Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lgfualol

Wycombe Pre Season Match Thread (Delayed 15 mins)

7 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Decent test again against a side that was fitter and sharper, I thought Benkovic and Nelson looked very good, Benko could, if he stays fit easily be 4th choice and get game time in lesser Europa league and cup matches. Nelson looks a real talent and would be great for his development to get a season long loan at league one or lower end championship club. 

I though KDH and Maddison looked sharp and wanted to make things happen, Jethro is a threat and always in the game but just lacks that ens product, however that will come. 

unfortunate that Seungchittawon picked up that injury as he had looked really bright and sharp in the 15 minutes after half time. 

we have to remember we are missing a number of key players such as Timmy, Justin, Youri, Evans, Barnes and Bertrand all missing from last nights squad. Add to that Mendy, Perez, Praet and Ward and that is 10 players that all could have featured. 

whilst it’s always disappointing to lose games and not be at our fluent best, pre season and especially early pre season games is all about fitness and getting match sharpness, I fully expect us to step up intensity in the next couple of games against QPR and Villarreal as we get the players ready for the Community Shield and the first Premier league game against Wolves. 

A fair and rational summing up. These first 2/3 games are just about fitness. Villarreal and ManC are the two games that will show us where we are heading.  Need to get Ghezzal gone before Saturday.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Between Benkovic, Amartey and Nelson I really don't think we need another centre half. There's something there with Benkovic.

Ghezzal had a fairly decent games least he can take a corner being the first man, good free kicks just the timing on the players on the end of it. Think we need to keep him a while longer if loaned should be to a Championship team, no point sending overseas to a poor lge needs to get up to speed think there is a decent player in there. 

It's pre season, player don't want to get injured for the season and for next weeks Charity Shield. Overall a good run out against a half decent team. Think you will see more of a starting 11 against QPR.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

****ing awful performance and the traffic getting into Adams Park was shocking. Bleurgh. At least the away kit looked good.

This!!!! And for the people that sang "Leicester reject" to David Stockdale... we had him on loan ffs! :surrender:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tevez said:

This!!!! And for the people that sang "Leicester reject" to David Stockdale... we had him on loan ffs! :surrender:

Looking at the game against Burton and last nights game I thought we looked  good last night some good performances, KDH,BEN Nelson Madders , 

Dewsbury-Hall, Maswanhise, Daka, Soumare, Seungchitthawon and Nelson all did good things and that's all I really wanted to see.

Really impressed with Maswanhise in particular. Reminds me a lot of Raphinha or Leeds. Hard working, can go by anyone and knows when to pass it. Be keeping a keen eye on him this season, I wonder where he'll be playing. Maybe League 1 on loan?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daveb5569 said:

Ghezzal had a fairly decent games least he can take a corner being the first man, good free kicks just the timing on the players on the end of it. Think we need to keep him a while longer if loaned should be to a Championship team, no point sending overseas to a poor lge needs to get up to speed think there is a decent player in there. 

It's pre season, player don't want to get injured for the season and for next weeks Charity Shield. Overall a good run out against a half decent team. Think you will see more of a starting 11 against QPR.

The guys out of contract next season so we’re not loaning him anywhere, will be sold or we keep him and he goes for nothing.

4 hours ago, Daveb5569 said:

I’d honestly rather keep him and sell Perez.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

This is preseason and we have used 22 players in both games but having been at both games i was disappointed with the lack of creativity against two League 1 teams. No goals and indeed no real saves required by their keeper in either game. Nacho looks like he has gone backwards since last season.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Can’t score a goal… last 6 months under Brendan has been ‘too coached’ in my opinion… score the perfect goal or don’t score at all. 

....I am not sure about the last six months!!!

What with injuries and readjusting, it was going to be a way for us to have a style which allowed us to utilise our best players who were available at the time. The two pre-season games have been pre planned as shape and pass and move exercises, to give equal amount of time on the ball. I have no problem with this as what we see in pre-season does not translate into how we play in the league.

The only two players who appeared that they wanted to play at their usual pace was Maswanhise and Thomas, they will learn to curb their instincts in due course.

Not concerned by the lack of goals or lack of chances created. All about fitness. Being sharp etc, we look okay keeping the ball at the back at going forward things will click, always the same pre season, when have we ever gone out in last few years and stuck 5/6 by a league 1 team during pre season, can’t remember. Last couple seasons have been good. Roll on the 7th I say when proper football is back 

...watching the game, I noticed how Amartey spends about 80% of the game facing his own goal!!!

As soon as he receives a pass, there is only one direction it was going. Even when given space he holds on to it, waits, turns to his goal, and lays it back to the defender, no attempt to play it down the line or look for a player in the middle willing to accept the pass.

As for Hamza, just take the ball and move forward for ten yards, that is all you need to affect the position the team is in, defence will either drop off, your team member might make a run and someone will have to alter their position in order to close you down meaning they have now vacated an area to be exploited. He really does not need to do too much more than he is doing right now, in order to have a bigger impact on the game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...watching the game, I noticed how Amartey spends about 80% of the game facing his own goal!!!

As soon as he receives a pass, there is only one direction it was going. Even when given space he holds on to it, waits, turns to his goal, and lays it back to the defender, no attempt to play it down the line or look for a player in the middle willing to accept the pass.

As for Hamza, just take the ball and move forward for ten yards, that is all you need to affect the position the team is in, defence will either drop off, your team member might make a run and someone will have to alter their position in order to close you down meaning they have now vacated an area to be exploited. He really does not need to do too much more than he is doing right now, in order to have a bigger impact on the game.

Part of me thinks we should play creative midfielders across the entire defence and play our defenders in midfield as we spend the majority of our time on the ball in defence, it's so frustrating.