Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lgfualol

Wycombe Pre Season Match Thread (Delayed 15 mins)

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

The lack of space we are able to create is a concern and there is very little penetration.

We didn't really see any progression from the Burton game.

However, we have new and young players adapting and completely changing the team after 45mins makes it more difficult to find a rhythm. 

Soumare looks great. Daka is going to need more time by the looks of things. 

....Soumare touch was initially heavy and he was slow in possession, but gradually started to pick up the pace and had more energy and drive!!!

Give him time to settle, as the pace of the Premiership will be another learning curve.

2 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

First half we lacked creativity in midfield. In the second Benkovic, Nelson, Suengchittawon, KDH and Madders (when he dropped deeper) were positives for me.

I’d be happy to have Benko as backup and put all the cash on a winger.

I thought Benkovic and Nelson were decent. I didn't like the midfield mix and the full backs were so appalling it made our wingers completely redundant and created no angles to open up midfield either. The aimless hoofing to Iheanacho was pointless but Choudhury really didn't help either, his movement was so poor.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Problem is there are no signs of any threat whatsoever. With the talent, experience, superior technique our players have even in a pre-season friendly we should win easily against League1 teams. Something is not working ? The training games should have revealed by now what is the best eleven, so why are we playing ineffective two teams in each game ?

...the superior technique is overcome by the opposition being further ahead in their development!!!

We will get better as the minutes are in our legs and the rust is blown away. Timing all wrong out there at the moment, it will come right.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought Benkovic and Nelson were decent. I didn't like the midfield mix and the full backs were so appalling it made our wingers completely redundant and created no angles to open up midfield either. The aimless hoofing to Iheanacho was pointless but Choudhury really didn't help either, his movement was so poor.

I thought Nelson was really good seemed to always be in the right place at the right time, reads the game very well for his age 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

CM is going to be interesting. Soumare is far too good to be sat on a bench.

It's going to be either 4-3-3 but we don't have the wide players for it, or the dreaded diamond with two up front which again causes issues as it doesn't suit our forwards.

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...very much something that needs to be taken out of his game!!!

Why has his coaches not stamped it out. He himself needs the self discipline to not make that challenge but his coaching has obviously not been good enough. He really needs to stay on his feet, he is strong enough to compete and quick enough to hold up a player to buy time for additional support, he has to take responsibility for how his game has developed and if he cannot be instructed by the staff then he has to do it himself.

It has been a wasted few years for him at the club, as it seems he has learned nothing. He needs to ask himself questions and then look to find the answers quickly.

We've seen it with other players such as Demari Gray, you cannot coach decision making. Choudhury doesn't make good decisions & probably never will. It's time to let him move on & see if he can build a career somewhere else. 

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

It's going to be either 4-3-3 but we don't have the wide players for it, or the dreaded diamond with two up front which again causes issues as it doesn't suit our forwards.

Daka and Vardy won't work, it'll be Vardy and Iheanacho with Daka starting the season as a sub if we go the diamond. I've concerns about it but Soumare or KDH might add a dimension to it that we've not seen, it was Tielemans getting caught that I was bothered about but Soumare and KDH's energy is intense.

34 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

2 pre-season games to go and Kasper, Barnes, Timmy, Youri, Perez, Evans all without minutes. Not the best start.

It's a tournament year, we won't be alone in that.

Wish people would chill the fvck out.

Bothering to watch pre season friendlies is bad enough. But to then complain when it isn't a cohesive performance? Or that we didn't win? Sad men.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I get that Pre Season doesn't usually mean too much, but you have to worry with the lack of threat in both games thus far.

We are the foxes...we are clever but Let the world take us for dumb...

Why Raid an Empty roost..Why follow the obvious trail, Let the hounds of despair run around chasing and crashing through thorny undergrowth...

Lay a Scent of doubt, send the hounds Chasing their own arses a wondering..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

My only criticism of this pre-season is this 45 min per team business. I'd have booked a few more friendlies on different nights and given the teams longer with some U23 players as subs so they play more than 45 but not necessarily the 90. That's what we used to do.

We've been known to play 2 friendlies at the same time in previous seasons.

Gives everyone a good run out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

So if no Barnes or decent rw option to start season then what changes from the 352 that saw out the latter stages of last season? 

I hope he’s close to fitness.

I know it’s pre season, but I don’t think we’ve really created an opportunity against 2 League One sides…