Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Patson Daka

Ridiculous making comparisons to Musa.

None of our forwards have scored yet, in fact no player has scored yet.

Strikers need the ball in the right areas and so far, that's been the disappointment of pre season as we don't appear to creating very much.

Once we get into the flow I'm confident Daka will show us all that he is a quality finisher. I just hope he is given the chance to play as a striker and not shoehorned into playing in an artificial position, somewhat like Kramaric was.

On 25/07/2021 at 09:37, AjcW said:

Paid his wages for the year then? lol 

On 25/07/2021 at 11:04, urban fox said:

Unlikely as 90% of them shirts are more likely to be cheap knock-offs rater than official merch which the club would get a percentage royalty from

Nearly 2/3 of Zambians exist on less than $1.90 per day, so unlikely that there is much of a market for official merchandise over there. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Zambia

4 hours ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t rule out a diamond for the first part of the season. 
Kasper 

Ricardo Soyuncu Fofana Bertrand

Ndidi 

Tielemans Soumare

Maddison

Vardy Daka 

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Bertrand is first choice over Thomas given his progress so far. 

Surely Bertrand is cover. 

(Unless Thomas is injured? Tbf I'm losing track.)

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Nearly 2/3 of Zambians exist on less than $1.90 per day, so unlikely that there is much of a market for official merchandise over there. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Zambia

Then they must earn it working somewhere with access to free interwebs because they’re all over Fb. Millions of them. So far I’ve blocked 972,301.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, norfolkfox222 said:

Ironic lol

What?  You were joking?  Apologies if that is the case.  Too subtle for me, especially in the morning.

I read similar comments in the match thread.  Are you lampooning them?  Were they all jokes?   I'm lost.  It seemed in keeping with some of the batshit comments you read in a lot of match threads so I took it to be sincere.  :dunno:

Edited by murphy

Barely had a sniff but neither has Vardy. Iheanacho is the only one who has even looked like doing anything and that's because he drops deeper.

Daka did do one lovely turn yesterday, using his body to sell the defender. A tiny thing but something that said to me he will have a better all round game than he's been given credit for and there's plenty to work with.

• Like 4

Unless we're planning to replace Vardy as the main striker it just feels like he's not the right fit and will be shoehorned in with fingers crossed. We need wide forwards but what we have is Vardy who needs to be the lone focal point, Daka seems similar and isn't a wide forward, and Iheanacho again is a central forward but one that drops deep.

The only way I see it working is we play with either Vardy or Daka as the lone striker, with Iheanacho or Maddison as number 10. Hopefully with Barnes left and a new right sided forward. I don't think its in Rodgers thoughts though with Ndidi, Soumare and Tielemans to fit in. Hence why I said wide forwards were important to allow us to play a 4-3-3.

• Haha 2

Far too many people on here are way to used to playing football manager, back in the good old days when you'd set up 2 different managers at 2 different clubs, sell all your rubbish players for 100's of million and buy all their decent players for a few hundred thousand. 

A new country, a young lad and he's played in 2 halves of football in 2 meaningless preseason friendlies in which we've fielded 4 different teams and none of them have been anywhere near what you'd consider our first team and here we have people who are already, genuinely worried about how he'll fit in........

The same people who would have been writing off Jamie Vardy after his 1st season or Harvey Barnes, who was never gonna make it at the highest level and probably want Maddison gone.......

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Bertrand is first choice over Thomas given his progress so far. 

Surely Bertrand is cover. 

(Unless Thomas is injured? Tbf I'm losing track.)

I get what you’re saying and it’s fair, I just think if we were to actually play that system it would be better suited to Bertrand rather than Thomas. 

I think he quickly found out that even lower championship defenders are a lot tougher than the Austrian league. He will be on a steep learning curve and Rodgers knows that. Soumaré has been playing in a high standard of football he should quickly assimilate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think he quickly found out that even lower championship defenders are a lot tougher than the Austrian league. He will be on a steep learning curve and Rodgers knows that. Soumaré has been playing in a high standard of football he should quickly assimilate.

Sorry can't see this word without thinking of this.

73094e062316fa1224d2661b4c761a22.gif

12 hours ago, Claridge said:

Can't remember one half decent pass to him

Needs 10 games minimum. Leaving him out and swapping around with  Vardy could be detrimental to his confidence. He is a proven goalscorer irrespective of the league he has played in as was Vardy.

13 hours ago, Spudulike said:

The Southampton fans opinion was that Bertrand is not the player he was going forward. Decent defensively. I would go for young Luke in that role. 

Agree! Based on the admittedly limited evidence of two pre-season halves, Luke Thomas seems to be on a very good upward trajectory in confidence, tactical awareness and growth. He should be deemed our default starting LB for now. Bertrand is insurance.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1