Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lgfualol

Wycombe Pre Season Match Thread (Delayed 15 mins)

Guest StevieLynex
8 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Rubbish.

We’re never going to score a goal again.

Neither will we work again

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

And then never to be seen again

Just released Musa only scored 2 against Barce. Was convinced he scored a hat trick. Now I'm doubting if I saw Dean Sturridge and Enrico Chiesa score hat tricks in a 3-3 draw against Fiorentina. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sdb said:

Very poor. It means nothing but at least confirms we've still got a fair bit of deadwood to move on.

It means nothing but they should still show abit of pride for those fans that have bothered to go out the way to support them 

• Like 1

Just now, PAULCFC said:

Don't think we beat anyone in pre season in 15,but i think we need to play our strongest side against QPR for a start to see how that works out.

Would help if half our starting 11 were actually anywhere to be seen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

More concerned about players like Barnes still coming back from an injury. We need some sort of cover for him.

I gather he is in line for some minutes on Saturday, then again vs Villareal and will feature in the Community Shield. Whether that then means he's ready for the opener I'm not sure. Could well see us start the season with a midfield diamond if not whilst we wait.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Would help if half our starting 11 were actually anywhere to be seen. 

Probably tired bearing the number of games they have played so far

Just now, StevieLynex said:

Probably tired bearing the number of games they have played so far

Probably so, but if we start just the first game of the season with this shower of shit then I'll be worried. Starting weak is never good, every single game matters.

4 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Don't think we beat anyone in pre season in 15,but i think we need to play our strongest side against QPR for a start to see how that works out.

Per-season in 2015 we drew against Mansfield, but won the other four

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Very smart from Rodgers if you ask me. 

Ban all creativity early pre season then tell the board we need to break the bank for a winger/attacking midfielder.

Announce Mahrez tomorrow

Wasn’t great. That was clear to see. Don’t think playing two teams for 45 minutes is all that beneficial either. Obviously Wycombe are a few weeks ahead in pre season, but absolutely nothing for us to shout about on that performance. But as people always say, performance isn’t everything in pre season.  

Not to be overly worried. The 2nd half team showed a lot of creativity going forward and the position BR played madders in I.e. giving him a lot of freedom across the lines was great. 

Maddison would be great in this team as a no.10 now that we've beefed up our midfield and Tielemans is better protected.

Aside from that we have Tielemans, Castagne, schmeichel, Praet, Evans, Bertrand and Barnes all missing from playing today which is half of our starting 11!! I'm not worried to much tonight.