Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Patson Daka

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is the man to take over from Vardy when that time comes.

I fear that time is pretty much here…

Impressive how easy he made the finish and then peak Vardy to win the penalty. Rusty in is hold up play, if he can show an ability with his back to goal then he makes a big difference to this side. Vardy gets first go this season but Daka needs to be ready to impress. I think Daka and Vardy need someone near them, Can we get Iheanacho in without messing with formation too much. 

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I fear that time is pretty much here…

But why fear it? If that time has come, we have someone that can take over. He was superb today.

Of course it will be a massive shame to see the decline of our best ever player, but it was always going to happen. Daka played like peak Vardy in that 30 minute cameo, and if it means Daka takes over, we still have Vardy off the bench, which can be deadly in of itself.

• Like 1

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

But why fear it? If that time has come, we have someone that can take over. He was superb today.

Of course it will be a massive shame to see the decline of our best ever player, but it was always going to happen. Daka played like peak Vardy in that 30 minute cameo, and if it means Daka takes over, we still have Vardy off the bench, which can be deadly in of itself.

Well I fear it coz I like Vardy and it’s always a bit sad when club greats come to the end of their time.

But mainly I thought you might be one of the people who insist that Vardy will be as good as he ever was as soon as he shakes off his injury. I see you’re probably not one of those people, so apologies!

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I don't think Vardy is finished quite yet but equally, Daka looked far more effective when he came on.

Agreed. Think we should try 442 with a mix of our 3 strikers imo

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Has to start v Wolves maybe. Doesn’t matter who plays in the community shield!

Matters to me! Want to win that thing, need to complete the set of English trophies even if it’s meaningless! 

Then we just need to get relegated down to League Two and win the league and the JPT or whatever it’s called now. 

edit: just saw we won it in 1971, so feck it, time to get relegated to League 2.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I don't think Vardy is finished quite yet but equally, Daka looked far more effective when he came on.

Dakas pace reminded me of Vardy a few years ago. Just unbelievably rapid. He seems to have the finishing and technical ability to go with it as well just as Vardy does. Watching him win that penalty really highlighted how much Vardy has deteriorated physically in the last couple of years.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

But why fear it?

Because Vardy has been a massive part of this club and has really helped carry us to our success, it doesn't matter if we have the next Ronaldo (9) ready to replace him, it's still going to be sad when he bows out. 

Albrighton must be a joy to play with for a striker. So few wingers actually look to move the ball forward quickly these days. 

Much rather have someone try the ball he did today than take on 2 players before passing it backwards 

48 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Very confident in Brendan’s ability to manage the Daka Vardy changeover smoothly. 

Yep think this could be the first season that he’s not an instant first choice for the whole season . Patson and Nacho are both young so could be a strike partnership for years if we can keep them both.  With  Vardy coming off the bench . I don’t think Vardy is done yet . What a nice headache to have choosing  between 3 quality strikers you just couldn’t dream of it back in the dark days .