Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Based on Rodgers' comments today I assuming the lay of the land is this.

There is some money available but not enough for a winger and a centre half. Based on Evans you'd think we may be about to go for a centre half, as it sounds like he may need an op.

3 names spring to mind: Vestegaard (1 year on his contract), tarkowski (1 year on his contract), kabak (free to whoever wants to deal with his agent). Preference for me would be vestegaard, massive and a stay at home defender.

Or is it all a smokescreen?

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Based on Rodgers' comments today I assuming the lay of the land is this.

There is some money available but not enough for a winger and a centre half. Based on Evans you'd think we may be about to go for a centre half, as it sounds like he may need an op.

3 names spring to mind: Vestegaard (1 year on his contract), tarkowski (1 year on his contract), kabak (free to whoever wants to deal with his agent). Preference for me would be vestegaard, massive and a stay at home defender.

Or is it all a smokescreen?

But with a few astute sales, we could easily raise £30m

Praet

Perez

Amartey

Ghazzel

Choudhury

and to a lesser extent Ward

could all be sold. There has to be over £30m there.

I wouldn't rule out the sale of Maddison either if an appropriate offer came in.

It won't be Tah - Tapsoba is injured and they lost Bender and Dragovic over the summer.

Still think Adarabioyo from Fulham would be a good buy, although supposedly his £10m clause has now expired.

Once Kasper is back the need for a leader in the back four is quite significantly reduced IMO, and further if Bertrand is playing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Praet

Perez

Amartey

Ghazzel

Choudhury

I wouldn't rule out the sale of Maddison either if an appropriate offer came in.

If they are all as easy to get rid of as Ghezzal this could take quite some time. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Praet

Perez

Amartey

Ghazzel

Choudhury

After watching Jakupovic I really wouldn't sell Ward.

Guest Kopfkino

Unless the being only able afford one or the other is based on no sales and sales would give us more options, I’ve no idea why Rodgers accepts this. The guy has produced massively on little net spend, just put the cash up and back him just once at least. If we go into the season with Amartey as the 3rd choice defender due to a long-term Evans injury or no right winger it’s inexcusable for a club that wants to challenge for trophies and European places.

40 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

After watching Jakupovic I really wouldn't sell Ward.

But there are other keepers who are near the end of their career who could be bought for next to nothing as cover for Schmeichal. For example, Joe Hart is available. I'm not saying go out and get him, but there are other similar goalies available.

Personally I don't think Ward will go unless he pushes for a move after a successful Euro's.

We talk about deadwood from a few seasons ago, but we now need to move on some players who are not up to playing at the level we now aspire to or who we can't guarantee regular first team football.

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Praet

Perez

Amartey

Ghazzel

Choudhury

We could sell a few players that would play less than 20% of available minutes and raise £40m+ (Not that I'd to want sell all of these but a combination)

Even conservatively you'd expect 

£15m for Perez

£15m for Praet

£8m for Ward

£8m for Choudhury

£5m for Mendy

£5m for Ghezzal

£3m for Iversen 

£3m for Benkovic

Loan with an option/obligation to buy would be useful for any rotational players we'd be looking to bring in.

Just now, Stadt said:

We could sell a few players that would play less than 20% of available minutes and raise £40m+ (Not that I'd to want sell all of these but a combination)

£15m for Perez

£15m for Praet

£8m for Ward

£8m for Choudhury

£5m for Mendy

£5m for Ghezzal

£3m for Iversen 

£3m for Benkovic

Loan with an option/obligation to buy would be useful for any rotational players we'd be looking to bring in.

If we want to go a long way in the cup competitions this season then we need to keep a few of those - and no way are we selling iverson and ward. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

£15m for Perez

£15m for Praet

£8m for Ward

£8m for Choudhury

£5m for Mendy

£5m for Ghezzal

£3m for Iversen 

£3m for Benkovic

Just now, st albans fox said:

If we want to go a long way in the cup competitions this season then we need to keep a few of those - and no way are we selling iverson and ward. 

• Haha 4

Benkovic needs to be sold if we aren't going to give him a chance.

Cahill on a free and then spend whatever pitiful amount we have left on a right winger. Perez will cause folk needing the loony bin this season if not.

• Sad 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Ric Flair said:

Benkovic needs to be sold if we aren't going to give him a chance.

Cahill on a free and then spend whatever pitiful amount we have left on a right winger. Perez will cause folk needing the loony bin this season if not.

Thought sowah was good again today.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Thought sowah was good again today.

Was he? Didn't watch the game mate, seen some folk claiming he's been crap so far which is very harsh. I can't stomach Ayo anymore but Albrighton, Sowah and Jethro may just be enough with Barnes if we are incredibly lucky?

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was he? Didn't watch the game mate, seen some folk claiming he's been crap so far which is very harsh. I can't stomach Ayo anymore but Albrighton, Sowah and Jethro may just be enough with Barnes if we are incredibly lucky?

He didn’t do anything wrong, but wasn’t noticeable at all. He barely touched the ball and wasn’t really involved. There were plenty of players who played really well, Sowah was not one of them. 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

He didn’t do anything wrong, but wasn’t noticeable at all. He barely touched the ball and wasn’t really involved. There were plenty of players who played really well, Sowah was not one of them. 

Me and Jordan Blackwell disagree with you.

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Who played better today Ayo or Sowah?