Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Under our circumstances, I honestly can’t see the opposition to Cahill.  Yeah he’s old and slow, but against the right opposition he can be extremely useful.  We need depth, and a guy with his pedigree is going to provide a measure of calm and stability on the back line.

And Evans is young and quick?

Cahill wouldn’t be the future of the team, but if we was able to come in to plug gaps for a relatively short period and fall into back up once Wes is back, it’s a good signing in my book.

Only concern is the wages he might demand will be high due to there being no signing on fee.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we went for Kabak. Won’t break the bank, he’ll be playing with Soyuncu. Has premier league experience as well. 

Aye, seems like the obvious choice to be honest but I still feel like we need someone else on top of that. 

I would be disappointed If we didn't at least TALK to Boatengs reps to see what he was after. If we could get Kabak on a loan with an option (or even an obligation if it came to it) to buy and picked up Boateng who will want big wages and a substantial sign on,  it would maybe equate to buying a decent CB outright...

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we went for Kabak. Won’t break the bank, he’ll be playing with Soyuncu. Has premier league experience as well. 

I would but I could be wrong.

We needed 1 centre back before last night, now our hand has been forced we need 2. With Cahill's situation, he wouldn't be the worst we could go for given his experience. As a squad filler to play in early rounds of the cups, europa league and to come on later in games that we should hopefully be cruising in, it makes a lot of sense. Plus an experienced head that we so desperately need 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I would but I could be wrong.

Even if we haven’t been interested in the past (contrary to reports) Kabak probably makes the most financial sense looking at it now. 

I’d make him the favourite. Vestergaard makes a lot of sense too but I don’t see it now they’ve already sold another key player. 

I just don’t see us having enough room in the budget for the 20m+ it would take for Tarkowski or anyone else for that matter.

Edited by Aleksz

10 hours ago, Dunge said:

Tarkowski for me too. It looks like we’ll need a replacement for Evans long term and I reckon we’d regret Kabak in 12 months time, on a contract with massive wages and probably underwhelming on the pitch.

I assume the Cahill suggestions are a joke, the guy practically qualifies for a zimmerframe. Would rather see Amartey.

Won't see Fofana play now till mid way through 22/23 season

1 hour ago, Foxes BC said:

I think Nathan Ake on loan would be decent.

Won't happen with Laporte wanting away. With Man City signing Grealish and Kane they won't have any money to sign a another CB also as if Laporte and Ake both left they'd only be left with Stones and Dias.

Phillips from Liverpool on loan!!  He was very good filling in for Van Dijk Matip and Gomez.  I know people are saying we need a old head to lead the defense, but we may not need to buy a direct replacement for Fofana as he will be back either latethis season or at the beginning of the next. If we can save our funds to either buy a winger or as has been said another CB then having a guy like Phillips can't hurt.  Either that or give Benkovic a fair shot.  we have been very happy to have Soyoncu and little Wes at the hreart of the defense so I don't see why a guy like Phillips can't do the Fofana role while he is out.  Johhny will be back around Xmas at the latest.

We may still need more depth and buy a CB as well but the second player should be a loanee.