd think that ours could be too.

Think 40k is probably a good balance though.

The King Power is very similar to St Marys but isn't an identikit to Sunderland. The truth is the existing design doesn't dictate the size of the expansion.