Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

1 minute ago, Genesis1 said:

We can't just rely on Bertrands experience to lead the back line. You need a leader. Do You think Wes Morgan would have gotten to the levels he did with Robert Huth by his side? Or would he have been just as good with Liam Moore by his side?

Nothing to do with experience, he hasnt got the legs to deal with counter attacks 

Edited by Danny280995

Realistically at this late stage Cahill would be a good stop gap til Evans is back. Sounds like maybe Xmas time from BBC RL. 

Medium term Tarkowski would be good to fill Evans' role. Wes and Cags need an experienced head around them whether in a two to three.

Amartey/Benkovic are 4th choice. 

Worrying for the start of the season.

• Thanks 1

If Little Wes is out for the majority of the season or all of the season, then we need two CB’s. Two players each position is always the requirement, having Amartey, Benkovic & Nelson as back up won’t be good enough.

Cahill & Kabak make the most sense, one a free, the other dirt cheap.

If we are to throw money at a CB though, then you fully expect it to be Tarkowski or Vestergaard, although I’d absolutely love to see us snatch Tomiyasu from the grasps of Spurs, available for similar price as those two, can play anywhere across the back four :thumbup:

• Like 4

Get Kabak and Tarkowski in is what we should do and that would probably cost around £35m meaning we probably won't have any money for a rw unless we sell Maddison. Alternatively get Cahill and Kabak and maybe have some money left for a winger without selling Maddison  

Of course it has to do with experience. All of his positives for a year would certainly make up for the flaw of being weak in a counter attack.

The guy is a premier league winner, Champions league winner and Europa league winner I believe. How much could our team value that. Oh, and did I mention it would only cost us his wage? It's a no brainer and I for one wouldn't be worried to see a back 4 of Betrand, Cahill, Soyunchu and Castange/Perriera against Wolves.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I'd get tarkowski in tbh. He seems like the Evans successor to me. Whether they will is another question but I reckon Burnley would sell.

9 minutes ago, RGFox said:

Realistically at this late stage Cahill would be a good stop gap til Evans is back. Sounds like maybe Xmas time from BBC RL. 

Medium term Tarkowski would be good to fill Evans' role. Wes and Cags need an experienced head around them whether in a two to three.

Amartey/Benkovic are 4th choice. 

Worrying for the start of the season.

Not heard the radio, what did they say about evans? 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are there any centre halves out there that also play right wing? They can fill in at the back until Xmas and then hit 10 goals and 10 assists for the 2nd half of the season? 

Dan james is so fast he can do both roles. Only problem is his crosses are like row z clearances.

There’s every chance clubs will  be raising their prices for us as they’ll know how desperate we are. Loan  would be our best option for value for money OR someone who’s in the last year of their contract. 

I keep coming back to Tarkowski.

Tarkowski for me too. It looks like we’ll need a replacement for Evans long term and I reckon we’d regret Kabak in 12 months time, on a contract with massive wages and probably underwhelming on the pitch.

I assume the Cahill suggestions are a joke, the guy practically qualifies for a zimmerframe. Would rather see Amartey.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Names of players who could be available but would cost...

Tarkowski

Botman

Zouma

Vestegaard

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

I’m not gonna pretend I’m in the know or anything however Eric Bailly starting next Saturday against wolves wouldn’t surprised me in the slightest. 

r u serious or is this a wind up

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are there any centre halves out there that also play right wing? They can fill in at the back until Xmas and then hit 10 goals and 10 assists for the 2nd half of the season? 

Bring back Wes Morgan. I’ll never forget the sight of him bombing down the right wing. the fact it was about 5 years ago should be irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

I’m not gonna pretend I’m in the know or anything however Eric Bailly starting next Saturday against wolves wouldn’t surprised me in the slightest. 

They're playing us mate not Man Utd

• Haha 1