Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

New defender

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I expect Benkovic to get the start in the Charity Sheild ! It would be a slap in the face to him & Amartey to start Ndidi ahead of them. Perfect opportunity to see what Filip can do. 

To be honest, the thought of the likes of Stirling, Grealish, Foden, Torres or Jesus hovering around Benko gives me nightmares…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Agree to disagree. Proposing to utilise soumare for tielemans as first cover over maddiison is not the best idea though and our interpretation of Soumare's position's and quality's will have to be left debatable.

So, who's doing Maddison's job while you're shoehorning him into a deep-lying playmaker role? You've already said you don't think it's wise to reposition a player as it drags other players around.

55 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

So, who's doing Maddison's job while you're shoehorning him into a deep-lying playmaker role? You've already said you don't think it's wise to reposition a player as it drags other players around.

Maddison's been playing in a deep left sided advanced midfield role as it is rather than a No.10 position Mr Wizard. Perez has been occupying the other pockets unless the team is on the attack and maddison transitions centrally with Perez on his right.

15 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Maddison's been playing in a deep left sided advanced midfield role as it is rather than a No.10 position Mr Wizard. Perez has been occupying the other pockets unless the team is on the attack and maddison transitions centrally with Perez on his right.

Don't deep and advanced cancel each other out? Isn't it more of a left-sided neutral midfield role?

So, who's doing the famous deep left sided advanced midfield role while Maddison's covering for Youri?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I expect Benkovic to get the start in the Charity Sheild ! It would be a slap in the face to him & Amartey to start Ndidi ahead of them. Perfect opportunity to see what Filip can do. 

Makes sense. Why not put him in and see what he can do against the best opposition possible without it costing the team. The extra spot in our defense should be his to try and save for himself. We have a few years of investment in him, let's see if it was worth it.

I hate to say it but if we don’t get TWO CB in a.s.a.p we can kiss this season goodbye . I know money’s tight , but if we don’t spend now and we finish mid table , think of the fall out from that , we could lose YOURI , Maddison , cagas and maybe even a couple more , that will cost us a lot more . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bptiger said:

I hate to say it but if we don’t get TWO CB in a.s.a.p we can kiss this season goodbye . I know money’s tight , but if we don’t spend now and we finish mid table , think of the fall out from that , we could lose YOURI , Maddison , cagas and maybe even a couple more , that will cost us a lot more . 

This is so true. We're only a Cags injury away from being in deep stick, we can't play Thursday-Sunday for several months with just Cags, Benkovic and Amarty or Ndidi. This will be Rogers biggest test, not spunking 25m+ up the wall on Tarkowski when Kabak is available for less than 8 and Cahill for free. It's only until the new year.

24 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

GENESIS 1 I really think we need 3 CB , if we buy kabak and Cahill , 1st is young and the 2nd is old and slow , we need a 3rd one to cover both of them 

Nah, Benko and even Nelson can be that emergency backup

Little Wes , injury has really been a downer going into the season , had really high hopes , with 3 good signing and no stars leaving , as of yet . Really hope the owners stump up some cash for a A GRADE CB , to cover Wes and evans

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

GENESIS 1 I really think we need 3 CB , if we buy kabak and Cahill , 1st is young and the 2nd is old and slow , we need a 3rd one to cover both of them 

And a 4th to cover the 3rd.

Where does it end? We have a squad of limited size, and if Fofana is out for 6 months I suspect he will still be registered. Though we could potentially get a 6 month loan, register that player now, then replace them in the squad with Fofana in January in that instance. Unless we sign an U21 any new player will need to take the place of Fofana, Praet or Amartey in our 25 man squad. 

• Like 2

Benkovic – This is the guy that couldn't get into the Cardiff or Leuven teams. A guy that's made 11 appearances in 2 years, a guy that's never made an league appearance for LCFC – It would be an unbelievable turnaround were he to come back and make an impact.

Edited by jonny_wright

1 minute ago, jonny_wright said:

Benkovic – This is the guy that couldn't get into the Cardiff or Leuven teams. A guy that's made 11 appearances in 2 years, a guy that's never made an league appearance for LCFC – It would be an unbelievable turnaround were he to come back and make an impact.

It would indeed, let`s give it a go :-)

7 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

I mean by the sound of things. It looks like both managers didn't want him and the little time he got he did well apart for like 1 game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Woof said:

I saw a suggestion somewhere that he might play Bertrand as a CH.  He effectively plays there part of the time already when Ricardo bombs up the field, so this might work with Thomas a LB and no change then necessay in midfield.

I could see that as one option. I'm sure there are others being batted around.

57 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

He has been extraordinarily unlucky with loans, with managers not wanting to use him because he was “the owners player” etc. 

Can see Rodgers giving him a chance, isn’t a lot to lose in the community shield, let’s be honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonny_wright said:

Similar to the turn-round with Iheanacho ... which happened.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I really don’t wanna see Castagne at CB. He is far to mobile and dangerous going forward. We lost so much impetuous and penetration when we was moved to cb

Playing players out of position was catastrophic for us last season; it affected the balance of the whole team and reduced the effectiveness of several players.  (e.g. Ndidi at CB, Castagne in a back 3).  I would look to resist that if at all possible.  Better to play a genuine CB tomorrow, as experimentation.  Giving Benkovic a chance seems a no-lose solution.  If he looks out of his depth then, if the result is important to Rodgers, he can drag him off and try something else.  If he steps up then we know we have a potential solution for one of the vacant CB slots (either to immediately slot into the team or be our 3rd choice).

Either way, it gives us information about his suitability and clarifies how many CBs we need to get in.

• Like 3