Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Patson Daka

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Looks a little timid so far but him and Vardy seemed to have a too similar role tonight and there was no real connection between them. That will hopefully come and he can start to impose himself more as he settles in. 

At one point they both made the exact same run 

18 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Looks a little timid so far but him and Vardy seemed to have a too similar role tonight and there was no real connection between them. That will hopefully come and he can start to impose himself more as he settles in. 

Vardy doesn't connect with any striker unless he is the focal point and the other plays a withdrawn role like Nugent and Okazaki did, Iheanacho in the second half of the season did a similar job. I don't know why we keep trying another striker up with him as it's never going to work.

It pretty much rules 4-3-3 out too as Daka and Iheanacho don't look anything like wide forwards, which is annoying as I hoped we were building towards that given we're stacked in midfield now.

• Like 1

It seems the players just need more play time to freshen up for the season ahead.

Worrying thing is we only have two friendlies left, arguably being the 2 toughest ones but that said, I think we will draw at QPR and then beat Villarrreal.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Surely should have played a pairing of main striker and withdrawn forward in each of the halves tonight. The main strikers being Vardy and Daka, the withdrawn forwards being Iheanacho and Maddison.

We did that in the last game, didn't we? I expect Brendan wanted to see how Daka and Vardy got on as a pairing.

Sticking a few goals past Wycombe or Burton means nothing in the context of the season anyway. Formations change, players change. Not sure Brendan really needs 45 mins to see that Daka & Vardy have similar styles. He'll know that anyway and a few days of training will have pretty much confirmed it. It's unlikely the academy lads being thrown in will feature much either, it's just rotating players and getting minutes under their belt. We had so many niggles and players missing for weeks at a time last season he'll just be focusing on getting everyone up to a level and getting as many as possible ready to go.

On 24/07/2021 at 18:04, filthyfox said:

Why not?  Kane is a perennial failure!

Not true...he does his job..its the majority of his teammates & club that cant consistently deliver,exceptions,Lloris, Son, maybe also Moura & Winks.

Kane is and has been a Great goal-scorer,since he Made Great Strides after Leaving Leicester...

England managers have all  missed a Trick in Not forging and encouraging an England Front-line of Kane & Vardy, I reckon they would equalled or been better

than the Shearer/Sheringham pairing...

Even now, when Foreign past & present Coaches speak of England...its always the suprise how English managers have been blind to English-strikers obvious

strengths and Ruined their own International potential by trying to be too clever. Für likes of Rooney,Kane,Vardy,Shearer Never had the Quality of Feed or tactics

enjoyed whan playing for their clubs.. 

reason..? Too slow in moving the ball forward, Holding the ball Too long with no Designated Priority  ball carriers and game makers ..

Stop Kane dropping back,Let Grealish,Foden(Mount) be his water-carriers...

if it wasnt for Our Vardy-story...then Kane would be Way ahead on my First choice preference to see/have in a Leicester shirt..ahead of Aguero,Salah,or Mane..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

It seems the players just need more play time to freshen up for the season ahead.

Worrying thing is we only have two friendlies left, arguably being the 2 toughest ones but that said, I think we will draw at QPR and then beat Villarrreal.

The results are substantially irrelevant at this point. Right now, the lads need to get their sea legs and round into match fitness, while the coaches are looking at different tactics. 

7 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Man City game is classed as a friendly.  Goals don't even count on players stats . If we wasn't in it we'd be playing anyway .

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Where's the width going to come from? 

Full backs. 

Rodgers has played a diamond before, and not just with us, so bare that in mind. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t rule out a diamond for the first part of the season. 
Kasper 

Ricardo Soyuncu Fofana Bertrand

Ndidi 

Tielemans Soumare

Maddison

Vardy Daka 

I can definitely see this happening. That Villa match where we played a diamond and won 4-1 was probably the best I have seen us play in person under Brendan (admittedly I don't go to every match!). 

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It might take Daka a while, wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start properly firing until January/February sort of time.

Struggled a bit in the friendlies but we've given him little to work with.

Can't remember one half decent pass to him

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

hes played half a game in 2 friendlies. Give him a chance!

Surely he has fulfilled the minimum requirement to become a scapegoat.   

Rodgers was so disappointed he subbed him at half time.

• Haha 3