Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Patson Daka

7 hours ago, ronnup said:

Can he play wide of a front 3 or is he a straight cf? 

I'd rather he played though the middle but it's good to have the options, and if Vards or Kel hit some form, with Barnes that's a hell of a 3

He has played as a left sided forward much more than on the right. If Barnes gets injured  again I wouldn't be surprised to see Daka deputies for him

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He has played as a left sided forward much more than on the right. If Barnes gets injured  again I wouldn't be surprised to see Daka deputies for him

Hahahaa he's played twice in about 150 games on the left, 6 times on the right and the rest as a striker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

His pace is electric and will clearly be such an asset.

I wonder what he’ll be like when he can’t use pace to exploit teams.

His pace will have already caused teams to go deeper allowing for our wide players to get forward.   I believe he is a decent header of the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

His pace is electric and will clearly be such an asset.

I wonder what he’ll be like when he can’t use pace to exploit teams.

This is the beauty of having some depth, you play him 60 minutes run the defense ragged, then who do we bring on? Vardy.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

This is the beauty of having some depth, you play him 60 minutes run the defense ragged, then who do we bring on? Vardy.

I expect it to be more the other way around for a while. 

Vardy is the main man and will be for a while. He'll be starting a lot of games still. 

Then at the 60 minute mark, if we need goals then Daka will be brought on to do exactly what he did at QPR. 

Only if Vardy gets injured or his form keeps on like it currently is past Christmas will Daka take him off the teamsheet.

Vardy is our talisman, he inspires everyone else to play to their best and he terrifies defences. Daka doesn't have that reputation yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Verumex said:

Vardy is the main man and will be for a while. He'll be starting a lot of games still. 

Then at the 60 minute mark, if we need goals then Daka will be brought on to do exactly what he did at QPR. 

Only if Vardy gets injured or his form keeps on like it currently is past Christmas will Daka take him off the teamsheet.

Vardy is our talisman, he inspires everyone else to play to their best and he terrifies defences. Daka doesn't have that reputation yet. 

This will be the transition year I think. 
Vardy may start a few games at the start of the season but Daka is inevitable. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Definately will be transition year, watching him yesterday his movement was brilliant but he will need a year to adapt as he does seem a bit lightweight. Similar to vardy when we signed him really.

1 hour ago, Verumex said:

I mean he’s been running this form since the turn of the year so I don’t expect Vards to just snap out of it… hopefully having genuine competition for the first time in years will bring the best out of him! If not and Daka produces the goods Brendan will have no choice but to start the lad imo

37 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I do agree completely, although I personally expect the transition to be slower than others here seem to expect. 

There'll be a lot of "Why does Rodgers refuse to bench Vardy" posts this year. 

It's hard to transition out a player like Jamie Vardy, even when he's in poor form, as it will have an impact on team morale. 

By the end of the year though, yes, I don't think Vardy will be starting games. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t think he looked lightweight at all to be honest, showed great strength to hold the QPR defender off before setting KDH up. 

More often then not he struggled with the physicality of the defenders. But that's not a surprise as shithouse Championship big bastards are very different beast to Austrian Bundesliga defenders. His pace and momentum is what will carry him past those big lumbering CBs something that will develop over the year.

Guest StevieLynex
46 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I bet Sean Dyche watched that pass from Albrighton and chewed off his lower lip. 

Yep, just the player Burnley need. And he’s OURS!

Would have preferred if it was someone like Klopp or Pep chewing their lips

Guest StevieLynex
5 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

The assist was absolutely sublime!

Albrighton 10 yards inside his own half, beats 2 men then plays a 25 yard inch perfect pass and weight right into the path of Daka to tuck away like Vardy in his pomp.

That's KDB quality. 

On form our own Kevin is always looks for the progressive early ball or cross, which plays so well to Vardy (now Daka) running in behind. 

Keeping with the acronyms that's what KDH brought to the game in the second half - quick forward passes where possible.

It was good, but he was playing against a Championship side